Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Well been asked to speak at a state electrolysis meeting

Started by inenidok, January 29, 2018, 04:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inenidok

Well been asked by my electrolysis and laser therapist/tech to speak at a meeting in April. On what transgender individuals needs etc. What brought this up is she had 3 other transgender people call her, she is on the state board and she really thinks it will help others understand people that are transgender. I know i want a safe environment and be able to do weekend appointment. 2 is the cost of it and maybe payment arrangements possible, is what my main concern is because health insurance does not pay. Atleast mine done.

My question is if i do speak what are some of your concerns that needs to be addressed. 
Love love, be yourself live life for you. 12/21/17 is the start of a new me
  •  

Harley Quinn

You pretty much covered it.  MTF trans women have a lot of hours being zapped... Out of pocket cost, and Getting Insurance to pay up.  That's pretty much all the issues with hair removal.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

inenidok

Thanks i think i will speak at the meeting seeing how there are only a few in my state that is board certified
Love love, be yourself live life for you. 12/21/17 is the start of a new me
  •  

ToriJo

Another issue - being treated as a woman.  I mean I go in with all the facial hair growing out, looking and feeling my absolute worst because of it.  So anything they can do to remind me they see me as a woman makes the process so much better (and gets my repeat business - if I'm paying you a ton of money and you can't even fake it that you see me as a woman, good bye!).
  •