Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

DOCTOR WHO TRANS WITHOUT HRT

Started by Cassi, December 31, 2017, 07:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izzy Grace

Oh, I notice everything gender bendery now, haha. I think its just a phase of my transition, lol!

:)
Starting Weight Oct 17: 234#  ♦  Current Weight 190#  ♦  Goal Weight: 155#  ♦  To Go: 35#

•  

Cassi

No prob Izzy Dear.

I had originally posted this in the news section but it was moved. Must say that my girlfriends here have taught me a few things  ;D
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Good phrase " gender bendery"   kinda what im experencing too
Dont know whether im arthur or martha ???
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

VickyS

Don't forget Romana (Romanadvoratrelundar).  She was referred to in the series as a 'Time Lady'.  She became Lady President of Gallifrey if memory serves.

Actually, while we are on the subject, during Sylvester McCoy's 7th Doctor reign, I was REALLY into Dr Who and amongst fellow nerds, referred to myself as the 13th Doctor as the number 13 has always been significant in my life (born on Friday 13th etc).  Imagine how I felt after all these years when the news broke that the 13th Doctor has become a woman!  Now that just burnt my head out!! lol

Came out to self: mid Oct 17                   Last haircut: 3rd Nov 17       
Came out to wife: 17th Jan 18                 Therapy started: 1st Mar 18
Electrolysis started: 10th Apr 18              Referred to GIC: 16th May 18
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: VickyS on January 12, 2018, 04:10:54 AM
Don't forget Romana (Romanadvoratrelundar).  She was referred to in the series as a 'Time Lady'.  She became Lady President of Gallifrey if memory serves.

Actually, while we are on the subject, during Sylvester McCoy's 7th Doctor reign, I was REALLY into Dr Who and amongst fellow nerds, referred to myself as the 13th Doctor as the number 13 has always been significant in my life (born on Friday 13th etc).  Imagine how I felt after all these years when the news broke that the 13th Doctor has become a woman!  Now that just burnt my head out!! lol

Ah, Mary Tamm, just loved her eyes and kinda wish I could get that look.  When she regenerated I thought she stepped down as representing being hot. 

As far as the doctors and their numbers, personally, I think they screwed up because they don't include Peter Cushing who starred as the doctor in two movies based on episodes of the series.  Paul McGann made one movie and got the number but not poor Cushing.

I wonder if the new doctor will run as much as the old ones :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

KarynMcD

Quote from: Cali on January 12, 2018, 10:02:41 AM
I think they screwed up because they don't include Peter Cushing who starred as the doctor in two movies based on episodes of the series.  Paul McGann made one movie and got the number but not poor Cushing.
Doctor Who: The Problem of Peter Cushing Resolved
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: KarynMcD on January 12, 2018, 01:02:44 PM
Doctor Who: The Problem of Peter Cushing Resolved

Thank ya kindly McD!  Not a big fan of Moffet either.  But despite the article I feel that the stand out for the series is our lady, Miss T.A.R.D.I.S. 

I had mentioned earlier that I stumbled across Tom Baker's Doctor Who while completing a telecourse on PBS back during my college days.  Then later, I came across the Pertwee series which I wouldn't have even stopped to look or figure out what was going on if it hadn't been for Miss T.A.R.D.I.S.

My thought process while becoming delightfully more blond every day is if it walks like a Who, talks like a who, travels like a who and has daleks as adversaries, it must be a WHO :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

TonyaW

For the most part I came out this past summer, so the timing of this is pretty awesome to me.

My wife and I used to watch on the local PBS station back when we were in college. We saw mostly Tom Baker and Peter Davison and named our oldest daughter after one of their companions.

We saw a lot of Pertwee also and a little of 1st, 2nd and 6th Doctors. Think I liked Tom Baker best though. 

Back then the females were Time Ladies.  I don't recall River Song or Missy refered to as a Time Lady though.
Quote from: Izzy Grace on January 02, 2018, 04:50:07 PM
Oh, I notice everything gender bendery now, haha. I think its just a phase of my transition, lol!

:)
Quote from: markie on January 02, 2018, 08:16:34 PM
Good phrase " gender bendery"   kinda what im experencing too
Dont know whether im arthur or martha ???
My grandson (almost 11) uses the phrase gender bender on me sometimes.

He is a fan also and can name, in order,  the names of all the actors that played each doctor for a couple of years now.  Some time when he is giving me the gender bender thing I'll have tell him I'm a Time Lord/Lady and I'm still regenerating.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Drexy/Drex

Haha i like the " im still regenerating  "
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: markie on January 13, 2018, 03:54:13 AM
Haha i like the " im still regenerating  "

Aha!  That's the ticket, I'm not trans'ing, I'm regenerating :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Izzy Grace

Quote from: Cali on January 13, 2018, 02:43:21 PM
Aha!  That's the ticket, I'm not trans'ing, I'm regenerating :)

On/Off topic but someone shared a meme to me that said i turned my gender off and on again and now I have to wait for all these updates to install and I thought of this post!  :laugh:
Starting Weight Oct 17: 234#  ♦  Current Weight 190#  ♦  Goal Weight: 155#  ♦  To Go: 35#

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Izzy Grace on January 14, 2018, 07:39:18 PM
On/Off topic but someone shared a meme to me that said i turned my gender off and on again and now I have to wait for all these updates to install and I thought of this post!  :laugh:

That's so Kewl Sweetie.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

David1987

It'll be interesting to see how The Doctor deals with travelling to the past and experience bigotry and people perceiving them as a woman. I hope Jodie knows how to play the part well, I have hopes. If all of a sudden The Doctor becomes overly feminine in their attitudes I'll be pissed off.
  •  

MaryT

I love the idea that the next incarnation of the Doctor is going to be as a woman.  I'll bet that she never wants to be male again.  TonyaW coined the term regenderation:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,212268.msg2137717.html#msg2137717  .

I watched the first episode in the 1960s, although some time after it was shown in the UK as I was in Aden (also saw the first TV shows ever shown in Aden).  The first Doctor is still my favourite, although I think that he would be spinning in his grave if he hadn't kept regenerating.

I wonder whether lost episodes of Dr Who are are in some forgotten storeroom in Yemen?  A job for Lara Croft or Indiana Jones' great granddaughter, perhaps?

Or, perhaps, the search for the missing episodes could feature in a televised Dr Who story?

•