Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The bizarre thoughts of a T-girl

Started by AnamethatstartswithE, December 23, 2017, 06:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnamethatstartswithE

So I had to fly this morning, I was wearing women's jeans and a long sleeve T-shirt. When I went through the scanner, there was a little square that showed up between my legs. I actually got excited because I thought they had gendered me as female. Alas, no the little box was on the backside, I still am not sure what it was. Son got To get patted down for nothing. It's still kind of funny that I'm actually hoping the tsa flags me, just so I can be gendered correctly. Ah well merry Christmas everyone.
  •  

Jailyn

I totally understand. I went on a plane in November. I had prepared myself for what may come and wasn't sure if I would be gendered right. Well I was and yes got patted down both times. They were like well ma'am we see an anomalous reading in your groin region. They told me the second time that they got two anomalous readings because bling on pants confuses the machine and mine had like beads, sequins and other pretties. So it is still a possibility they gendered you right but, it is hard to tell unless they show you the gender they chose.
  •  

AnamethatstartswithE

Well thank you, it was a guy who patted me down. I'm 6'4" so I'm pessimistic, but I hope you're right.
  •  

Denise

About two years ago someone posted that if your presentation does not match your genitals tell the technician to press the button that matches your physical genitals.

When I flew from Tampa last December I was treated as Denise should be, as a woman. When I got to the scanner I told them to press the male button.  They asked again and my response was, on the scanner, please select male.

After I went through they checked my back because the bra showed as an issue.  The guy checked, the woman TSA agent was upset that a woman was touched by the guy agent.  She didn't hear the conversation.

Just a note, TSA Pre uses metal detectors not the scanners.  It's worth the $85 for 5 years.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

AnamethatstartswithE

Quote from: Denise on December 24, 2017, 12:16:02 PM

Just a note, TSA Pre uses metal detectors not the scanners.  It's worth the $85 for 5 years.

Yeah, I may do that. The point of the post was that I found it weird that I was hoping for a mixup.
  •  

ForeverLacey

I've flown about a half dozen times since my transition and have never been searched by TSA. Every time I was prepared for it but thankfully it never happened.
Started HRT Nov 2007
Full Time September 2009
GCS With Dr Brassard May 2017
  •  

rmaddy

Oddly enough, how I dress seems to matter.  If I wear loose-fitting pants or sweats, I occasionally get searched (but by a female agent--that have the right to choose), but if I wear my skinny jeans, the scanner is always happy.  YMMV.
  •