Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Memorable gifts you've gotten after coming out?

Started by PurpleWolf, December 23, 2017, 12:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

Oh this brings back memories and I am feeling nostalgic.

I designed a bracelet and had it made by a local gold smithery. I explained what I wanted and why, which after questions revealed part of my life story. They asked for a sizeable deposit as it was expensive material. When I returned they gave it to me as a gift and wished me a safe life for the future.

The bracelet was put on my wrist by him and has only come off when I have had PET, MRI's or surgery.

They were and are lovely people.
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: amrisa loftus on January 02, 2018, 03:19:01 AM
My boyfriend got me my first Teddy Bear for Christmas of 2016. It plushy, looks purple and smells like light purple too! AKA, smells like lavender. As I was growing up my parents tried the whole steer me away from anything feminine. So I never got anything like it. I love it very much. When I'm super stressed and can't get a hold of my boyfriend, I hug and hold on to it. I've fallen asleep with it quite a few times before we moved in together this past fall.
I have totally loved teddy bears since I was really little. I've been given lots of teddy bears over the years and I have over 120 of them. This Christmas my boyfriend gave me a Tambo Koala bear teddy bear he ordered from Australia.  Tambo is a popular line of teddy bears in Australia.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Bari Jo

I got a card from my mom.

Front: You're Always Loved
Inside: But today you get it in writing

Handwritten inside: Bari Jo, I love you.  I respect you and I'm very proud of you.  Love Mom.

I told her I cried the first time I saw my name in writing that somebody else wrote.  This is her first time writing me with my name, and yes im crying.  I'm keeping this card.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Kylo

I only get money from immediate family, and from my SO I generally just get whatever I might have suggested, which won't be gendered stuff probably.

His family who we haven't seen since forever still send me super girly stuff though. It's hilarious. I don't take it badly because they don't even know, so it's just like I appreciate their thought and effort. If they send me a bunch of girly bath soaps, hell, I'll use them... it's free soap. This year they sent me a bunch of black chenille socks with red hearts on and they're pretty toasty so I'm wearing 'em, lol
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Viktor on January 14, 2018, 04:22:47 AM
I only get money from immediate family, and from my SO I generally just get whatever I might have suggested, which won't be gendered stuff probably.

His family who we haven't seen since forever still send me super girly stuff though. It's hilarious. I don't take it badly because they don't even know, so it's just like I appreciate their thought and effort. If they send me a bunch of girly bath soaps, hell, I'll use them... it's free soap. This year they sent me a bunch of black chenille socks with red hearts on and they're pretty toasty so I'm wearing 'em, lol

My grandma has always given my brother and I underwear and socks. The typical grandma Christmas  gift. The first year after I transitioned I guess she wasn't sure so she gave me both boy tidy whiteys and girls panties in pastel colors. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

WolfNightV4X1

Cards and letters referring to my birth gender :^D

...I did get cologne and woodsy lotion from gf's family though that was nice

•  

rmaddy

Not to bang on the jewelry theme (although it is one of the keys to my heart), my mom gave me her "third best" string of pearls.  This is a woman who could never manage to actually say, verbally, that she loved me.  I'm counting it as a win.
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: rmaddy on January 15, 2018, 02:24:43 AM
Not to bang on the jewelry theme (although it is one of the keys to my heart), my mom gave me her "third best" string of pearls.  This is a woman who could never manage to actually say, verbally, that she loved me.  I'm counting it as a win.

That's a win!

•  

natalie.ashlyne

I have gotten make up and clothes and some jewelry
  •  

AlexisH590

Mine may seem fairly simple, but my wife bought me a bottle of Nair a few days after coming out. Just the fact that she was showing support for the first time was an amazing feeling, it made me cry.

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

•