Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Jessica's Rose Garden

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 17, 2018, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

Well there you go, very nice. Do you think blues your colour as your looking smart ( well it is work) . Feels good when it all comes together, XXXXXXXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I have always liked blue, grey and red. Over the last few years I finally started to like some greens. I have never been a big fan of yellow, orange, or pastels.

Day two was uneventful. I did have a long meeting with my managers manager, and he was really nice. I was not sure if he knew about my transition, so I told him. There are still a few things lingering in our systems that have my dead name, and I did not want to surprise him later or have him hear about it from another source. He said we all have to find our own path to happiness, and he was glad that I had found my path. He also mentioned to let him know if I needed his help to get the dead name issues cleaned up, but personally I would prefer not to get him directly involved unless my manager hits a dead end.

I did wear another dress today, and I have one more ready to go for Thursday. I will be driving to Madison, WI on Friday so I will stick with jeans that day. Here is dress #2...
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Today was a little more interesting. Around 10:15am I got an IM from my manager mentioning that our director (two levels above my manager) wanted to meet me, and we set an appointment for 11:00am. I told my manager that I felt like I was being called to the principal's office, but for a good reason. I had never met her before, but she was very nice. I told her my background, but saved the best for last. I did not know if she knew about my transition, but as with the group manager I decided to tell her. She was surprised, and she congratulated me. We wound up talking for about 45 minutes, and near the end of the meeting I mentioned that this was the first week I had ever worn a dress in public. Then she said, 'Oh, that was YOU in the blue dress on Tuesday!' Apparently the dress did help me make a statement. She also said that she liked my purse. After work my manager said, off the record, that when he saw me Tuesday his first thought was 'Wow!'.

I did wear another dress today. It was forecast to be in the mid-80's so I saved the lightest one for last. My wife and younger daughter actually thought this was the best of the three. I realize it was the same length as the one I wore yesterday, and maybe it was just because of the lighter weight fabric, but I felt naked wearing it. I also felt awesome! Here is a photo of dress #3...
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
  •  

sarah1972

Look at you, all business lady! I am very happy to hear that everything did go well for you. Amazing meeting with your Director too!

I do like dress #1 and dress #3 best. You can really rock any dress.

Safe travels home!

Sarah

•  

Jessica_Rose

I made it safely from Cleveland to Madison WI on Friday. The 8hr drive was a little over 9hrs due to heavy traffic. I was beat, but I did get to see my older daughter Emily. She came to the hotel to meet me, and after a big hug we went out to dinner. She told me what was going on in her life, and we talked for an hour or so before leaving the restaurant. So far so good.

This morning (Saturday) started off a bit ugly. I was waiting for breakfast in the hotel dining area and heard the cook talking to a co-worker:

Cook: 'Did you see the guy in a dress?'
Co-worker: 'Yeah, I saw him'

I was the only person in the dining area wearing a dress, so I expect they were referring to me. I held my tongue and ate my breakfast. After I was done I went to the front desk and mentioned that they needed to let the cooking staff know it was rude to talk about hotel guests. The clerk apologized and said she would talk to them. The only drawback is now I don't feel safe eating there because there is no telling what the cook may put in my food.

A little later my daughter picked me up and we went to the local farmer's market. Emily picked up some fresh produce, I bought her a necklace she liked, and I picked up some jams for my wife. We went to lunch, then shopping at the local mall. Eventually we wound up at 'Forever 21'. While Emily was trying on a top, I found a dress that I liked. I showed it to her when she came out and she said that I should try it on. So now it was my turn in the dressing room. It fit great! After I came out Emily helped me find the dress in a few different colors, and she helped me look for a few additional dresses. She even commented on which colors would work best with my skin tone. I would up getting four new dresses. Now that was something most dad's never get to experience, having their daughter help pick out dresses for their dad! Needless to say, I felt great about the situation, and Emily laughed about it.

Later we went back to her apartment and talked about my previous life. She told me that after college she felt she could not come home due to my anger issues, and she was glad that the job she found was far away. That nearly broke my heart, but I know she was talking about him, and I don't blame her for feeling like that. She also mentioned that on several occasions while she was still living at home she had debated calling the police due to what she believed was emotional abuse. Luckily for me she always talked herself out of it. At the time I did not realize how deeply my anger was affecting my daughters, I was blinded my my own emotions. As the song says:

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind

Now I can see and at least partially understand how much my anger affected one of my daughters. I try not to think about it much, it brings on waves of anguish. I told Emily that I was very sorry and deeply regretted the pain I had caused her. I thought I had been protecting my family by hiding my secret, but finally realizing that hiding my secret was actually hurting the people I loved the most had helped me accept that I was transgender.

Emily seems to understand, and she has now seen that I have become a different person. My frustration and anger are gone, they have been replaced by other emotions along with a dose of empathy. I think our relationship is now on a new path. I can never make up for what I did in the past, but I can make our future a much brighter one.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Anne Blake

Jessica, while a bit painful and eye opening at times, this sounds like a very fruitful trip. I have thoroughly enjoyed shopping with my sister and can't wait for my granddaughter to gain a few years to go shopping like that with her, it must have felt awesome to do it with your daughter! Enjoy these kind of moments, they are the ones to be remembered for years.

Tia Anne
  •  

KathyLauren

Jessica, thank you for sharing that story, especially the part about your talk with your daughter.  I think that, to put the past behind us, we have to face it.  It sounds like the two of you have done that together.  I am so happy for you that she accepts you.  How cool to have her help you buy dresses!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Emily and I started off the day by heading up to Devil's Lake, WI. We even took the Merrimac Ferry across the Wisconsin River along the way. We hiked all the way around the lake, about 5.5 miles, in under three hours. The mosquitoes kept us moving quickly at the start of the trail, and the temperature climbed from the low 80's into the low 90's during the hike. Emily hikes quite often, but I think I did a reasonable job keeping up with her. I even found some nice folks to take our photo. Another first, I work a skort for the hike - I loved it!

Once we got back in town and cleaned up we went shopping again. One of the stores we visited was 'Title IX', which carries women's athletic clothing. Emily found a few dresses to try on, and she helped me pick out a few also. I would up buying one dress for her and two for me, plus another skort.

After dinner we went back to her apartment and talked. I asked Emily what she thought of me, and she basically said that she was amazed at the changes -- it was like meeting a new person. She agrees that I am not the same person she used to know. I asked her if she could send an email to her mom telling her about the changes she has noticed in me. Since my wife has been at my side all the time it is possible she has not noticed how much I have actually changed. However, since Emily had never met Jessica before the changes would appear much more abrupt to her and would be easier to notice. I also told her it was OK to tell her whole story, not to worry about hurting my feelings. I know 'he' had many flaws, but I am no longer that person.

I know my legs could use a bit more sun, but even though I was sweaty, hot, and tired, I think my smile says it all.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Laurie

Hi Jessica,

I've read some of the posts I had missed and loved reading about the office trip and your visit with your daughter. You do realize that part made me a bit jealous and envious.

I do have one observation though in regards to the cook. Why did you look around to verify that you were the only one in the dining room wearing a dress? By doing so you gave up your plausible deniability and "knew" they had to be talking about you. Until then you could assume it was not you and it would not have been a bother to you. They could have been talking about anyone. By talking to the desk person, you acknowledged that you were bothered by what they said. You also caused yourself more bother by inducing fear of retaliation from them should they get that diversity talk you, (and I agree), thought they could benefit from. So ultimately you awarded them the power over you by being upset during, and  fearful after.

Otherwise I am glad you had such a good time with your visit with youre daughter.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica_Rose

There were only a few other people in the dining area at the time, so even without looking around I was reasonably sure they were referring to me. I am not sure if anyone else noticed the staff's conversation, and I didn't notice anyone paying any undue attention to me. I did not actively scan the room, I just continued eating my breakfast as though nothing had happened. Initially I was not going to say anything at all, but I felt not speaking up would let them 'win'. I would rather eat somewhere else than miss a possible educational opportunity. I just told the front desk that the cooking staff was rude to talk about other guests. I did not repeat the conversation to the front desk, nor did I mention that I believed the comments were directed at me. I plan to eat there again tomorrow, but I will wait at the counter and watch the cook prepare my meal, which should reduce the potential for any tampering. He may accidentally overcook it though, I just may be wearing something a bit distracting!

I have the power. It is mine, and no one is going to take it from me. I don't care if other's know I am transgender, I just want them to treat me with the same respect they would show any other person. I have the confidence to stand up for myself, and I would gladly tell my story to the staff if it would help.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Laurie

Well okay, Jessica.I can understand the educational opportunity also. There are always at least 2 ways to look at anything. We do as we see is right for us and the situation. It sounds like you like the way you handled it and I would have done differently. Neither is wrong. Glad you are doing well.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Jessica_Rose

In addition to complaining to the front desk I actually responded to an email survey from the hotel. I did not mention any specifics, or even that I was reasonably sure the offending comments were directed at me, but apparently my comments did make it a little further... I received this note from the assistant manager of the hotel today (I redacted a few identifying portions):

Dear Jessica xxxxxx,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. First off, I want you to know this is not the culture of our company, or of this hotel. I also want you to know, I take every and all complaints very seriously. I was made aware of the situation immediately after it happened.  I have made my point very clear with the employees involved, of what was or wasn't said, is not tolerated. 

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 999-999-9999.

Of course this could just be 'lip service', but I will give them the benefit of the doubt and call it a win. I did go back to the dining area for breakfast on Monday, but the cooking staff was different. I really wanted them to see what I was wearing. My daughter picked it out for me!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Laurie

I think I would call it a win also Jessica along with the dress you are wearing. Both of you look nice. Your daughter reminds me of her mother. Speaking of Susan Please tell here Hi for me and give her a hugs too.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Rachel_Christina

I thought this was gonna be about a rose garden lol.
As I'm considering creating a specific area for my roses at home. Lolol

•  

Jessica_Rose

I guess roses would be appropriate today, it is our 34th Wedding Anniversary! There were many times during the last year or so when I was certain we would not reach this day and still be together, but luckily I was wrong (according to my wife that happens a lot). For some reason my wife decided to give this a chance, and I am now reasonably sure there will be many more anniversaries in our future. As I mentioned in a previous post -- I told my wife that if our marriage can survive my transition, then there is nothing that will tear us apart. I am not sure where we would be without the support we received from the folks here at Susan's. Maybe it was a response to one of my posts, or maybe it was something I read in another thread. Either way, all of you have my deepest thanks.

Yesterday I had my legs and stomach lasered again. This time I tried to count the number of zaps. I know the number is not exact, but it was around 3000 laser pulses! You simply get tired of saying 'ouch' after a while.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!  Did you give each other roses? 🌹🌹🌹

Hugs and smiles, the other Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Jessica_Rose

Thanks Jessica! No roses, but we did get some daylilies for one of our flower beds. The biggest surprise I received was the card my wife gave me, it was the first card she has ever addressed to 'Jessica Rose'! Seemingly small things like that really mean a lot to me. My parents also called to wish us a Happy Anniversary, and for the first time both of them called me 'Jessica'.

I still can't believe what I have done. Sometimes I wonder if it is a dream and I will wake up soon. After decades of frustration and anger I feel as though I have my life back. There is still a long way to go on my journey, and I know there will be some rough trails and detours along the way, but at least now I believe that I have found the right path.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Laurie

Happy Anniversary (belated) to two wonderful people I have had the pleasure to meet and stay a night with. I enjoyed my time with you both and wish you many more happy anniversaries.

Love ya both,
Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Jessica_Rose

My trip to Cleveland was the first long solo road trip I had taken since going full time. I don't know exactly why, but it really increased my confidence. In fact I had enough confidence to wear a skirt to work for the first time today. I thought it may have been a bit short, but I got several favorable comments from some female co-workers. A few of them said it was a cute outfit, I don't think anyone has said that about my clothing since I was 5 or 6 years old!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Laurie

Looking good Jessica and sounds like you are doing well at work too with the other ladies. Feels good doesn't it?

Hugs,
  Laurie