Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Has anyone mastered the finger-assist method for peeing standing?

Started by popdewd, March 22, 2017, 07:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

popdewd

After some research, I have discovered that people born with vulvas can in fact pee standing: http://web.archive.org/web/20030604104917/http://restrooms.org/standing.html (language warning: this site is targeted to cis women
Has anyone mastered this method?    It would be great to be able to pee standing even when you forget/can't afford an stp
  •  

TransAm

I've been able to stand and urinate my entire life. In fact, when I was presenting female, it was a major issue: Every time I'd try to sit down and go, I'd have to fold my body almost in half or I'd piss all over the floor. I don't have to hold anything or use my fingers. It just flows straight out in a strong, straight stream.

The only caveat is that my pants have to be pulled about halfway down as I've never figured out how to get the last little bit of the flow out without getting it on them when they're up. This renders it impossible for me to use a urinal in a multi-occupant restroom. Instead, I either go into a stall or use the urinal whenever I can if it's a single-occupant restroom since it's actually more comfortable. And to be honest, the shake method works in a pinch, but I like to wipe when I'm done so there's no residual wetness down there at all so there's that too.

Some of it likely has to do with the way your anatomy is configured down there. My cisgender fiancée has tried a handful of times to do so (it really comes in handy when camping, etc.) and she absolutely can't. Her flow shoots out in every direction but straight no matter how she holds it/positions it/aims.
"I demolish my bridges behind me - then there is no choice but forward." - Fridtjof Nansen
  •  

Kylo

Yeah it can be done, only problem is doing it somewhere there's no toilet paper to get dry or someplace to wash hands.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

WolfNightV4X1

I just stand directly over the toilet closer to the front edge as possible (leaning forward if needed) and go,, I take the farthest stall so I attract less attention,  Havent had problems this way and I feel less out of place than sitting to pee. If I had to explain it Id probably just be insecure about using urinals and prefer the privacy of stalls

Still Im curious to look at that link you posted

•  

ainsley

I can't believe it, but I think I am going to give this a go.  There are too many times where I do not want to put my bottom on the seat of the public toilet because it is soiled, and my hover method just makes a mess of everything, including myself.  The ability to stand and have some direction and avoid getting it on me would be ideal.
Some people say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.

Wonder Twin Powers Activate!
Shape of A GIRL!
  •  

popdewd

Quote from: Stone Magnum on March 22, 2017, 01:00:31 PM
I've been able to stand and urinate my entire life. In fact, when I was presenting female, it was a major issue: Every time I'd try to sit down and go, I'd have to fold my body almost in half or I'd piss all over the floor. I don't have to hold anything or use my fingers. It just flows straight out in a strong, straight stream.

The only caveat is that my pants have to be pulled about halfway down as I've never figured out how to get the last little bit of the flow out without getting it on them when they're up. This renders it impossible for me to use a urinal in a multi-occupant restroom. Instead, I either go into a stall or use the urinal whenever I can if it's a single-occupant restroom since it's actually more comfortable. And to be honest, the shake method works in a pinch, but I like to wipe when I'm done so there's no residual wetness down there at all so there's that too.

Some of it likely has to do with the way your anatomy is configured down there. My cisgender fiancée has tried a handful of times to do so (it really comes in handy when camping, etc.) and she absolutely can't. Her flow shoots out in every direction but straight no matter how she holds it/positions it/aims.

Have you tried cutting the stream off before you're finished? 
  •  

popdewd

Quote from: Kylo on March 22, 2017, 01:50:21 PM
Yeah it can be done, only problem is doing it somewhere there's no toilet paper to get dry or someplace to wash hands.

Done correctly, isn't the method supposed to leave you dry, because your lips wouldn't be in the way of the stream? 
  •  

Kylo

Just like with a penis, there's always some left because of gravity.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

TransAm

Quote from: popdewd on March 23, 2017, 03:35:21 AM
Have you tried cutting the stream off before you're finished?

Definitely not. You want to fully empty your bladder every time you urinate or it could lead a host of health issues down the line.

And yeah, like Kylo said, there's always a little bit of residual dribble. The shake method is 'okay' but it's certainly not optimal and you'll still feel a little wet down there when finished.
"I demolish my bridges behind me - then there is no choice but forward." - Fridtjof Nansen
  •  

popdewd

Quote from: TransAm on March 23, 2017, 01:29:16 PM
Definitely not. You want to fully empty your bladder every time you urinate or it could lead a host of health issues down the line.

And yeah, like Kylo said, there's always a little bit of residual dribble. The shake method is 'okay' but it's certainly not optimal and you'll still feel a little wet down there when finished.
What is the shake method?
  •  

popdewd

Quote from: TransAm on March 22, 2017, 01:00:31 PM

If you'e not currently using your finegrs and doing so wouldn't make you feel uncomfortable, maybe you could try the technique I've been working on:
more info here: https://web.archive.org/web/20160405112726/http://home.earthlink.net/~instructions/sp.htm , although directed at ciswomen
Basically, it sounds like you have a very strong stream that pushes apart your lips for the majority of the time that you're peeing, but by the time that you run out of power, your lips close, which forces some of the pee downwards instead of forwards, since you're still having to wipe; if you hold open your lips and pull up , you should be able to pee forwards the entire time, even when the stream gets weak, and won't need to wipe because you didn't have any folds of skin intercept the stream, the same reason why cis men and post op ftm don't need to  wipe. 
Also, concerning urinals, have you tried pulling your pants halfway down   to the position you do now, but keeping your boxers on, and just adjusting the fly downwards to more accurately cover your urethra?   The flies on men's pants aren't really made for us transmen, but mens's underwear is generally pretty loose and flexible, and if you do it this way, you'll just look like you're sagging lol
  •  

BT04

I've been practicing here and there for a few years when I'm out in the mountains, and while I can't say that it's something I'll ever be able to "master", I'm completely comfortable doing it while squatting, or at least not standing totally upright. Gotta see about doing it standing up... or just get myself a sheewee.
- Seth

Ex-nonbinary trans man, married to a straight guy, still in love. Pre-T, pre-op.
  •  

popdewd

Quote from: BT04 on December 28, 2017, 12:50:51 PM
I've been practicing here and there for a few years when I'm out in the mountains, and while I can't say that it's something I'll ever be able to "master", I'm completely comfortable doing it while squatting, or at least not standing totally upright. Gotta see about doing it standing up... or just get myself a sheewee.
There's just something so validating about peeing standing though, like you've completed a rite of passage society denied you when you were younger
  •  

Contravene

I've always been able to and when I was a kid I used to practice in the shower (it's gross but I cleaned up after). I never bothered trying it in public or telling anyone about it for fear of people thinking I was weird. I never really mastered the technique either. I always have to pull my pants down a bit  anyway which made me dysphoric about it so I just gave up on trying. I guess I should have kept at it. Maybe I'll try it again.
  •  

popdewd

Quote from: Contravene on December 29, 2017, 01:01:22 AM
I've always been able to and when I was a kid I used to practice in the shower (it's gross but I cleaned up after). I never bothered trying it in public or telling anyone about it for fear of people thinking I was weird. I never really mastered the technique either. I always have to pull my pants down a bit  anyway which made me dysphoric about it so I just gave up on trying. I guess I should have kept at it. Maybe I'll try it again.

You should totally try again man!!  It's really euphoric to pee at the urinal like you were intended to.  It's really convenient, especially if you forget your packer (although i just can't afford one). 
Also there's nothing wrong with pulling your pants down a bit because people will think you're just sagging your pants.  If you pull the fly of your boxers down past your urethra, you won't have to pull them down too. 
  •  

Contravene

I'll definitely give it another try! This thread has inspired me  :laugh:
  •  

BT04

Quote from: popdewd on December 28, 2017, 01:06:22 PM
There's just something so validating about peeing standing though, like you've completed a rite of passage society denied you when you were younger

I dunno about validating, but I'll definitely give it a go again. I'm generally more about what's useful and convenient w/r/t peeing, and being able to do it standing up is definitely a life skill as far as I'm concerned.

And to your comment about urinals: ew! To me, they have about as much of a 'euphoria' factor as using a porta-potty. Not even my cis husband uses them lol.
- Seth

Ex-nonbinary trans man, married to a straight guy, still in love. Pre-T, pre-op.
  •  

popdewd

Quote from: BT04 on January 01, 2018, 06:11:45 PM
I dunno about validating, but I'll definitely give it a go again. I'm generally more about what's useful and convenient w/r/t peeing, and being able to do it standing up is definitely a life skill as far as I'm concerned.

And to your comment about urinals: ew! To me, they have about as much of a 'euphoria' factor as using a porta-potty. Not even my cis husband uses them lol.
More than just one go though; it takes quite a bit of practice for my younger male  cousin to learn how to pee standing; it's taking me more than a few tries too. 
Also urinals are less gross for toilets because they're only used for pee, you don't have to touch a dirty door, and they're much more difficult to miss and actually somewhat cleaner
  •