Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Is this a normal thing and how could I achieve this/get over it?

Started by virtualverny, December 26, 2017, 08:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

virtualverny

Hey guys! I've been binding since I came out, and for some strange reason, no matter how often I tell myself that it's not how bodies work, I want an ENTIRELY FLAT CHEST. No pecs or anything, just a completely flat chest. Is this a normal desire? It's lead to some pretty unhealthy binding habits for me, and I would like to know if there are any binders strong enough to achieve it, or if there is anything I can do to help me not hate having any form of visible chest :(
  •  

SeptagonScars

I'm sure it's normal to want a completely flat chest, and it's not entirely uncommon for very skinny cis guys to have that as far as from what I've seen. But at healthy weight and heavier guys tend to have a little bit of fat (or more) and/or pecs. But I think the desire to have a completely flat chest is normal nontheless. However, if it's possible to achieve with binders in a safe way, I have no idea. Possibly if you already have a small chest, but otherwise I'm not sure if there is a way. My best advice would be to layer your clothes over your regular binder to give a flatter appearance when dressed. I used to do that in my past and it worked well (I had about B-cup, but I'm sure it can work with bigger chests as well, at least to a certain point). I did also very much want a completely flat chest, but over time I came to like the idea of it not looking quite that flat. What helped me re-think my desire was that because I wasn't super skinny, I thought an almost flat chest would look more proportionate to the rest of my body. I was quite anxious about there being a bit of a lump on my chest even with binder, so that was why I decided to re-think my desire, and then I got a lot less anxious about that.
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

Faith

unless you're underweight, you'll have a chest. Basic muscles will do that. I grew up average to thin/under-weight, I still had muscle shape. I could see them looking down, they looked reasonably flat in a mirror. Well developed muscles can easily give you a look that's larger than some woman's breasts.

I do not recommend trying to get to a completely flat look. Let the muscled look work for you, whether it's muscles or not. try not to over think it.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Elis

If you're not super skinny it's hinging on an unhealthy desire to have a chest which is completely flat. Most guys have some pecs even if they don't work out. It's normal.

I wanted to be completely flat because I wanted nothing which resembles boobs. So after top surgery was slightly disappointed but have now become accustomed to them. With my stocky build it'd have looked ridiculous to be washboard flat. Plus now looks like I have pecs but I didn't have to put any work in
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Kylo

Tbh a completely flat chest on a normal body would look almost as disturbing as boobs, I reckon.

It reminds me of the case of a few guys online who had nipples removed because they saw nipples as "a woman thing". I think they were overthinking it to the point of making themselves look odd.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Jailyn

Well being an MTF I can relate. I don't want any hair at all!!! I even shave my arms because I hate my extra hair. So I am sure for a FTM that having a flat chest is normal as well. You have lived with breasts most of your life and now want to not show that at all. You may be overcompensating like myself, but I can totally understand. I don't think you strange for wanting this. With the "t" in your system though it will be the natural tendency for the pecs to grow out. The "t" does make musculature grow. Now how big you go is completely up to you. If you work them, the bigger. So just some thoughts.
  •  

SeptagonScars

Jailyn, that was too what I meant by thinking it's a normal desire to have. That it's normal for us to get very frustrated and disheartened by our natural parts that we feel disconnected to, and may want to stray as far into the other direction as possible. And it's also very understandable. But probably not a healthy mindset to have in the long run, or at least it hasn't been for me. Luckily I had changed my mind about wanting a completely flat chest (and just wanted a reasonably flat chest instead) before I had top surgery. Cause then despite not ending up quite that flat, I'm very satisfied with the result, and I don't think I would have been otherwise. And I've come to appreciate the more muscular look as well, although I don't look so myself, but I can definitely see some of my pecs in the mirror.
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

Yakayla

That sounds pretty normal to me. Any sign of a bump can remind you of breast tissue and if things were reversed for me, I would be really annoyed with it. One of my friend is a double g cup and was biding every day. But cause of the size, it started to become too painful and they are having them removed.

But even guys can have larger breast size, especially if they are a bit over weight and go to the gym a lot. It really depends on the body type that you are going for. And look at other guys that have the same type of build that you want to get an idea of what your going for.
If I've known you more than an hour, I prolly love you  :icon_redface:
  •