Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Post Orchiectomy for Those With previous DVT/ Aging- Please Help!

Started by Ejo, January 07, 2018, 10:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ejo

I will be having my orchiectomy on 1/16/2018. I was never able to take estrogen because I developed a DVT 30 days after starting a "very low" dosage of estrogen early in my transition.

My HRT doctor says that I may be able to take a very small dosage of estrogen after my orchiectomy, but he say's he's not sure and that he'll need to do more research.

My concern is that without testosterone or estrogen I will age prematurely and have no energy, which is a medical "fact", not to mention osteoporosis.

Any input that anyone could give me to put me more at ease would be so greatly appreciated!
"The secret of contentment is knowing how to enjoy what you have, and to be able to lose all desire for things beyond your reach."
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: Ejo on January 07, 2018, 10:36:56 PMhe say's he's not sure and that he'll need to do more research.

Huh?? Are you a guinea pig? Let's see if you survive it or not??

Orchiectomy is permanent, why would you even consider that if unsure about hormone replacement? There are definitely better options: after taking a low dose of bicalutamide for 6 to 7 years (am older, have since stopped) my T levels are permanently reduced, testis have receded and 'junk appendage' is so diminutive now can tuck giving a very feminine appearance with just normal undies not to mention other positive 'side effects' like complete loss of body hair. ( a treatment for Hirsutism in women )

And given low dose needed - most studies are for men with prostate cancer - it's not really expensive at all!! Dunno, people are different, but I'd suggest you try a different, very effective for me at least, approach first!!

( p.s. edit: did I mention have retained a full head of soft, fine head hair and if shaving everyday facial growth has slowed, 'stubble' not a problem!! (
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

kelly_aus

I wouldn't have scheduled surgery until I discovered if hormones were going to be a viable option, as you need some sex steroids in your system to function correctly.
  •  

Kendra

Hi Ejo, you mentioned you are under the care of an HRT Doctor.
Are they a general practitioner, or an endocrinologist?
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Gertrude

You could get a vena cava filter and take aspirin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Cindy

Dear Ejo,

You need advice and guidance from medical experts in this field.

There are no such people on the Forum who would give public advice.

No medically qualified person would advise you without having a complete medical history and appropriate examination and work up.

You should not undertake any medical procedure without fully understanding the consequences and the rationale and the follow up to the procedure.

This is not a trivial matter.

I am locking the topic.

Cindy

•