Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

I guess the moral is...

Started by Kimberly, February 12, 2006, 08:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimberly

Now, I make no pretense to present as female in public, but then neither do I make any attempt to present as male either. Simply put I let people guess and consequently am starting to get some really confused looks.

The setting: The local Best Buy

I was inquiring to one of the workers there on if they had a particular part (and in true style I got the name of it wrong, but never mind that.). The area we were in was not this fellow's section so he directed me to the chap who's section it was. ... The noteworthy part being how he did that, which was simply calling out to the other fellow and saying (paraphrased) "<name> could you help this lady find what she is looking for?". If it weren't for the practice I had from all of my high school years of trying to disparate my reaction from my physical form I'd probably have fainted or some other silly action. ...

This, I might add, was in blue jeans, sneakers and a green sweatshirt (and sports bra trying to be as unobvious as possible.)... no makeup, and only my earrings, hair, mannerism and voice for any basic clues.

So I guess the moral is earrings, hair, mannerisms and voice may take you a long way.
I suppose especially when one has more earrings than most girls, longer hair than the majority of girls, and as for mannerisms and voice... well Mom has mentioned both are pretty girl like.

*blinks twice*.

Whatever the case may be though, talk about being blindsided by the unexpected.

Oh, the part I was looking for? A KVM (I think I called it a KVY) switch so I can get my FreeBSD box going without having to get another monitor.
  •  

Peggiann

Loved your story!

How wonderful it must have made you feel...Like a million bucks I''m guessing.

Smiles,
Peggiann
  •  

Jillieann Rose

Oh that's great Kimberly.
Sound like your true spirit is showing through.
It's alway great to be accept as the real person you are inside.
:)
Jillieann
  •  

Joseph

Kimberly,

That's awesome.  Personally, I've always thought women attractive because of who they are, not necessarily how pretty they are on the outside.  And I'm not just saying that to kick the chauvinistic-pig stereotype.   :D  btw I think KVM stands for Keyboard, Video, Mouse.  It's easier for me to remember when I keep in mind the letters stand for the things I'm attaching to it.

Joseph  :)
  •