News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Have you ever ate snake or eel meat?

Started by ChrissyRyan, January 14, 2024, 10:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Have you ever ate snake meat or eels?

Sounds gross but I heard that many people enjoy eating snake or eels.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Susan

Eel's good in sushi! But best to eat while still warm from cooking
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

imallie

I've had eel (unagi) in sushi many times. It's really good.

Ironically, there's a Japanese sauce called Eel sauce - but it's not made from eel. It's just a sweetened, thickened version of soy sauce.

As for snake, yes, I've had that too, one time in Denver. I don't recall enjoying it very much. But at least I tried it!
  •  

Devlyn

Eels were easy to catch in the river behind my house, but my mother was the only one who liked eating them.

Quote from: imallie on January 15, 2024, 01:12:59 AMI've had eel (unagi) in sushi many times. It's really good.

Ironically, there's a Japanese sauce called Eel sauce - but it's not made from eel. It's just a sweetened, thickened version of soy sauce.

As for snake, yes, I've had that too, one time in Denver. I don't recall enjoying it very much. But at least I tried it!

Up around Boston the Chinese restaurants serve Lobster Sauce, which of course contains no lobster at all. It doesn't say it contains lobster so no harm, no foul. But there's never a shortage of disappointed/angry people in it's wake.  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Jenn104

Quote from: Devlyn on January 15, 2024, 04:30:52 AMEels were easy to catch in the river behind my house, but my mother was the only one who liked eating them.

Up around Boston the Chinese restaurants serve Lobster Sauce, which of course contains no lobster at all. It doesn't say it contains lobster so no harm, no foul. But there's never a shortage of disappointed/angry people in it's wake.  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn

Two lies for the price of one-- Lobster Sauce is neither lobster, nor sauce. Its kinda sorta disgusting if I remember, visually anyway.

Never had snake.. but might well take it ahead of lobster sauce.

Just Sayin'

~Jenn
"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: Jenn104 on January 15, 2024, 05:27:28 AMTwo lies for the price of one-- Lobster Sauce is neither lobster, nor sauce. Its kinda sorta disgusting if I remember, visually anyway.

Never had snake.. but might well take it ahead of lobster sauce.

Just Sayin'

~Jenn

Lobster sauce poured over the fried rice is absolutely the way to go!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Jenn104

Quote from: Devlyn on January 15, 2024, 05:44:52 AMLobster sauce poured over the fried rice is absolutely the way to go!

Hugs, Devlyn

If you are from Boston's North Shore.. skip the Kowloon Buffet, go get a Chop Suey Sandwich at Salem Willow's. Food for the soul with memories so thick you could float a bottle cap on 'em.

we now return you to the regularly schedule thread on snakes and eels.
"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

big kim

Always have eels when I go to London. The traditional eel, pie & mash shops are disappearing though. 2 of my favourites gone a while ago, Roy's of Dagenham & Nathans round the corner from the old West Ham FC ground. Love eels served the traditional east end way but never found them up here in Lancashire. By contrast I hate the slimy little jellied eels that turn up here!
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I have not tried either, or nor lobster sauce.

I have eaten lobster.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •