Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

How Often Do You Purchase Items on Amazon or Ebay?

Started by King Malachite, June 04, 2014, 03:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How Often Do You Purchase Items on Amazon or Ebay?

At least once a day
1 (3.8%)
At least once a week
7 (26.9%)
At least one time a month
5 (19.2%)
Every other month
1 (3.8%)
Rarely (4 or less times a year)
10 (38.5%)
Never
0 (0%)
I buy things online, but not from those place (please specify where if you would like to)
1 (3.8%)
Other
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

King Malachite

Just curious.  I'm getting a package in the mail Friday (not by either websites) and I'm excited for it, and it makes me think of when I brought packages online in the past.  It gives me such a happy feeling (provided nothing is wrong with the product), when I'm thinking that somewhere, someone is pulling my product and sending it off to be shipped, and then it travels so far and is delivered to my house.  Something tells me if I wasn't saving up for top surgery, then I would be buying packages more often.

So what about you all?
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

crowcrow223

I'm such a hoarder... it's ridiculous. and the wide variety of products on eBay, plus their price, make it impossible for me not to buy. Especially lots of cheap sh*t from China. *screams: how can you resist a 2pounds (4 dollars) dress with free shipping??!!*

I buy a lot. Mostly cheap stuff. Mainly from eBay.

Shoes, clothes, makeup, skincare, food supplements, you name it.

It makes me happy and excited.

It's kinda true though, if I wasn't saving for surgeries, I'd probably spend more, yeah.
  •  

ReaverMarcus

The last time I bought something online it was my new tablet (a Wacome Bamboo Splash pen tablet which I love a lot) and I was extremely excited. I ran down the drive as soon as the UPS man was there. I was out of breath and still bouncing when I finally had it in my hands. I hugged that box so tightly, I thought I was gonna end up breaking it.

Next thing I plan on ordering is a binder, but I'm waiting on a package from my ex in Fl. USPS tends to suck though.

My Hubby (Mel) and Me
Torturing his Archie Muse
Art by Him
  •  

SarahM777

For me it's about 3 times a month. I get a lot of my business supplies off of ebay.
Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard.

Be positive in the fact that there is always one person in a worse situation then you.

The Fourth Doctor
  •  

HoneyStrums

used to be a lot, id bulk buy at the end of a month, But I'm more relaxed with it now, Think it was a bit of an addiction before. Now its like meh.

I choose once a week, because with the amount of stuff I bought I recon if it was dispersed it would equal one to one.5 items a week.
  •  

Kylo

I tend to use it a lot, so I got a Prime subscription. Honestly they screw up the next day deliveries so often that if you wanted Prime for that, it's probably not worth it. But, I noticed a lot of free to stream movies on Prime, and I'm ok with delivery within 2 days... instead of it taking nearly a week or more with regular Amazon delivery.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Devlyn

Use them both a lot. Amazon deliveries here in Boston come stupid fast. They must have warehouses everywhere.
  •  

DawnOday

I use prime and I order about twice a month. Once for Sumatra Coffee (dang it's good especially with Coffeemate vanilla) and Once for everything else
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Kylo

In Japan they deliver the same day you make the order in the cities. It's amazing.

I heard they want to employ drones to drop parcels off for people in the future. Sounds nuts, but then so did mobile phones and iPads when I was a kid.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Thea

Quote from: HoneyStrums on June 04, 2014, 06:29:41 PM
used to be a lot, id bulk buy at the end of a month, But I'm more relaxed with it now, Think it was a bit of an addiction before. Now its like meh.

I choose once a week, because with the amount of stuff I bought I recon if it was dispersed it would equal one to one.5 items a week.

Addiction is a good word for it. If you had asked me two years ago, I would have answered "every other week."
I was going nuts shopping for all the pretty dresses, tops and stuff. Then I looked at how much I was spending! :icon_inyourface:

I've gotten a lot more confident shopping in local stores. I get better quality and a better fit that way. Besides, I enjoy the personal attention I get from the girls that work in those places. I don't exactly pass and they know I'm shopping for me but they are still happy to help me.

Now I only buy online once in a while. There is a lady on Etsy that makes "no-tuck" transgender panties that fit and work very well for me.
Veteran, U.S. Army

First awareness of my true nature 1971
Quit alcohol & pot 10/22/14
First acceptance of my true nature 10/2015
Started electrolysis 9/12/17
Begun Gender Therapy 7/06/18
Begun HRT 8/01/18
Quit tobacco 11/23/18

•  

Lady Sarah

When I had an eBay account, I used it primarily for selling. After 15 years, they just closed that account without notice. I ain't opening another one. As for Amazon, they've been good to me. Twice, packages got lost. They refunded me both times, and the second time, replaced my order for free. I don't do Prime. The cost would over ride any benefit.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

KarlMars

Probably at least 3 things a month. Mostly books, movies, clothing.

V M

I had to order a new coffee maker because mine died
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Geeker

Its been a couple years since I last used amazon and I never really used ebay. I chose other.
I'm not out, I'm not on E, unless things change I doubt I ever will be.
  •  

Sarah_P

I get something every month, sometimes several in a month. I've got Amazon Prime, and it's my only good option for getting a lot of things, since the only shopping we have in my town is Wal-Mart.
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•