Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Speaking of Alcohol.....

Started by Rose Dawson, May 27, 2005, 11:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What type of adult beverage do you prefer?

I don't like alcohol
31 (24.2%)
Mixed drinks
29 (22.7%)
Wine
25 (19.5%)
Shots (a.k.a. shooters)
8 (6.3%)
I don't like alcohol
35 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Cassi

When my nephew was released from active duty in the Marines, he started going to school and all I would hear was how tough it was for him to go to school.  Finally, I had enough and told him that "when I went to School (No snow both ways)", I went to school full time, worked full time, and got drunk full time.  Which I actually did.  Had soooo much energy back then.

And while on active duty, I was drinking when I wasn't on duty.  I look at some of the pictures I have that I was being awarded something or other and I can see I was so totally hungover.

It became worse when I returned to the US because our fellow citizens were offering us welcome home gestures by spitting on us and it wasn't cool to be in the service. 

I hadn't been drinking at all for a few years and recently I bought that one Fosters and some Kona Beer which I've been slowly drinking one every other day with lots of salt.

Kind of messed up.  But it's how I handled my issues back then by covering them up.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

RoRo

I voted for Wine, but I could have also voted for shots and mixed drinks. I drink Wine at more enough with dinner and shots and mixed drinks are when I go out to a party.
  •  

big kim

First got drunk at 13, I was a beer monster til 35 then my tolerance declined sharply(60 now). Had spells on & off of not drinking then having a bender then stopping for weeks. My parents were alcoholics, it killed Dad with a massive stroke, I had to sign off DNR. Currently having a glass or 2  of wine with a meal if dining out, the odd beer or cider & a bourbon on the rocks. Not been drunk for months, never drove my car or rode my bike drunk & only once had a fight drunk.
  •  

Laurie

I didn't do the poll because my choice of an answer is not there. I like drinking. Beer is my drink of choice, however, it is also my nemesis. After drinking irresponsibly for far too many years I had to admit that I was an alcoholic and stop. That was over 19 years ago and I've not had a drink since. I am better for it.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Deborah

Quote from: big kim on May 08, 2018, 02:27:02 AM
First got drunk at 13,
My first time was age 14.  It was New Year's Eve at home and I finished off a big part of a bottle of vodka.  All night long I was either bent over the toilet puking or crawling on the floor back to my bed.  Walking was not an option.  I was still so sick the next day that I barely ate anything.  My parents never said anything but they must have known something was up.  Anyway, it was months before I could even smell alcohol again without feeling nauseous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •