Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Current HRT progress and upcoming endo followup

Started by missmacyrose, January 30, 2018, 05:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

missmacyrose

I can't believe time has flown so fast! It seems like only yesterday that I was waiting to get my prescriptions but as of 1/26, 3 days ago, I am 6 months on HRT! Today I had my blood drawn so that Wednesday morning I can discuss the results with my Endo at what will be my first in person follow up since starting. My 3 month follow up, when he doubled my dosage, was all done over email. At my first follow up my levels were at:
Testosterone 382 ng/dl
Estradiol 26 pg/ml
3 months later, this is where I am:
Testosterone 216 ng/dl
Estradiol 79 pg/ml
So my levels have gone down and up quite a lot, respectively. But I know that I still have a ways to go and I hope that my endo will be upping my dose again. I was thinking about discussing adding Progesterone to my regimen and I'm unsure if it's worth it. Anyone who can offer me any advice on the matter? I've heard it can help with breast development and keep the breasts from developing a conical shape, which mine are sort of starting to. I'm currently at a 34A. Also for 6 months, are these levels good?
23 year old SoCal based Trans Lesbian
On HRT since 07/26/2017
Changed legal name and gender 09/25/2017
Full time since 01/01/2018
  •  

Allison S

I started with basically the same levels as you or maybe my testesterone was a bit higher. I just made 4 months and when I checked a couple weeks ago my testesterone is 47 and estrogen 321. Everyone is different but if you want we can compare dosages our doctors are prescribing us througu private message?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
  •  

Deborah

I can only tell you my hormone levels for comparison.  I was on a standard transition dose of estradiol and spiro plus progesterone at the beginning.  After nine months we doubled my spiro. 

Beginning:
T - 826 ng/dl
E - 43.4 pg/ml

Two Months
T - 158 ng/dl
E - 71.3 pg/ml

Nine Months
T - 120 ng/dl
E - 117.2 pg/ml

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

missmacyrose

So my follow up went well. My endo actually said he had already been planning on talking to me about progesterone before I even asked him, and he ended up prescribing it to me. Took my first pill a few hours ago. He told me that my estrogen looks good but my Testosterone is low for the male range but still high for the female range, and he said that the addition of progesterone will help to correct that. I'm meant to get another blood draw in 6 weeks to see how it's working so fingers crossed that it helps! Is there anyone here who specifically did NOT begin with progesterone as part of their treatment who had it added later like me? If so did you notice any significant differences, and after how long?
23 year old SoCal based Trans Lesbian
On HRT since 07/26/2017
Changed legal name and gender 09/25/2017
Full time since 01/01/2018
  •