Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How to meet friends?

Started by heather3791, February 25, 2018, 01:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heather3791

Hi all. I'm in the Atlanta area. Does anyone have any advice on how to meet new friends who are also trans? I've never had any trans friends because I guess I just haven't known where to look. It would be nice to meet others who can offer me advice and suggestions about my possible and eventual transition. Basically just meet up for coffee or lunch from time to time. Thanks for any advice.
  •  

Miharu Barbie

Hi Heather,

Many years ago a man named Zig Ziglar famously said,

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

Dale Carnegie put the same sentiment this way,

"You can make more friends in 2 months by becoming interested in other people than you can in 2 years by trying to get other people interested in you."

My own secret to making friends is to look my own reflection straight in the eye every time I see a mirror, and tell myself, "Miharu, I love you!  I love you so much!"  Friendship comes from the inside out.  I find that when I exude friendship, friendship finds me.

Love!
Miharu
Free your mind and your arse will follow

HRT:                         June 1998
Full Time For Good:     November 1998
Never Looking Back:  Now!
  •  

heather3791

Thanks for the advice Mibaru. If anyone knows of any transgender meet up/ support groups in metro Atlanta i'd love to hear about them. Have a great week everyone!
  •