News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Scars and pigmentations after srs

Started by chinee, April 29, 2017, 04:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chinee

Hi Girls,

I've been post op for 3 years now and my vagina looks very close to cis vagina. However, I am one of those who had a lot of scars and pigmentations down there. My 2 horizontal line scars that supposed to be thin turned to be thick and looked really bad like stretched marks. I also had pigmentations somewhere at both sides and above the vagina. This is the thing that gives it away for men to think twice about my origin. Good thing is I can hid it with pubic hair for like 80% but then I really want to get rid of those completely.

Anyone here who has similar case like mine? Creams wont work for me (been there tried everything). I want a faster option too. What method you girls used to get rid of the scars?

Currently, I am trying Ndiag revlite laser down there. Just started 1st session a while ago but I have a feeling that this may not work. Can anyone help enlighten me if I am investing on the right approach?

I've heard about tattooing the scars too but my derma told me that tattoo ink may not completely sticked on the surface of the scars compared to the normal skin

This has been my major problem for years and I hope anyone here could help me advise what to do.
  •  

KayXo

Apparently CO2 Laser resurfacing may help or like you said, tattooing but it's the first time I heard the ink might not stick to scars...not good as that was my first plan of action. I also have scars on each side outside my vagina that are "whitish" or hypopigmented. They do have a different feel to them, feel so smooth, like baby skin. No hair grows there but pubic hair still manages to cover them. But yea, I share your feelings too, would like to have very little hair down there too, sexier. :)

I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

AutumnLeaves

There is no "fast" option to get rid of scars, and you cannot get rid of them at all.....merely improve their appearance sometimes. Your best best is probably some kind of fractional laser OR microneedling (which would be my choice) combined with medical tattooing and possibly even hair transplants. You will never have the appearance of non-scarred skin, but you should be able to lesson the size of the scars and possibly make them less visible.
  •  

KayXo

Hair transplants??? Why? If the hair that grows around it covers it fully.
I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

angiedream

The scars that I have on my vagina are keloids. I finally decided to try metpiform silicone dressing I received from a plastic surgeon after breast augmentation and they have worked wonders. If your scars are thick and keloid like, this may help you. After one application, the keloid is now flat and smooth to the surface. You wear the dressing until it falls off and for me it lasted 3 weeks until it fell off. I used Nair first in the area to have a smooth as possible surface for the dressing to adhere to. The mepiform dressing comes in a huge sheet and you cut it to size.

I'm super pleased about the performance of the mepiform. I was super dysphoric about the presence of the scars on my vagina.
  •  

angiedream

Just a side note. The mepiform will not help with discoloration.
  •  

chinee

I just talk to one of the best derma in our town and she recommended me doing fractional co2 laser and revlite monthly. I just had my first session today and it hurts more than my srs. My derma said it will take months and few sessions to see visible results so Im crossing my fingers
  •  

KayXo

Quote from: chinee on May 08, 2017, 05:04:35 PM
I just talk to one of the best derma in our town and she recommended me doing fractional co2 laser and revlite monthly. I just had my first session today and it hurts more than my srs. My derma said it will take months and few sessions to see visible results so Im crossing my fingers

Keep us posted, please!  ;D

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

HappyMoni

Wondered if there was any update  on this topic, Chinee.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

chinee

Quote from: HappyMoni on January 22, 2018, 09:02:12 PM
Wondered if there was any update  on this topic, Chinee.
Moni

Hello, I only did 3 sessions so far and noticed some of my keloidal discolored scars faded and blend to my natural skin color. However, I wasn't able to continue the treatment due to I have a busy schedule and dating someone. Every treatment, they shave my pubic hair all over and this really makes me uncomfortable
  •  

HappyMoni

Thank you for the update Chinee, glad it helped. Wasn't sure how expensive something like that was.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •