Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Appointment for hair removal

Started by LJH24, January 12, 2018, 09:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJH24

My daughter is coming home next week and asked if I would make an appointment for hair removal.  Any suggestions, helpful hints?  It sounds like she is leaning towards Laser, but hasn't made up her mind for sure.

Thanks
  •  

sarah1972

I just started the hair removal journey. Laser is always a good start. It is quick, covers a large area in a single session and is pretty permanent. The disadvantage of Laser is that it needs dark hair on light skin to work.

Everything Laser cannot do would be Electrolysis where individuals get removed one by one.

I do have a mix of black and white/grey hair. I am however somewhat lucky and the roots of a lot of the grey hair still have some color.

So I do a few sessions Laser first, and everything not done will be electrolysis.

I went to a higher end place. I know I pay a bit more money but she has a lot of experience, especially with trans patients.

Usually you can find Laser treatments on Groupon too.

I would recommend an initial consultation to get a sense what is possible and how long it will take. Then you can decide how to go from there.

•  

LJH24

Her facial hair is kind of a mix of dark and light brown - she hasn't start HRT though, so I don't know how that will affect things.  I'm currently trying to get some recommendations for her, so she can go to someone with experience.  Thanks for the groupon idea - I will look into that too!  :D
  •  

Allison S

I hear before male to female hormone replacement therapy that laser hair removal is a bit less painful.

It might be helpful to look up different laser machines like Alexendrite and Nd:YAG to see which is best for your daughter.

To be honest having gone through laser now 4 times over 4 months, I would recommend electrolysis. I think eloctrolysis is more permanent and even though it does take longer and cost more, it's the safer route. Doing electrolysis might save your daughter a lot of frustration, stress and disappointment.

Definitely ask around

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
  •  

DawnOday

I asked my doctor for a prescription and he prescribed 2.5% Lidocaine and 2.5% Prilocaine. While it helps to a degree it is still not painless. Actually drinking lots of water helps ease the pain as hydrated skin releases the hair much easier. In electrolysis there are two pain occurrences. One when the operator zaps the hair with an electric charge and the other when the hair is extracted with tweezers. It feels like a bug bite. Depending on the size of the bulb. The bigger the bulb the bigger the bug.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Dena

With electrolysis, the only time I felt the hair removal was when a hair didn't have enough time on it. I would feel the pull and then my operator would put a little more time on the hair and remove it. While the current was on, there was a hot needle feeling but that ended as soon as the power was turned off. The pulling sensation was rare and normally I only  felt it  a  few time during a session. I suspect part of the problem was the result of a hair root where it wasn't supposed to be. There was the other problem where occasionally I would get poked because again, the root wasn't where it was supposed to be. Most of the time I could just lay back and work on ignoring the normal treatment.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

inenidok

I just went Saturday for the first time and i took experience as top of the list rather the how close or whats the cost the lady i seen has 30 years experience and it was worth it.
Love love, be yourself live life for you. 12/21/17 is the start of a new me
  •