Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Jessica's Rose Garden

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 17, 2018, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan_Rose and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ChrissyRyan

Jess,

I am very pleased with all the good news coming from your employer and your expanded compensation.  Keeping valuable employees makes sense for employers. 

It is ironic that we zap some of our hair but sometimes we want more of it!  It just has to be in the right place!

Have a great day and I can see your nice big smile.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

D'Amalie

Congrats!  It's so nice to be appreciated and not replaced by two 2 25 year olds.
One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Thanks Gina, Christine, and D"Amalie!

I probably don't have to worry about being replaced by two 25's, very few places teach mainframe stuff! I'm at a loss with networks and distributed processing, but give me an IBM mainframe and a green screen and I feel right at home.

I wasn't planning to post about my 'new hair' today, but I took a selfie last night and started laughing. With all the surgeries I've been through, I don't remember ever having this much green -- all the way down to my jaw! Despite how it looks, there is no discomfort. I told Susan all that green must be from my Romulan DNA. Hopefully it's better by the weekend, because we plan to visit my dad. He would probably view it as a waste of money, while I see it as an investment in myself. I'll be able to wash it properly on Thursday, so I may be able to style it to hide some of the discoloration. Makeup may also be an option.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

davina61

Good job I cant afford to do mine, I would look like a Klingon! That should fade soon, at least you say its painless.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Courtney G

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on February 13, 2024, 01:48:16 PMHe would probably view it as a waste of money, while I see it as an investment in myself.

1000%, Jessica. It's an amazing investment in yourself, worth every penny!! You deserve this.

Pre-crash post count: >487
Pre-crash reputation: +10/-0
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: Courtney G on February 14, 2024, 03:21:10 PM1000%, Jessica. It's an amazing investment in yourself, worth every penny!! You deserve this.

Thanks, Davina and Courtney!

I finally washed my hair thoroughly yesterday. I was trying to be exceptionally gentle, I was afraid I would wash away all of my new hair! It does look a lot better now. I'm hoping another good washing today will make me more presentable. I still have a lot of bruising, but I think some make-up will take care of it. I've been fighting a headache for nearly two days. I'm not sure if it's a headache, or if it's related to the hair restoration. I may take some of the Tramadol they prescribed, I haven't tried any of it yet.

Today is my sixth anniversary of going full-time. I usually craft a long note for special occasions, but I've simply had too many other things on my mind lately. I did send a note to a few of my co-workers, the ones who have been with me since the 'beginning', thanking them for their support. Thinking about what to say brought back so many emotions, I started to cry.

My dad had his PET scan yesterday, but he doesn't expect to know the results until next Monday or Tuesday. He told Susan and I to be prepared to leave there with some plants after our visit. On the surface that sounds innocuous, but it could have a deeper meaning.

Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on February 16, 2024, 06:57:38 AMThanks, Davina and Courtney!

I finally washed my hair thoroughly yesterday. I was trying to be exceptionally gentle, I was afraid I would wash away all of my new hair! It does look a lot better now. I'm hoping another good washing today will make me more presentable. I still have a lot of bruising, but I think some make-up will take care of it. I've been fighting a headache for nearly two days. I'm not sure if it's a headache, or if it's related to the hair restoration. I may take some of the Tramadol they prescribed, I haven't tried any of it yet.

Today is my sixth anniversary of going full-time. I usually craft a long note for special occasions, but I've simply had too many other things on my mind lately. I did send a note to a few of my co-workers, the ones who have been with me since the 'beginning', thanking them for their support. Thinking about what to say brought back so many emotions, I started to cry.

My dad had his PET scan yesterday, but he doesn't expect to know the results until next Monday or Tuesday. He told Susan and I to be prepared to leave there with some plants after our visit. On the surface that sounds innocuous, but it could have a deeper meaning.

Jess,

I am wishing your dad good results.

Congratulations on your six year anniversary.

I am sure that your face and hair will look more natural and you will enjoy beautiful, fuller looking hair over time.  Not that long from now too.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Thanks Chrissy!

Susan and I are visiting my dad this weekend. We brought some of Susan's birthday cake to share, along with a Jim Croce CD for my dad. So far the only 'repair' he requested was for me to set the clock in his Camry. It was a quick fix, someone had turned off the 'automatic set' feature.

We went into town for a little shopping. One of our stops was Ross. Susan went back to look at housewares, and I was checking out the clothes. While looking through the leggings, a lady came up and started taking with me...

Lady: I bet you have a hard time finding long pants.
Me: Yes, it's hard to find ankle-length leggings, and capri leggings barely get past my knees. Long sleeves are also hard to find.

Lady: How tall are you?
Me: I'm 6"1'

Lady: Wow. Did you play basketball?
Me: No, those were different times...

(apparently she noticed my wedding ring)
Lady: Did you have a hard time finding a tall man?
Me: (after a brief hesitation) That's a long story!

The lady laughed, then said 'well, you're gorgeous.' I thanked her (while smiling), and let her know that she made my day.

Exchanges like these still catch me off-guard, but I think I handled it well and didn't 'out' myself like I usually do. This is also an example of not seeing myself the way others see me. While I still see the ghost of the person I used to be, she saw a 'gorgeous' woman. I'm still waiting for the day when I see the person other people see.

Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Courtney G

Wow, that's really inspiring.

Pre-crash post count: >487
Pre-crash reputation: +10/-0
  •  

davina61

Yes when I get referred as "this lady" it still catches my brain out sometimes, the glow after makes up for it though.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Jessica_K

We are our worst critics, you are gorgeous and so easily pass. There are many tall ladies about but you rock girl...

Hugs
Jessica xxxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

**** No act of kindness goes unpunished ****

•  

Jessica_Rose

Thanks Courtney, Davina, and Jessica!

Being tall makes it difficult to blend in. Whether cis or trans, people who are taller than average tend to attract extra attention. Wearing clothing which tends to 'blend in' can help, but sometimes wearing bright colors can also cause a distraction, kind of like 'dazzle camouflage'.

On Saturday we took our dad to lunch at McAllister's, where we met my brother and his family. I was wearing my hoodie, and no one asked about it. On Sunday, I wore one of my normal jackets (no hood) and no makeup. A few bobby pins helped me hide most of my hairline. Although I could easily see the bruising while looking in a mirror, my dad never said anything. He may have just assumed it was a shadow. I took one of our cars in for service this morning, no hood and no makeup. No one seemed to notice anything. I still have a lot of bruising near my temples, but apparently not enough to draw attention.

I heard from Kris a few days ago, She said she was available for the next three weekends. The weather forecast looks good, so I'll be heading back to Colorado Springs on Thursday for another long electrolysis session.

Hair - Hair Restoration

Moonflower

:icon_wave:
1999 we met and married :icon_archery:
Fall 2018 The woman hiding behind my husband's facade is coming out full time! :icon_female:
She began MTF HRT but had adverse reactions, so gave up on transitioning medically.
Summer 2022 I went through gender confirmation surgery as a result of cancer.
2024 her cardiologist and a therapist wrote letters approving of resuming HRT, she's legally changing her name, and now she's getting on the calendar for surgery!

Welcome, to Significant Others
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247396.0.html

Our transitioning blog, "Opening The Cage"
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,241591.0.html
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Jessica_Rose
Dear Jessica:

Thank you for posting your update....

You look terrific in the photo that you just posted... Your smile is
the first thing anyone will notice about you... and a happy face and
big smile can disarm most anyone.

Your comment regarding 'dazzle camouflage' made me think about it... yes,
that is no secret to our military...  as an example, the Army discovered that
at certain times of the day and depending on clouds, sun, terrain....  that a distant
Tank or other military vehicles could be effectively camouflaged with bright or
diffused lighting.  The Air Force also experimented with the principle of
"diffused lighting camouflage" as the principle could also apply to aircraft.
In late World War 2,just before Radar became a more reliable way to detect
approaching aircraft it was actually used with American and British aircraft.

The Navy, for many years has used various forms of "dazzel camuflage" on it's ships.

WOW... you are back on the road again, this time for a longer trip to Colorado
to see your Electrologist.  Again, I am wishing you safe travels.

Thank you for sharing and posting your beautiful picture. :)

HUGS, Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Thanks Moonflower and Danielle!

I had a dental appointment today, just a cleaning. No one at the office seemed to notice the bruising, or at least no one mentioned it. I know it's just another example of being self-conscious about a 'flaw' that the vast majority of people would never notice.

We heard a little good news about my dad. The PET scan indicated the cancer is localized, apparently a saliva gland and a few lymph nodes are involved. Over the next week or so, my dad will be evaluated for surgery. Once the surgery is scheduled, we expect a 3 - 5 day hospital stay.

My trip to Colorado Springs will be a quick one, no side trips or dinners with friends. The only exception will be if Kris or Rayna wants to join me somewhere. The other friend I usually see is out of town, her brother recently passed away.

Love always -- Jess
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Mariah

Jessica, I hope all goes well in regards to any surgery to remove the cancer. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Moonflower

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on February 21, 2024, 03:15:46 PMWe heard a little good news about my dad. The PET scan indicated the cancer is localized, apparently a saliva gland and a few lymph nodes are involved. Over the next week or so, my dad will be evaluated for surgery. Once the surgery is scheduled, we expect a 3 - 5 day hospital stay.
😊🫂🎉🙏🏻
Such excellent news!
Fall 2018 The woman hiding behind my husband's facade is coming out full time! :icon_female:
She began MTF HRT but had adverse reactions, so gave up on transitioning medically.
2024 her cardiologist and a therapist wrote letters approving of resuming HRT, she's legally changing her name, and now she's getting on the calendar for surgery!

•  

Maid Marion

Hi Jessica,

Good luck with your father's surgery.

I wear a lot of bright pink clothing. 
I wear a pink wide brimmed Tilley bucket hat to keep the sun off my face.

Marion
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Thanks @Mariah , @Moonflower and @Maid Marion !

My dad was quite relieved with the news. Although he does not like the idea of surgery, it's better than the alternative.

I'll be getting on the road within the next hour or so. I plan to spend the night in Amarillo TX, and I should arrive in Colorado Springs early Friday afternoon. I'm not sure when I'll be leaving on Saturday, it depends on how much time I need with Kris. I'll spend Saturday night in Clayton NM, and I'll be home late Sunday afternoon.

Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Moonflower

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on February 22, 2024, 09:30:45 AMMy dad was quite relieved with the news. Although he does not like the idea of surgery, it's better than the alternative.

One of my kids is getting a biopsy soon. As I told her,
  • Like her doctors said, it's probably nothing
  • If they find anything, it's great that she took care of it so soon so it will likely be easy to treat
  • If they find something horrendous, she is surrounded by people who love her dearly and will carry her through it

Love to you, your father, and Susan

•