Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

My Cousin is Trans

Started by Britt116, December 17, 2017, 09:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Britt116

So I learned the other day that my cousin is a MTF trans. She (honestly even though I fully support/ feel similarly, it is hard to make the pronoun switch) is early 20s and just came out. I feel like this might be a good time to let her know that I am in full support of her. I could come out to her and maybe it will help. I don't know what a good move is for me but I just thought that it was interesting that they whole time, we have been going through similar experiences without realizing it.
  •  

Jailyn

For sure tell her!!!! I love to hear from others that they support me and especially when they know what I am going through too!!!! That is like brownie points there. So if you feel comfortable coming out to her then I would do it!!!! I love bonding with my fellow trans gives me great vibes!!!!
  •  

Laurie

Hi Britt,

I think she could probably use all the support she can get at this time. If she is just coming out it can be a time of high stress for her. As long as you feel it is safe for yourself to tell her then go ahead as it could help both of you.
   And oh btw be sure to let her know there is this wonderful support site that is full of people just like her.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

rainecloude

As long as you feel it is safe to do so I would definitely suggest coming out to her. This is rare experience that you could really both benefit from sharing together. Would be a wonderful way to show you support her. :)

Much love. <3
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Definitely tell her! It's so nice to find someone going through the same thing as you; even better if it's someone in the family.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

elkie-t

You can express your support to her even if you don't want to come out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

jessica95

Quote from: Britt116 on December 17, 2017, 09:42:14 PM
So I learned the other day that my cousin is a MTF trans. She (honestly even though I fully support/ feel similarly, it is hard to make the pronoun switch) is early 20s and just came out. I feel like this might be a good time to let her know that I am in full support of her. I could come out to her and maybe it will help. I don't know what a good move is for me but I just thought that it was interesting that they whole time, we have been going through similar experiences without realizing it.
Ah, support her. Help her.  And talk with her about this. Yeah, you to are MTF trans right? Cool. Just do your best to support and help.
  •  

Jenntrans

Quote from: Britt116 on December 17, 2017, 09:42:14 PM

OK so I am a little confused on this part. So does that mean you are trans too? Or maybe the other letters? I mean if she is out and you confide in her about yourself then we do not "out" people that confide in us. We just don't do that. 8) One reason is that a lot of us were in before we were out.
  •