Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

First day of torture

Started by Toni, November 29, 2017, 06:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toni

LJH24, the "torture" was, of course, tongue in cheek.  While it certainly is not pleasant, it's not something we can avoid if we want to move toward female.  That's just the reality of it.  While I did my upper lip and under nose w/o pain killer, I really had an interest in gauging my own tolerance level, that's all.  I absolutely would use something, Tylenol, etc., as suggested or a topical pain reliever and plan to during my session next week which is now two hours.
     Which brings up another question.  I talked to the pharmacists at several places and they said they only have prescription items for what I wanted (like the EMLA Kathy mentioned).  One did suggest that something like Solarcaine spray (topical with Lidocaine for sunburns) might work and it's available OC.  Given what I have put up with already, I just need the edge taken off.  Any thoughts?  Thanks to all for your advice so far.  Toni
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: Laurie on December 01, 2017, 11:58:16 AM
  Hi Colleen,

Good luck with your first efforts at electrolysis tomorrow. I hope you have read and plan to follow the prep advice given here in many thread on electrolysis. Such as no caffeine, taking a non aspirin pain relieve about 1/2 hour ahead of the session, being well hydrated in advance of the session and if you can use a numbing cream and cover it with plastic wrap. I start the numbing cream an hour in advance of the session and start by rubbing the firtst application into the skin as you would moisturizer. I then add a thicker application and cover two areas I want Christina to work on separately. For my last 5 one hour sessions I prepped my mustache area covering left and right separately.

Of course if you  want to see if you can take the pain without prep have your tech do a little right below your nose right in the middle. That will tell you what the worst pain will be.
  As for the southern parts I hear it isn't as bad as the face.

Good luck
  Laurie

P.S. I like your new avatar also. ((Hugs))

DEATH BEFORE DECAF!

Thanks for the pointers, it sounds similar to my pre laser routine. I've also heard that about downstairs but I'll find out tomorrow!

(Right under my nose in the middle is the absolute worst for laser as well, ouch!)
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

JillianC

Colleen, I had downstairs done Wednesday.  Good luck.  I felt the pain level was on par with my chin area with some areas venturing into the upper lip range.  But it was totally manageable.  Something to be aware of they will touch the area a lot so prepared if you have any issues with being touched there.  Also, the touching made me feel like I had to pee.... not so fun.
  •  

cdhd2001

I had 7 laser sessions before starting electrolysis on my face. Make sure you get a numbing cream from your doctor and take some pain relief pills (ibuprofen etc) at least an hour before your session. In two days and 6 hours I have all but a spot under my chin and around my lips left. I cried uncle with an hour left in the appointment. She said I was one of her tougher more determined patients but I should stop trying to be a superhero. Then we both joked that maybe I am an "M" and she is an "S".

I have also had 6 sessions of laser from head to toe and start my grs electrolysis in January. For me nothing hurts worse than the lip and the cleanliness area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

•  

jeri1973

I've had four sessions of electrolysis and I love my electrolysist. So far we've been working on my cheeks and jawline. Pain hasn't been too bad yet. However, as she spends more time on jawline I can feel a little more pain.

My main thing is pushing through and finishing this task. Still ALONG way to go.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

lexxy

So glad I read this thread! I've been doing electrolysis at home myself (working very slowly and finding what works best and produces the least pain/marking). Satisfied with my work in the last several weeks I did about half my upper lip... wish I had though of the tylenol before then. Haha. Thanks for the tip!
  •