Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Does anyone else here enjoy RC toys like quadcopters?

Started by kaitylynn, January 28, 2018, 04:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4A-GZE

I'm not sure. I recently upgraded to some heavy duty Tamiya ones, but then the ESC died before I got a chance to try them out.
  •  

DawnOday

In the old days...Hey.  We used to fly our planes with strings attached. My grandparents lived on a culdesac so we took my brand new fighter plane out for a run. Well that didn't last long. After a half hour trying to get the motor started we were set for take off. I am reminded of the theme from "The magnificent men in their flying machines" a movie from the 70's. "They go uppity up up, They go down de down down. Never to fly again.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

kaitylynn

OMG Dawn, that is how I started flying!  Had a Cox 049 engine and hours of dizzy fun :)
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

SallyChoasAura

My dad likes flying these tiny remote helicopters sometimes. It's cool to watch.
  •  

DawnOday

My friend Ari has a two car garage full of RC planes. A good guess is around fifteen. or several thousand dollars worth. He hasn't let me fly one yet but I only get to Vegas every so often. I did watch him for two hours slathered in SPF 30 in 90 degree heat. Not bad for November. 

My plane on a string only lasted it's maiden flight. I didn't know they could fly 90 degrees. I do now.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Donica

I love RC! I haven't been able to fly for the past 2 years because for my vision. I'm getting a new pair of glasses soon. FPV, NSRCA, and CPA (low, fast and loud)!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Jasminex69

I'm just getting into the hobby but mainly for surf fishing.  I just bought a sjrc s20w drone to take my bait past the surf, would love to catch a tuna or a nice size halibut.

Jasmine
  •  

kaitylynn

Quote from: Jasminex69 on October 04, 2018, 01:30:14 PM
I'm just getting into the hobby but mainly for surf fishing.  I just bought a sjrc s20w drone to take my bait past the surf, would love to catch a tuna or a nice size halibut.

Jasmine

That sounds really cool actually!  Drone fishing  :)  These things are fun to fly as well.
Katherine Lynn M.

•  

Jasminex69

Kaitylynn

This drone is a blast and it turns out I'm getting it for free.  Ordered it through Wish.com and it was a little on the small side, so they are refunding me the purchase price and I get to keep the drone.  Using the refund to get a DJI Phantom 3 standard and I will use it for more than just surf fishing now.
  •  

kaitylynn

Sweet on the free drone!  These things are so fun to fly.  I built a 6" long range quad while I was out on recovery leave using a bunch of spare parts.  Just had to buy a little GPS unit, which was only $8...so now it has GPS as well.

Heather and I are headed to Idyllwild next week and I hope to get some neat footage flying along a mountain ridge :)
Katherine Lynn M.

•