Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Sarah's New World

Started by sarah1972, January 25, 2018, 12:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

It is another step in the right direction with the right attitude, You go girl!

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica

I just caught up with things and I'm very happy you are sorting through all this.  With all the changes we go through, especially with medications, we have to remember that the side effects can do a number also.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on April 30, 2018, 10:20:57 AM
1 out of 3 done....

Not sure if it was the fear of getting in trouble with Jayne & Laurie OR the curiosity of the creepy guy is sitting at the entrance of the women's locker again. Of course he did.

Speaking of - I never updated this thread on my "locker room fear": 5 visit, 5 x locker room. I am still very nervous and try to hide in a corner. At least showers are private and I did use the restroom in there. Oh - and one time my wife was with me. So, this is getting easier too.

This time I was smarter and decided to go to the gym before going to the dentist. At least I thought it is smarter. My kiddo could not decide which shoes to wear (wonder where she got that from), so we were late for daycare and I was late for the gym. Still did 45 minutes and then got stuck in traffic. So I ended up at the dentist in my gym cloths. Not the worst.

Oh and yes, the sweater says "BABES UNITE"  ;D

Given that I do not want draw attention and blend in, I realized, my gym outfits are a bit too flashy and a bit too tight. But then... I don't care. I am a proud trans women.

@sarah1972
I have been looking very forward to reading a new update from you... and you included a photo too!!!!

~Is the creepy guy always there when you are there?   If so, I really think that you should talk to the management....  in most gyms they deal with this swiftly because they want their female customers to feel comfortable and to keep coming back.

~That was neat that your wife was with you on one of your gym visits...  I am so glad and happy for you that she is showing support for you in that way.   Did you invite her or did she tell you that she wanted to go with you when you told her that you were going. ???

~I also have been to my dentist in my gym clothes, not a problem....  oh and were you also wearing the "Babes Unite" sweater at the dentist office?  Neat!  And another tip especially since you and your wife are getting along better now... be very careful if you meet the Dental Hygienist there (just my own experience talking!!! :) )

~YES ... definitely be a proud trans-woman....   tight and bright gym clothes are wonderful !!!!!

Thanks for your update....   
....  now I have my own update to write on my thread along with a new photo.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: sarah1972 on April 30, 2018, 10:20:57 AM
1 out of 3 done....

Not sure if it was the fear of getting in trouble with Jayne & Laurie OR the curiosity of the creepy guy is sitting at the entrance of the women's locker again. Of course he did.

Speaking of - I never updated this thread on my "locker room fear": 5 visit, 5 x locker room. I am still very nervous and try to hide in a corner. At least showers are private and I did use the restroom in there. Oh - and one time my wife was with me. So, this is getting easier too.

This time I was smarter and decided to go to the gym before going to the dentist. At least I thought it is smarter. My kiddo could not decide which shoes to wear (wonder where she got that from), so we were late for daycare and I was late for the gym. Still did 45 minutes and then got stuck in traffic. So I ended up at the dentist in my gym cloths. Not the worst.

Oh and yes, the sweater says "BABES UNITE"  ;D

Given that I do not want draw attention and blend in, I realized, my gym outfits are a bit too flashy and a bit too tight. But then... I don't care. I am a proud trans women.

Sorry Sarah. I did not intend for you to fear me, but if it got the job done, then I am happy for you. As for creepy guy, I agree with Danielle, let management know. You have the right to go to the gym without being creeped out by other members. Do you think he is following you specifically or is he just a creep hanging outside the women's locker room?

Great job with not letting your locker room nervousness control you. Keep doing what you are doing and eventually you will feel more at ease. Fake it till you make it, as they say, it seems to work.

It is such an awesome feeling to be proud of who you are without any concern about what others may think. I am currently sitting on a crowded train, dressed as Jayne with my nice new well fitting bra........and a 4 day beard growth, in the way to get electrocuted. And I don't care what others may think of me. I am also a proud trans woman.

Jayne
  •  

sarah1972

Grr... an important site announcement just killed my update post :-( I have to start over but I'll have to abbreviate, it is a bit late.

It ended up being a pretty good day. I am far from over the Friday meltdown, but I have been feeling a lot better today - thanks to the help of every single one who took time to respond to my little meltdown.
Biggest highlight today was the "10:00 AM Update" by @Alaskan Danielle - I am so happy for her that the suspense ended and it turned out to be one of our favorites. No matter where this journey takes them or if there will even be a journey, I was excited and shed  a few tears.

Regarding the "creepy gym guy" - I think it is just the gym layout being a bit stupid. The entrance to the ladies (and the men's) locker room is lined with dead weight machines, and each machine only exists once in the studio. If he is focusing on two machines next to the entrance, there is no other place for him to go. And I might be considered a creep too - one of the regular machine I use for core strength is where? You guessed right, smack next to the entrance to the mens locker room.

@Jayne01 - I have to apologize for the "fear" comment, not you. I was an a really goofy mute when I wrote my post. But i do appreciate the encouragement, so please keep it coming. I usually lose interest on things after about 2 month, so if you are up for it, keep poking!!

So happy for you being out and about - a well fitting bra makes things so much easier. I did read a trick here about electrolysis: ask which area will be next and if you could "shave around it". Not sure it makes a big difference, I will not start until July. Glad you feel safe enough to take public transport these days! Every one of these occurrences is a bit step and you should celebrate all of them (at least I did).

@Alaskan Danielle: Thanks for writing here first, you should have updated your thread first1 It does show what kind of warm hearted and caring person you are. No matter who manages to conquer your heart, this person will be very lucky!

My wife actually asked me to join, I was not planning to go that day, but she wanted me to be there for her first gym visit so I can walk her through everything. We are both new to the gym scene. I was a bit worried about how she feels going to the locker room together. We do appear as friend in public, so no one would suspect anything and it turned out fine.

And yes, the "Babes Unite" Sweater had to go to the dentist and to Town hHall to pay my water bill. Funny you mentioned the Dental Hygienist, I had similar thoughts and had to think about you at your breakfast. The Doctor actually got a bit annoyed because every chance I had, I did check for updates on your thread. And no worries, absolutely no danger from my Dental Hygienist. I totally dig her makeup skills but that is about it. It looks so perfect, every time. The front desk lady was a bit confused, especially after I apologized for losing track of time. But she looks confused no matter what, so nothing really new either.

So much for tonight, sleep well all of you and have a great day!!
Hugs - Sarah

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: sarah1972 on April 30, 2018, 11:42:13 PM
Grr... an important site announcement just killed my update post :-( I have to start over but I'll have to abbreviate, it is a bit late.

It ended up being a pretty good day. I am far from over the Friday meltdown, but I have been feeling a lot better today - thanks to the help of every single one who took time to respond to my little meltdown.
Biggest highlight today was the "10:00 AM Update" by @Alaskan Danielle - I am so happy for her that the suspense ended and it turned out to be one of our favorites. No matter where this journey takes them or if there will even be a journey, I was excited and shed  a few tears.

Regarding the "creepy gym guy" - I think it is just the gym layout being a bit stupid. The entrance to the ladies (and the men's) locker room is lined with dead weight machines, and each machine only exists once in the studio. If he is focusing on two machines next to the entrance, there is no other place for him to go. And I might be considered a creep too - one of the regular machine I use for core strength is where? You guessed right, smack next to the entrance to the mens locker room.
Sarah, I am glad you are feeling better. As you know, these feelings do pass, but when you are in the middle of feeling them it just plain sucks. You know we are always here and happy to assist in whatever way we can.

I too, was delighted to read Danielle's update today. I will leave it at that and saw other comments for her own thread. I don't want her to feel like she being stalked by a bunch of popcorn and ice cream eating crazy ladies sitting in the peanut gallery. [emoji41]

@Jayne01 - I have to apologize for the "fear" comment, not you. I was an a really goofy mute when I wrote my post. But i do appreciate the encouragement, so please keep it coming. I usually lose interest on things after about 2 month, so if you are up for it, keep poking!!
POKE!!!

No need to apologise, Sarah. My reply was a little goofy in itself. As you get to know me, you will realise that I tend to be a bit of a goofball at times. I'm pretty sure I understood what you meant about fearing me.

Here is another POKE!!! just in case. [emoji16]

So happy for you being out and about - a well fitting bra makes things so much easier. I did read a trick here about electrolysis: ask which area will be next and if you could "shave around it". Not sure it makes a big difference, I will not start until July. Glad you feel safe enough to take public transport these days! Every one of these occurrences is a bit step and you should celebrate all of them (at least I did).
I love my new bra. It is so comfy! My electrolysis has not been focussing on one area at a time. She has been doing my entire face and neck each session, thinning out the fuzz, so it continued to look as natural as possible. It's only the last few sessions where she is running out of areas to work on within the time of each session. I have asked her to no longer worry about trying to make it look natural and just do as much as she possibly can each time. I will write more about this in my thread so as not to Gina I your thread.

I have never felt unsafe on public transport. The limiting factor has always been my own self confidence. People are pretty good around here. No one seems to bother anyone else. They are too caught up in their own lives. The biggest threat is possibly groups of teenagers just being teenagers, but I haven't had any issues so far.

POKE!!! (Just in case!)

Jayne
  •  

sarah1972

May 2 - Early morning

Busy girl today - traveling to Connecticut and back for a customer meeting, Train left at 4:50 AM, so I was out of bed at 2:20 - 10 minutes before my alarm (Thank you Spiro!!!). I'll be back home around midnight tonight.

My sleep tracker gave me a lousy sleep score of 20 after 3 hours of sleep. Things just did not work as planned yesterday.

Anyways, I am out and about. I should have really shaved my legs though #GirlProblems...

So... no Gym today. Have some catching up to do during the rest of the week to meet my goals.

•  

Jayne01

As far as excuses go for not going to the gym, that is not bad. Work just gets in the way of a good time. Just don't let it become a habit. I am ready to give you a gentle poke in the direction of the gym if necessary.

Jayne
  •  

sarah1972

Ha! Great... Thanks for the poke... I did look at the gym website to see this week's Zumba schedule. Does this count?  ;D

I'll keep you posted.

Quote from: Jayne01 on May 02, 2018, 07:44:45 AM
As far as excuses go for not going to the gym, that is not bad. Work just gets in the way of a good time. Just don't let it become a habit. I am ready to give you a gentle poke in the direction of the gym if necessary.

Jayne

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on May 02, 2018, 04:34:03 AM
May 2 - Early morning

Busy girl today - traveling to Connecticut and back for a customer meeting, Train left at 4:50 AM, so I was out of bed at 2:20 - 10 minutes before my alarm (Thank you Spiro!!!). I'll be back home around midnight tonight.

My sleep tracker gave me a lousy sleep score of 20 after 3 hours of sleep. Things just did not work as planned yesterday.

Anyways, I am out and about. I should have really shaved my legs though #GirlProblems...

So... no Gym today. Have some catching up to do during the rest of the week to meet my goals.

Sarah:  Back in my old male mode job I hated those 1 day meetings with travel to and from taking up to a half a day or most of the time much more....   just like you are doing today....  waking up very early to commute to the airport to catch the earliest plane or train and then getting back home very late..... it makes for a very long day indeed.   I've been there and done that.  I was getting quite tired of missing "life"...   >:(
Now that I am self-employed I am still working long days but I have very little, if any, business travel.   The only thing that I miss about my days of waiting at airports, train stations, hotel lobbies, rental car counters, etc.... is doing my favorite thing, people watching....  I don't even have a shopping mall in my small town to do that now.   :'(

After my less than good day yesterday, I got home from work quite late and was so wound up I couldn't get to sleep, I rolled around in bed till about midnight or so and finally drifted off until about 4AM this morning,  then after going to the bathroom (thanks Spiro, LOL) I came back to bed and rolled around for an hour until about 5AM I gave up and just woke up and got my shower.   
So, regarding your Sleep Tracker I suppose that my score would be similar to yours.   So, tell me, how does the scoring work?....  how bad is a score or 20?   What is the best score?  100?   How are the scores calculated ???

Hmm, did you wear a pant suit or a skirt?....  From looking at the little picture that you posted it appears that you might be wearing a dress while sitting in the train....    Hmm, gotta shave those legs, girl !!!!

My free and unsolicited advice to you......  do not get out of the habit of going to the gym... or other exercise activity, in my experience it is very difficult to get back in the groove after taking too much time off from those activities.  Regularly adhered schedules keep me on track, of course there are exceptions but exceptions should not be confused with excuses!! LOL  :D

I trust that you will get a more restful sleep tonight and catch up with your beauty sleep.  Before you go to work tomorrow morning be sure to shave those legs of yours!!!!

Thank you for your update today... I am always looking forward to reading about your day.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

sarah1972

May 2 - On my way home...

Two updates in a day!!! And this time almost a photo story...

Meetings did go well!

I am on my train home, having to decide between Atlantic Cod and Beef Tenderloin. Once again, Amtrak had a big meltdown in the North East Corridor and some trains are running 5 hours late. Talked to a lady about our train delay and she grabbed me and suggested to try re-booking which really worked out and I am only about 12 minutes behind schedule instead of hours.

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on May 02, 2018, 02:52:39 PM
Sarah:  Back in my old male mode job I hated those 1 day meetings with travel to and from taking up to a half a day or most of the time much more....   just like you are doing today....  waking up very early to commute to the airport to catch the earliest plane or train and then getting back home very late..... it makes for a very long day indeed.   I've been there and done that.  I was getting quite tired of missing "life"...   >:(
Now that I am self-employed I am still working long days but I have very little, if any, business travel.   The only thing that I miss about my days of waiting at airports, train stations, hotel lobbies, rental car counters, etc.... is doing my favorite thing, people watching....  I don't even have a shopping mall in my small town to do that now.   :'(

I don't mind a moderate amount of travel, but I agree, these one or two-day trips are really paying a big toll one life. Sometimes there is just no other chance due to other commitments. Unfortunately, at the moment I am traveling at least two weeks each month (on average 50%) but there may be some changes coming which would reduce the travel. Unfortunately, in my profession, it is hard to get a job with any less travel. I am still trying to track down if we have any projects in Alaska ;)

I agree with people watching is so much fun! Right now my favorite place is actually the gym.

After my less than good day yesterday, I got home from work quite late and was so wound up I couldn't get to sleep, I rolled around in bed till about midnight or so and finally drifted off until about 4AM this morning,  then after going to the bathroom (thanks Spiro, LOL) I came back to bed and rolled around for an hour until about 5AM I gave up and just woke up and got my shower.
Again, I am so sorry what happened and how much it affected you. I noticed you posting at some really odd times and was already worried! I hope you will have a much better night tonight.

So, regarding your Sleep Tracker I suppose that my score would be similar to yours.   So, tell me, how does the scoring work?....  how bad is a score or 20?   What is the best score?  100?   How are the scores calculated ???
My Sleep Tracker is part of the Nokia Health system. It is an App and several devices can provide data into it. At the moment, I have a scale and a matt I put under my mattress to track my sleep. Activity and heart rate are being collected via my smartwatch. I really want to improve my health and get a fit. I also have two dresses I want to fit in  ;D ;D They are really cute (hot) but they require me losing some serious belly fat.

Sleep tracking collects a bunch of metrics outside of the duration: Type and Depth of sleep, heart rate, snoring (yeah...), the Sprio breaks (Interruptions) and how regular I sleep.

Today, the tracker notified me of a "great nap" while I was sitting at my customer. Turns out... My cat had a nice nap on my pillow!!

Hmm, did you wear a pantsuit or a skirt?....  From looking at the little picture that you posted it appears that you might be wearing a dress while sitting in the train....    Hmm, gotta shave those legs, girl !!!!
Ha... You have agreat eye! Dress it was.

My free and unsolicited advice to you......  do not get out of the habit of going to the gym... or other exercise activity, in my experience it is very difficult to get back in the groove after taking too much time off from those activities.  Regularly adhered schedules keep me on track, of course, there are exceptions but exceptions should not be confused with excuses!! LOL  :D

I trust that you will get a more restful sleep tonight and catch up with your beauty sleep.  Before you go to work tomorrow morning be sure to shave those legs of yours!!!!

Thank you for your update today... I am always looking forward to reading about your day.
Hugs,
Danielle

No worries about me skipping I really want to be fit as I have some big plans for the next one or two years. It seems like we finally get warm weather, so I can add swimming to my routine. I usually swim before sleeping and I hope that helps with my sleep too (it did over the last few years). I may reduce the gym to twice weekly and do 3 - 4 nights of swimming. The gym is about 20 minutes drive each way, so I can save that time too.

But knowing me... Ask me again in 3 month. That is when I usually start losing interest...

•  

Northern Star Girl

Sarah: wow, another update today....  I am always eager to follow your journeys.

snipped: 
Quote from: sarah1972 on May 02, 2018, 06:22:01 PM
May 2 - On my way home...
Two updates in a day!!! And this time almost a photo story...
I also posted 2 updates today... including a photo ...  are you certain that we aren't related in any way?  Perhaps sisters separated at birth.   Let's see, I am 38 years old, so you would be a younger sister or an older sister... or maybe we are twins?
Meetings did go well!
I am on my train home, having to decide between Atlantic Cod and Beef Tenderloin. Once again, Amtrak had a big meltdown in the North East Corridor and some trains are running 5 hours late. Talked to a lady about our train delay and she grabbed me and suggested to try re-booking which really worked out and I am only about 12 minutes behind schedule instead of hours.
I am glad that your meetings went well for you. .... Hmm, I would go for the Beef Tenderloin, medium rare please.
I can't tell you how many wasted hours I spent in airports and train stations when I was traveling on business... I did have a club card for United and Delta which were very handy when stuck for hours... makes waiting much more bearable.   ...  Even the people watching gets old after a while.

Ha... You have agreat eye! Dress it was.

You look absolutely wonderful in your outfit, your hair, and you are wearing a fairly short dress too!!  Brave girl, especially since you didn't shave your legs this morning!!! :o

I enjoyed your update and photo story immensely and I am glad that you were able to find a way to get home nearly on time instead of way later, hours later in the early morning.
Write more when you can......
Hugs and more hugs,
Danielle

•  

Laurie

All I have to say is pretty good looking for a gal who has been up as long as you have.

Get home and go to sleep.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

sarah1972

I may need to keep my updates a bit shorter. While being on Susan's is so much fun, I have to cut back a bit to take care of so many other things in my life.

So, in a nutshell: I came back home after 20 hours on the tracks and with a long meeting in between.
Thursday was a bit of a bust, started with car trouble and after reading out the error code, I decided to drop it at the dealer. Got a loaner car for the next few days. Loaner car has a broken AC, no fun in 90+ temperature. All this followed by a lot of work conference calls and a pretty rough therapy session which kept me awake for quite a while.

The broken car had one advantage: Today started with a stroller power walk to daycare and back, followed by a Zumba class. Was a bit tough today with my mind wandering all over the place I had a hard time keeping up. Hope a few more sessions and I do get the hang.

Will be getting ready for swimming season over my lunch break, more conference calls in the afternoon and then see what the rest of the day has up their sleeve for me. Hopefully picking up my car again and I saw some cute sandals at DSW...

Hugs everyone

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on May 04, 2018, 11:35:09 AM
I may need to keep my updates a bit shorter. While being on Susan's is so much fun, I have to cut back a bit to take care of so many other things in my life.

So, in a nutshell: I came back home after 20 hours on the tracks and with a long meeting in between.
Thursday was a bit of a bust, started with car trouble and after reading out the error code, I decided to drop it at the dealer. Got a loaner car for the next few days. Loaner car has a broken AC, no fun in 90+ temperature. All this followed by a lot of work conference calls and a pretty rough therapy session which kept me awake for quite a while.

The broken car had one advantage: Today started with a stroller power walk to daycare and back, followed by a Zumba class. Was a bit tough today with my mind wandering all over the place I had a hard time keeping up. Hope a few more sessions and I do get the hang.

Will be getting ready for swimming season over my lunch break, more conference calls in the afternoon and then see what the rest of the day has up their sleeve for me. Hopefully picking up my car again and I saw some cute sandals at DSW...

Hugs everyone

Sarah:  I agree with you about being on Susan's is so much fun... I have to be careful to not spend most of my free time on the Forums and instead concentrate on my office work and also at home, my housework and other issues.  Well, pending time on Susan's Forums, it is not only very enjoyable but also it can get addicting.  I have to be very careful to be certain that I get my office work done... so many distractions with the Forums and with all of the drama at my coffee shop and at my gym..... and my various Suitors.

Broken A/C on your loaner car in 90+ degree temps.... not fun, not fun at all.  I would be sweating more that I did at the gym as shown in my selfie taken on Wednesday... I posted it on my thread today.   
Just roll all the windows down and drive fast.   In my car I am still running the heater and defroster full blast.
A/C Swimming?  Sandals? .... what are those thing that you speak of.

Hmm, your therapy session... how did that go for you?  Are your sessions monthly??

Yes, the stroller walk is great exercise... on many of the walking trails you will see mothers jogging with those special strollers that are made for that purpose.   
Ahhh, the Zumba class, are you still in the beginners class or have you moved over to the more experienced class yet?... and are you twerking with the other ladies now?  :o   
I have never cared for Zumba but it is quite a good workout.

Picture of your new sandals next time you post ???

Thanks for filling all of us in on your day.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: sarah1972 on May 04, 2018, 11:35:09 AM

Hugs everyone
Heya Sarah!
I suppose you are allowed to keep your updates shorter so that you can get on with your life. Just as long as you keep the updates coming. We are very interested to know how you are going.

I don't like the sound of driving a car with broken AC in hot weather! No fun at all. Glad to see you made it to the gym. Hopefully a few more sessions will have your mind focusing on the twerking instead of other stuff. It's good to give your mind a break every now and then so that you don't burn out.

Enjoy the rest of your day. Hope you get your car back and working AC.

Take care,
Jayne
  •  

sarah1972

So... the car drama is still very much an active drama.
As usual, the "check engine light" is really not very helpful. Before I dropped off the car, I decided to read the error out of the PCM and told the guy in the dealership, that it was a "P2440 - Secondary Air injection valve stuck on Bank" error which can have an influence on acceleration and a few other things. The guy just looked at me: What does that girl know. Women just have no idea of cars.
Well, today I got the call... they have to order a "replacement part". Of course, I asked which part... and almost told him: women are always right. So now I have to wait two weeks for the part to show up. At least I got my car back, but I had to drive in 93 F heat 40 minutes to the dealership. Not sure what caused more sweat, the gym or driving in that broken loaner car they gave me. What is really concerning is, that this car is not even 9 months old and has less than 10,000 miles on it...

Anyways.

The day turned out mostly OK, got a bunch of things done but still not all I wanted. Managed to curb my time on Susans.

Apparently, there was a memo about sweaty gym pictures. Nowhere in the world can I compete, but here it is...

Got to cut this short, kiddo has a fever we need to battle.

Hugs - Sarah

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on May 04, 2018, 08:48:33 PM
So... the car drama is still very much an active drama.
As usual, the "check engine light" is really not very helpful. Before I dropped off the car, I decided to read the error out of the PCM and told the guy in the dealership, that it was a "P2440 - Secondary Air injection valve stuck on Bank" error which can have an influence on acceleration and a few other things. The guy just looked at me: What does that girl know. Women just have no idea of cars.
Well, today I got the call... they have to order a "replacement part". Of course, I asked which part... and almost told him: women are always right. So now I have to wait two weeks for the part to show up. At least I got my car back, but I had to drive in 93 F heat 40 minutes to the dealership. Not sure what caused more sweat, the gym or driving in that broken loaner car they gave me. What is really concerning is, that this car is not even 9 months old and has less than 10,000 miles on it...

Anyways.

The day turned out mostly OK, got a bunch of things done but still not all I wanted. Managed to curb my time on Susans.

Apparently, there was a memo about sweaty gym pictures. Nowhere in the world can I compete, but here it is...

Got to cut this short, kiddo has a fever we need to battle.

Hugs - Sarah

Sarah:
  I hate the "check engine light" .... it could indicate any of hundreds of problems, most not very serious, some are however ... and some are very expensive to repair.

When it lights up in my vehicle, I pull over, get out and open the hood, and look inside...
...YEP, I checked, the engine is there!!! :D

Why couldn't they have given you a different loaner car with A/C that works ???  Now, at least you have your car back with A/C that works, and a nice glowing "check engine light"   Some shade tree mechanics just remove the lamp!!!

Regarding your sweaty gym picture.... I like your bright orange tank top.  Thank you for posting your picture.  I think that you look tired... and hot!...   

hmmm, I am bad, perhaps I started something with my sweaty gym picture, and now yours...  and perhaps we will see more members post their sweaty gym pictures.

In the gym, diid you see the creepy guy on the machine next to the women's locker room door today??

I know that everyone wants to look beautiful and pretty in the pictures they post but what's wrong with posting pictures showing what it looks like to work out, exercise and to be improving our body and our health?

I trust that your kiddo will be OK.... 
...hmmm, a fever in 94 degree weather, not good, please keep us updated.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Jayne01

Sarah,
Bummer about your car needing a "replacement part". Hopefully that will fix the problem. I don't know what it is about mechanics that makes them treat their customers as simpletons. It's probably not isolated to female customers either. I have had plenty of mechanics trying to talk to me (while in full male mode) like I don't have a clue about cars. I usually let them talk for a while then I correct all the errors they made and demonstrate that I actually know more about my car than they do. That usually shuts them up. Sometimes I am a little evil and set them up to fail by deliberately acting like I don't know what I am talking about. It's a test to see if they are trying to rip me off. Most fail the test.

At least you got rid of the broken loan car. Loan cars are like rental cars, nobody cares about them. They get driven like they are stolen and probably only ever have minimal maintenance done on them. Not surprising not everything is working.

I hope your kid gets well soon.

Danielle,
I haven't yet caught up on your thread, that is my next stop after I post this message. No fear of seeing me in any kind of gym clothes, sweaty or not. But if I keep reading about going to the gym to get fit and healthy, some of that motivation might rub off on me. I may have to sign up to one of those gym places.

Jayne
  •  

sarah1972

Quote from: Jayne01 on May 05, 2018, 02:40:30 AM
Sarah,
Bummer about your car needing a "replacement part". Hopefully that will fix the problem. I don't know what it is about mechanics that makes them treat their customers as simpletons. It's probably not isolated to female customers either. I have had plenty of mechanics trying to talk to me (while in full male mode) like I don't have a clue about cars.

Jayne

I have to be fair to him. Not everyone even has the tools to read the error behind the check engine light. They have to hook up the diagnostics computer anyways, so they just read it again.

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on May 05, 2018, 01:51:53 AM

Sarah:
  I hate the "check engine light" .... it could indicate any of hundreds of problems, most not very serious, some are however ... and some are very expensive to repair.

When it lights up in my vehicle, I pull over, get out and open the hood, and look inside...
...YEP, I checked, the engine is there!!! :D
Not a big fan of the Check Engine light either. And unless someone knows a bit about cars, there is no way to figure out how serious it is. I drove my old car for almost 18 months with a check engine light. I reset it when it got too annoying. On the old one, it was nothing serious. This time it is, so it needs to be fixed. AT least the car has a 7-year warranty.

I was considering returning the car after the first two miles. But they had already let me stew for an hour before even having a car and I had a conference call to attend, so I just wanted to get home.

We so must be sisters... I laughed at your check engine description. Every year our generator demands to "Check battery". And every time I reset the error I think: "Yes, the battery is still there. I am done checking."

Regarding your sweaty gym picture.... I like your bright orange tank top.  Thank you for posting your picture.  I think that you look tired... and hot!...   

hmmm, I am bad, perhaps I started something with my sweaty gym picture, and now yours...  and perhaps we will see more members post their sweaty gym pictures.

In the gym, diid you see the creepy guy on the machine next to the women's locker room door today??

I know that everyone wants to look beautiful and pretty in the pictures they post but what's wrong with posting pictures showing what it looks like to work out, exercise and to be improving our body and our health?

No creepy guy this time  ;D. Mostly the same ladies in class.

Yes, I do look tired. Unfortunately, we share sleep issues.

True about pictures. Part of being a woman is looking sweaty after an exercise, having a bad hair day, messing up an outfit, just being a soccer mom all dressed down or running about town in sweatpants.  We do need a "bad hair day" thread and a "Nailed it" thread. I have a few pictures safely locked away I could drop in a "Nailed it" thread. Trying to copy a certain look and failing to a funny degree.

I trust that your kiddo will be OK.... 
...hmmm, a fever in 94 degree weather, not good, please keep us updated.
Hugs,
Danielle

Thanks for your concern. Fever is up and down, we out cold towels around her legs to cool her down. Discussing if we go to the doctor...

Thanks @Jayne01 and @Alaskan Danielle for taking the time to respond here !

Hugs - Sarah

•