News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Sarah's New World

Started by sarah1972, January 25, 2018, 12:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne01

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

This is such wonderful news Sarah. I am happy for you beyond words! [emoji171][emoji171][emoji171] Only a few months ago you were wondering if this would ever happen and now in only a few months it will become a reality, a dream come true for you. 159 days will countdown to 0 before you even know it. Enjoy hanging from the ceiling, it's a great view from up there when you are being held up there by pure excitement. I wish I could give you a gigantic hug right now. Will you take a rain check for a few weeks time? [emoji847][emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]

I love your new avatar too. That happiness is written all over your face.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Wooooooooooohooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
[emoji1323][emoji1323][emoji1323][emoji1323][emoji1323][emoji1323][emoji1323][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

Super duper, humongous hugs!!! Loves ya girl!!! [emoji171][emoji171][emoji171]

Jayne
  •  

sarah1972

@Alaskan Danielle, @RealLacy, @KathyLauren @Donica, and @Jayne01

Thanks for celebrating this special day with me. I just realized this date will be a bit more than 3 years after my coming out and 2 1/2 years after seriously starting my transition.  I start thinking I have accomplished a lot in such a short time. What an amazing ride it was, also thanks to your support.

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: sarah1972 on November 10, 2018, 01:09:46 AM
@Alaskan Danielle, @RealLacy, @KathyLauren @Donica, and @Jayne01

Thanks for celebrating this special day with me. I just realized this date will be a bit more than 3 years after my coming out and 2 1/2 years after seriously starting my transition.  I start thinking I have accomplished a lot in such a short time. What an amazing ride it was, also thanks to your support.

Hugs,

Sarah
You have accomplished so much! You are a wonderful woman who I am very proud to call my friend. My best friend actually! [emoji171][emoji171]
  •  

Sarah1979

Quote from: sarah1972 on November 09, 2018, 08:08:12 AM
Nov 9th - Downpayment

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

and

WOW-WHEE

I did it! Just got off the phone with Dr. MacPhee's office and I made the downpayment for my surgery on April 17th, 2019...

159 days to go!

Someone please come and crape me off the ceiling...

Very excited!

Hugs,

Sarah

I'm so happy for you girl!!  I'm also so very happy to have met you today, it was a blast doing the run with you (even if I wasn't as fast as I should have been lol.)  Counting the days...

Hugs,

Sarah
  •  

sarah1972

It was great seeing you too and knowing to have a friend in the race. We have to talk about being "fast" I was still 1.5 x slower than you are, I think you did great (at least compared to what I was able to do)... You did a 10k in almost the same time than I did a 5k!

We have to set up a proper get together in the next days!

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: Sarah1979 on November 18, 2018, 10:12:39 AM

I'm so happy for you girl!!  I'm also so very happy to have met you today, it was a blast doing the run with you (even if I wasn't as fast as I should have been lol.)  Counting the days...

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

sarah1972

Nov. 19 - Thanksgiving Week

As you saw from the last two posts, I made it through my first ever 5k. Together with another Sarah 😊. While I really slacked on my training, I did accomplish a few things: I finished! I met my minutes per mile goal. I did not cross the finish line last and I did run larger parts of the course than ever before. It was also the fastest 5k time I had ever run/walked. Yeah, I still walked large parts due to leg cramps which seem to be a big issue for me.

Anyways, I came in 346 of 404 women. Of course, there were frustrating moments too: There was a 10k on the same course, runners had to run two rounds. When I got to the 2-mile mark, I saw the first 10k runners pass me on their second round. I saw moms with double stroller just speed away and disappear in the distance. So I could have done much better, but I did the best I could at this point.

After I recovered a little bit, I was ready to sign up for the next run. It is somewhat addictive. Since I joined our local "Mom's Running Group" I may see if I can find people in similar shape to just start training a bit more. (yeah I did that too).

This is the after picture... still looking somewhat good and some AI things I am 36 (and female)... I take that!

Besides that: This week will be incredibly busy for me setting up our Holiday decoration. I pretty much have a garage full of stuff I want to put out. Over the weekend, I did get the yard ready and hung the first few hundred lives. I also got most of the equipment out of a remote storage. I guess it will take me around two weeks, maybe a bit more. Again, I will do as much as I can. There are also other important things in my life, like my beloved daughter and my wife. And of course my ongoing transition-related activities.

Here is a picture of some of the equipment I pulled out of storage... all hand build... Usually, I run a few miles of cable, tons of controllers and several 10,000 lights.

For Thanksgiving it will be just the 3 of us. Both of our families are in Germany and they don't do Thanksgiving.

On transition-related news: Not much. I keep working through paperwork around my surgery. I have scheduled all of my pre-appointments. Need to get the second letter.

So much for today.

Hope everyone stays warm!

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Northern Star Girl

@sarah1972
Dear Sarah:
Your updates are so enjoyable for me to read.

Congratulations on completing your first ever 5K run... and it was was so nice that you were able to meet with and run with another Sarah... @Sarah1979 ... It is always very nice to meet and converse with like-minded friends.

Wow, your equipment box is full of festive gadgets to make your holiday times very memorable and exciting for your family and friends... I am most certain that your Kiddo will be very excited to see the results of your efforts.

Regarding your future surgery plans, please continue to keep your followers updated with the latest news.

Thanks for posting and sharing.
Hugs and more hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Donica

Congratulations on your 5K success Sarah.

Happy Holidays!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Jayne01

Hey girl!

Congrats on finishing your first 5k run. You achieved some great goals worth celebrating. You finished! That's a great achievement in itself. You achieved your target average pace, and managed a personal best finish time. And most importantly, you have it your best shot. It feels good when you cross the finish line, doesn't it! Now you have caught the bug and are already thinking about signing up for the next run. Well done!!!

What is the name of the AI that said you are female and 36? Sounds like a smart AI. Maybe I can somehow use the AI to reprogram the people at work who constantly misgendered me. [emoji23] [emoji1744]‍[emoji3601]

Kiddo must be excited to see all the lights going up. You're making me want to create a similar light show on my house. Somehow I feel it's well above my skill level with computer control. Can't wait to see the end result. You put smiles on lots of people's faces with your lights show.

The surgery paperwork must be very exciting paperwork to be filling out. I was going to suggest you put a countdown at the bottom of your posts so that we can keep track of how many days to go, but it seems you have already done that. I used tapatalk and the ticker tape gizmos don't show up unless I go to web view. Note to self: check web view for added features. [emoji56]

Great update Sarah!

Big hugs,
Jayne

Quote from: sarah1972 on November 19, 2018, 09:27:33 AM
Nov. 19 - Thanksgiving Week

As you saw from the last two posts, I made it through my first ever 5k. Together with another Sarah [emoji4]. While I really slacked on my training, I did accomplish a few things: I finished! I met my minutes per mile goal. I did not cross the finish line last and I did run larger parts of the course than ever before. It was also the fastest 5k time I had ever run/walked. Yeah, I still walked large parts due to leg cramps which seem to be a big issue for me.

Anyways, I came in 346 of 404 women. Of course, there were frustrating moments too: There was a 10k on the same course, runners had to run two rounds. When I got to the 2-mile mark, I saw the first 10k runners pass me on their second round. I saw moms with double stroller just speed away and disappear in the distance. So I could have done much better, but I did the best I could at this point.

After I recovered a little bit, I was ready to sign up for the next run. It is somewhat addictive. Since I joined our local "Mom's Running Group" I may see if I can find people in similar shape to just start training a bit more. (yeah I did that too).

This is the after picture... still looking somewhat good and some AI things I am 36 (and female)... I take that!

Besides that: This week will be incredibly busy for me setting up our Holiday decoration. I pretty much have a garage full of stuff I want to put out. Over the weekend, I did get the yard ready and hung the first few hundred lives. I also got most of the equipment out of a remote storage. I guess it will take me around two weeks, maybe a bit more. Again, I will do as much as I can. There are also other important things in my life, like my beloved daughter and my wife. And of course my ongoing transition-related activities.

Here is a picture of some of the equipment I pulled out of storage... all hand build... Usually, I run a few miles of cable, tons of controllers and several 10,000 lights.

For Thanksgiving it will be just the 3 of us. Both of our families are in Germany and they don't do Thanksgiving.

On transition-related news: Not much. I keep working through paperwork around my surgery. I have scheduled all of my pre-appointments. Need to get the second letter.

So much for today.

Hope everyone stays warm!

Hugs,

Sarah
  •  

Sarah1979

Quote from: sarah1972 on November 19, 2018, 09:04:43 AM
It was great seeing you too and knowing to have a friend in the race. We have to talk about being "fast" I was still 1.5 x slower than you are, I think you did great (at least compared to what I was able to do)... You did a 10k in almost the same time than I did a 5k!

We have to set up a proper get together in the next days!

Hugs,

Sarah

I'm looking forward to meeting up soon!  It was a great run, nice and small, I've kind of gotten tired of the gigantic 4,000 people runs.  Definitely going on my list of runs to do.  :) I think you did fine, you weren't even breathing hard when I met up with you again :) Looking good!

Hugs,

Sarah
  •  

sarah1972

Dec 5 - BFF time - SQUEEEEEEEEEEE

Big day today! After a long wait, I finally took a trip to the airport to pick up my BFF @Jayne01 !!!!!

I was so excited to meet her in person and we had to poke each other a few times to make sure we both exist... We will fill the next few days with all kind of fun activities and of course some nice shopping trip! And finally, all the big hugs (and maybe a slap or two) we promised each other in days of texting.

Besides that - it has been ages since my last update. Ever since my meds kicked into full strength I have been incredibly busy. Realizing how much was left on a "to-do" pile in 6 months of heavy depression and years of mild depression prior. I most likely was also severely burned out. In any case, I am working very hard to catch up on all this and preparing for the holidays.

My day job is also keeping me busy and being able to better focus makes it a lot more fun again. There was also a trip to New York, Connecticut and back to New York and I just returned late last night from Montreal.

So much in quick....

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

LizK

Wonderful hope you gals have a great time together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Kendra

Sarah, seeing you and Jayne in the same photo is Awesome!! 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@sarah1972    @Jayne01
To my dear beautiful friends and pretty ladies, Sarah and Jayne:
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE  is an understatement for sure!
I am going to add my WOW-WHEE and a Wow-zers to that!

I am so envious of both you and that you were finally able to meet each other.  The picture shows TWO beautiful ladies.... you both look very pretty indeed.

I will definitely be looking for your next updates regarding your fun times together.
AGAIN, thank you for bringing us all up to date.
HUGS,
Danielle

Quote from: sarah1972 on December 05, 2018, 10:04:12 PM
Dec 5 - BFF time - SQUEEEEEEEEEEE

Big day today! After a long wait, I finally took a trip to the airport to pick up my BFF @Jayne01 !!!!!

I was so excited to meet her in person and we had to poke each other a few times to make sure we both exist... We will fill the next few days with all kind of fun activities and of course some nice shopping trip! And finally, all the big hugs (and maybe a slap or two) we promised each other in days of texting.

Besides that - it has been ages since my last update. Ever since my meds kicked into full strength I have been incredibly busy. Realizing how much was left on a "to-do" pile in 6 months of heavy depression and years of mild depression prior. I most likely was also severely burned out. In any case, I am working very hard to catch up on all this and preparing for the holidays.

My day job is also keeping me busy and being able to better focus makes it a lot more fun again. There was also a trip to New York, Connecticut and back to New York and I just returned late last night from Montreal.

So much in quick....

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hugs,

Sarah
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Wow look at those two happy women!!  Great smiles. :)
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

sarah1972

@Alaskan Danielle

Thanks my dear Danielle - yes, we are both very excited to be able to spend some BFF time together.

There is only one thing which would be better: if you where here with us. I hope one day we can meet in person and enjoy a coffee and some lovely conversation together.

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on December 06, 2018, 09:27:40 AM
@sarah1972    @Jayne01
To my dear beautiful friends and pretty ladies, Sarah and Jayne:
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE  is an understatement for sure!
I am going to add my WOW-WHEE and a Wow-zers to that!

I am so envious of both you and that you were finally able to meet each other.  The picture shows TWO beautiful ladies.... you both look very pretty indeed.

I will definitely be looking for your next updates regarding your fun times together.
AGAIN, thank you for bringing us all up to date.
HUGS,
Danielle

•  

sarah1972

Dec 6th - BFF day 2

I know you are dying to hear more about the adventures...

Today we did the best thing Besties can do: SHOPPING!!!! Started early with breakfast at a local mall and then ventured into an outlet mall.

I am sure by now you guessed it... we ended with the same jacket and the same purse!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lots of chatting and talking in between. Ended the day with a nice dinner to get some sleep for more fun tomorrow.

Hugs

Sarah

•  

Donica

Aww look at you two happy girls. How much fun is that, and matching coats too. Spending time with besties is the best. <<<SQUEEEE!!!>>>

Warm hugs ladies!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

sarah1972

Dec 10 - More BFF fun and an Auf Wiedersehen

Using the German "Auf Wiedersehen" in the title which means "See you soon again", there is no real good English equivalent.

Last night Jayne, me and my family had a lovely goodbye dinner which marked the end of four very exciting days with my BFF.  Afterward, I dropped Jayne off at her Hotel and we exchanged a lot more very emotional big hugs. It was very hard to let my Bestie go and to be fair I had to leave before I completely broke down in tears.  Coming home, I told my kiddo that Miss Jayne is leaving for Canada and I could see in her face how much she will miss Jayne too. She looked sad once she realized that it will be a bit before we meet again in April.

Kiddo and Jayne got along so very well and they also had a great time together.

What else has happened? We had a lot more BFF fun and tried to maximize the time together.

Jayne helped to work on my Christmas decorations, it was so great having her; she was a natural and it is always a pleasure working with someone without having to explain anything.

We also spent some more time at the mall, mostly being silly and add more to our "besties collection" - as you recall we already have matching jackets and purses. We added matching shoes (mine are coming in the mail in a few days, they did not have my size) and as a big token of our friendship, matching "Best Friends" necklaces.

Jayne's visit was the best (early) Christmas Gift I can think of. I am so glad she came and we could spend time together. I can't wait to see her again in April (even though I'll be under anesthesia and heavy painkillers for most of the time).

By now, Jayne is on her way to meet up with her wife.

THANKS, JAYNE FOR THE WONDERFUL TIME!!!

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

KathyLauren

I am so glad you girls had such a good time together!  It sure looks from the photos like you were having fun.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •