News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Nb: How do you experience your gender?

Started by PurpleWolf, December 14, 2017, 11:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

Quote from: punky_glitter on January 27, 2018, 04:11:23 PM
I feel as if when I am in conversations the element of gender is just something I don't concern myself with and I don't even think about until someone says something like, "But you're a girl" and then I sit for a moment and realize "Oh yea we still live in a binary". I am androgyne, and i personally just don't see gendered things at all, but sometimes I do things that intentionally blur the lines of the binary such as bind my chest but wear a skirt at the same time. The other day I wore some spray called "clean" (its a really good brand seriously it smells amazing and just like cool rain) and my dad asked me if I was wearing cologne and I said no, and then he asked if I was wearing perfume and I said no because the spray wasn't labeled as either and it has that blur I am talking about and I asked him what the difference between the two was and he said well boys normaly wear cologne and girls normally wear perfume and I said well isn't it all just spray that smells good? why do we have to coordinate our smells with our genitals and our gender and he didn't really have anything to say. I feel like in ways I am that spray, people are confused but also slightly curious by how I present and who I am And it's not that I don't feel gender, it's just that I am the blurred line between male and female.

Welcome to Susan's, and welcome to the club. That's the space I live in, too.  :) See you around!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

punky_glitter

Quote from: Morgan78 on January 13, 2018, 12:08:51 PM
I prefer male pronouns, but since I still publicly present as female and have a 100% female name I have no problem being referred to as a female. I do love when customers call me "sir" by accident, though.  :D
literally same except it bothers me to hear her but I don't correct and also
YAAASSSS I love it when I get called sir, I just always get worried because people laugh or give me crap about it, and it's just like uGh nO lET mE HaVE ThIs
He/Him
I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun
They can take your bathrooms, they can take your binders, the can take your makeup
but they can never can they ever take who you are.

You are always valid

•