Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Could I pass as a male again?

Started by Lady Lisandra, January 15, 2018, 06:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Lisandra

I believe my level of androgyny has dropped in the last months, probably due to the effect of hormones. I'm gendered female 99% of the times, at least face to face and I usually need at least to dress in a very masculine way to be gendered male, but today a woman came to the hotel I work at (I believe my clothes lately are rather feminine), asking for a room, and told me "I know you, you're Lazaro's brother". I don't know her and I'm not sure where she knows me from, but could I pbe starting to pass again as a guy? Last week there was a host who also thought I was male, so it may not be an isolated incident.

So...what do you think? Here are some photos of me.

https://imgur.com/a/qVhXw
- Lis -
  •  

HappyMoni

Lis,
   Don't see guy at all. I think the one person knew you only through the context of seeing you before as related to their friend. That's not a clocking really.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Allison S

I think you pass but photos don't account for voice, mannerisms, even the way you carry yourself/walk. Still solely based on how you look, even with any seemingly male gender marker, you are female. Which to any person that means, yeah, you pass. It's very weird they misgender you.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
  •  

Lady Lisandra

The thing is, she's never seen me before. She's the mother of one of my brother's schoolmates. He's 5yo, and at least in his current school, I've always been his older SISTER.
- Lis -
  •  

Michelle_P

Posture and mannerisms provide subconscious gender hints to a person looking at us.  It's not just facial structure or body form.  If you were to ASK someone why they gendered us the way they do, they would likely make up a tale to explain what their preoptic cortex did, as gender recognition in a casual encounter is not a conscious process in the vast majority of people. 

Head and mouth motion, gait, and posture are all cues to this recognition process, along with static physical appearance.  (I've been clocked from behind, although not recently, I think 🤔 ).

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Lady Lisandra

Meh... she didn't come back. Anyways...I'll continue to post if anything similar happens. Also, I've added another photo without hair on my face.

Thanks for the opinions!
- Lis -
  •  

mako9802

Definitely female....but with a twist.
  •