Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

oats and milk ,2mins in the micro then some blueberries. Today I did sausage ,bacon and scrambled eggs with dry toast using the air fryer and micro.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

D'Amalie

A favorite is biscuits and gravy!  I make killer gravy.  Sometimes accompanied by fruit, scrambled eggs, etc.  But the best part is the sausage gravy over the toast of choice.  I use double cream (heavy), sausage of choice and gluten free flour, salt and pepper.  Oh, My, Gosh!

Oh, i follow with a biscuit with butter and orange marmalade.
One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Do Cinnamon Frosted Pop Tarts in a toaster count as cooking? For decades, that was my breakfast. I do a little better now, I usually warm up a large blueberry muffin in the microwave.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Donica

I've never been much of a fan of breakfast in the past, but lately, I love a good 2 egg omelette for breakfast. So, I took the plunge and decided to try powdered eggs (Augason Farms). They're not as good as fresh eggs, and don't cook quite the same, but they're not bad. The trick is to add a bit of powdered milk to the mix. Audason Farms powdered eggs are basically a 1-part powder to 1-part water ratio. 5 tablespoons of egg powder equals roughly 2 whole eggs.

I mix 5 tablespoons of egg powder with 5 tablespoons of water, then add one tablespoon of Carnation powdered milk. Mix it up good and let it rehydrate for a few minutes while I prep the frying pan. Add some real bacon pieces, a dash of onion powder and cheese, serve with Pace Picante sauce and, wella, bon appetit!

The nice thing about powdered eggs is, they keep for several years, use them for baking and you'll never know the difference, and they're fat free. YAY!!!

Hugs!
Donica
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

BlueJaye

Except for when I have to travel for work, I do most of the cooking around our house. That includes breakfast. The kids almost always want scrambled eggs and toast, and I have made it so many hundreds of times I could do it in my sleep. Occasionally I will do something different, like pancakes or French toast.
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: BlueJaye on January 08, 2024, 07:22:30 PMExcept for when I have to travel for work, I do most of the cooking around our house. That includes breakfast. The kids almost always want scrambled eggs and toast, and I have made it so many hundreds of times I could do it in my sleep. Occasionally I will do something different, like pancakes or French toast.

Once it warms up, could I visit you? I do get tired of muffins... ;D

Love always -- Jess
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Jenn104

On days I go into the office, I like overnight oats with a little fruit. Or yogurt.

Weekends are hot breakfast! eggs, hash browns. Once in a while corn meal pancakes n syrup (especially before some cycling)

~Jenn
"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

Jessica_K

My omelette is 3 eggs seasoned with salt and pepper according to the filling so as not to over salt. Cooked in olive oil. The main filling is extra mature cheese.

I do however modify the cooking if onion is also added. Then I cook the onion in butter first until soft, then pour on the egg. Either way I cook until the top is near to setting before adding lots of cheese. Wait until cheese has melted and top has cooked fold and serve.

This is my way of doing, without flipping. K hangs the pan under a grill to finish off the top.

Hugs
Jessica xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

**** No act of kindness goes unpunished ****

•  

ChrissyRyan

I can do ham and eggs but have not been successful with pancakes.

Oh yes, toast too!
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •