Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Going back to church and getting faith back.

Started by AquaWhatever, December 31, 2017, 05:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AquaWhatever

It's been so long since I been to church. I have this nagging feeling of being unwanted so I don't bother anymore.

My church has never really made comments about homosexuality or transgenderism unless it was in context,
But I just feel if I were to go and if my pastor seen what I look like today, he would be thrown off or he wouldn't know how to treat me or he might not talk to me at all.

I never gotten that vibe from him, but I know how Christians are.. some at least.
My mom's family is a prime example of that which is why I decided to cut them off a little or keep them at distance because they'd never understand.

At one point, early in me taking T I was happy, and felt for the first time God really loved me and cared.
I had hope. Now recently it's gone and I feel to get it back is going back to church.

I lost faith in God and I feel as if I'm becoming either a atheist, or someone who believes that God is just as wicked as mankind.
I don't want to be either of those things.

Anyone else feel this way sometimes?
  •  

Dani

Aqua,

Our personal faith in a more powerful life force which we call God is completely different from the way some Christians understand and treat people like us.

I was a faithful church goer for many years, but I hardly ever go to church today. There are many more liberal churches that do accept people like us. My problem is that I am basically a conservative at heart, keep from the past that which served us well and only change what needs to be changed. I needed to change my appearance and physical sex. I feel much better about myself. However, other conservatives just do not understand what I had to do. So, I must deal with that.

I trust that God has a much more wisdom about this subject and I am at peace with the Almighty. My faith has not changed.
  •  

Dianne H

Aqua,
We go to church to worship Jesus, not for people. If you have deep down convictions about attending church don't let a fear of what people might think spoil that.

You said you've never gotten that vibe (people not talking to you) but that's how some Christians are. Don't judge all by the actions of a few. That only brings you to the level of those who may do so to others.

We all take medicine at one time or another for an illness. So what's wrong with taking hormones if it helps?

I hope you don't lose your faith. There are Christians out there who care. Sometimes you just have to trust the Lord to lead you to them.

Dianne
Christian
US Army vet
  •