Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Old things youngins might like to know

Started by Laurie, January 11, 2018, 03:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roll

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 23, 2018, 01:23:22 PM
He said it was called "grunge". That's a fitting name for that mess. It's like people just had awful taste in clothes and hair until 2000.

That was only early 90s, grunge "died" pretty quickly. Though actually it has had a resurgence with the hipster Nirvana popularity surge... (It's rampant in the high schools here. Yet none of them can name more than three songs... Funny that.)

Later 90s blends in more with the 2000s (music too, a lot of modern bands could have easily been 90's alternative bands, and a whole lot of them actually are, and that's not even getting into the boybands and pop stars who are still quite active), though for more distinct style/fashion there was the sub cultures of skater punk and goth which then melded into the unholy hybrid known as emo.

Best way to track mainstream 90's through the 2000s though is to watch Friends.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Roll on January 23, 2018, 02:05:31 PM
That was only early 90s, grunge "died" pretty quickly. Though actually it has had a resurgence with the hipster Nirvana popularity surge... (It's rampant in the high schools here. Yet none of them can name more than three songs... Funny that.)

Later 90s blends in more with the 2000s (music too, a lot of modern bands could have easily been 90's alternative bands, and a whole lot of them actually are, and that's not even getting into the boybands and pop stars who are still quite active), though for more distinct style/fashion there was the sub cultures of skater punk and goth which then melded into the unholy hybrid known as emo.

Best way to track mainstream 90's through the 2000s though is to watch Friends.

I've seen pictures of emo boys. With the makeup they had on I would say they were non binary. I don't know what it was called except the " twilight look" but for a while in highschool the vampire look was really the thing. Thin really pale guys wearing yellow contact lenses with red stained lips. Some of the smaller and really thin guys pulled it off, though they still looked like idiots, but a couple of the larger guys tried it and they looked like total fools.  Lol. I've never understood the attraction to vampire boys. Small and too thin with pasty skin and red lipstick. Yuck!  And yes I know calling pasty white boys unattractive is a bit strange when I'm ghost white myself but I don't have a choice. Anyone who chooses to be really pale if they don't have to is nuts and anyone with normal eye color who chooses to make their eyes weird looking with contacts is just criminal in my opinion.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •