Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Re: Here I go again :-( 2.0

Started by Shy, January 17, 2018, 02:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne01

Quote from: Laurie on May 18, 2018, 09:03:39 PM
@Jayne01 ,

Girl you are sooooooo gunna get slapped.  You know better than to use such words in reference to me and in MY thread yet!! Had you been paying attention you would have been aware that Michelle has that aspect already covered. I DO NOT make plans!
I wasn't planning to say anything to earn me a slap, but if you are planning a slap for me, I better plan to receive said slap. But since Michelle is in charge of all the planning, then all will be ok.

So when are you planning a visit down under? [emoji12]

Jayne
  •  

Michelle_P

It's really very simple.  I will have Laurie's passport info to file when I get the cruise tickets and fill in the passenger data.  Then, on departure day, I'll show up at her apartment, tell her to pack for a certain number of days, and load her into the car. 

Easy peasy.

No planning or stressful calendar dates for her to fret over or lose track of.  It Just Happens.

And Jayne, there are many cruises that depart from Vancouver, BC, Seattle, and San Francisco that end up in Brisbane, Melbourne, or Sydney, Australia.  I've often thought that would be a very civilized way to cross the Pacific.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Michelle_P on May 18, 2018, 09:48:57 PM
It's really very simple.  I will have Laurie's passport info to file when I get the cruise tickets and fill in the passenger data.  Then, on departure day, I'll show up at her apartment, tell her to pack for a certain number of days, and load her into the car. 

Easy peasy.

No planning or stressful calendar dates for her to fret over or lose track of.  It Just Happens.
I like the way you think
  •  

Laurie

Another small update. Yesterday I had a followup eye appointment at the VA. I was surprised that I was named correctly and correct pronouns were used by all three people I encountered during my appointment. This department has historically used my now defunct old name. I have yet to make my name official in the VA records. Apparently they have found a way to put a note in their system.
  Yesterday was also another uneventful electrolysis session, unless you think of a tear or two and a sneeze as events.
  The rest of the day was doing a bit of shopping at Target and attempting to prepare for my late evening visitor on Monday night. Last night I woke about a quarter of two, and shortly thereafter, I found myself emptying the contents of my digestive tract from both ends. This lasted until around 3:30 with many sudden trips to the toilet. At times I wondered which end I should have over it. I felt fine before and after except for being tired after. Why this happened ,is beyond me. My sister ate the same things I did for supper. For lunch I had a salad. I skipped breakfast to prepare for my appointment at the VA. The one really unusual item I ate that she did not, was a sawdust bar (health food) bar I got free with a coupon. It was kosher, non-gmo, gluten free, non-dairy, and vegan. Oh, it was probably Ogranic too. Yeah, I knew I should not have eaten it but, it was free. Well NEVER again! Only GOOD food for this girl from here on out!
  Tomorrow, is cancer day again. Oh joy! Labs, IV insertion for contrast, CT Scan, and then the wait for the verdict from my oncologist later in the afternoon. What FUN, huh! Will it be another 3 month reprieve? Or will she tell me it has  returned? Stay tuned to this channel...
  Later, as I mentioned earlier, Michelle arrives for a week long visit!! Now, there is some "GOOD" news!! Well, I best get back to cleaning up and rearranging the furniture, (rumor has it I'm pretty good at it).  ;D ;D ;D

Hugs for everyone!!
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Dena

You didn't by chance have some Romaine Lettuce at that salad bar? If you did, unfortunately it's something that's going around. Fortunately if that was it, the harvest just ended and the last of it should be gone shortly. They know it's from Yuma but they haven't been able to find the field it came from.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Almost sounds like Montezuma's  revenge.....hope you're  feeling  better
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Dena on May 20, 2018, 02:26:40 PM
You didn't by chance have some Romaine Lettuce at that salad bar? If you did, unfortunately it's something that's going around. Fortunately if that was it, the harvest just ended and the last of it should be gone shortly. They know it's from Yuma but they haven't been able to find the field it came from.

Thanks Dena but... I heard about the romaine lettuce when I was down in Walnut Creek with Michelle. I have not had any romaine lettuce or anything with romaine in it since.  Not that.

•  

Laurie

Quote from: markie on May 20, 2018, 02:29:50 PM
Almost sounds like Montezuma's  revenge.....hope you're  feeling  better

I've been in Montezuma prone areas w/o problems. I'm going to blame it on that bar of sawdust. I felt okay after getting everything out and just before it started. Dry heaves are terrible and that is how I knew it was all out. Montezuma's revenge is typically not associated with vomiting and lasts about 4 days. I think I can safely say it was not that.

Thank You for the try Markie.
    Laurie

•  

Anne Blake

Hi Girlfriend,

Good luck with your testing tomorrow, we will be praying for you. And I guess that I don't need to add instructions to enjoy the heck out of your visit with that San Francisco girl, you know the one, the gal with the honey badgers...

Tia Anne
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Anne Blake on May 20, 2018, 03:01:03 PM
Hi Girlfriend,

Good luck with your testing tomorrow, we will be praying for you. And I guess that I don't need to add instructions to enjoy the heck out of your visit with that San Francisco girl, you know the one, the gal with the honey badgers...

Tia Anne

Thank you Tia and Deb. Yep I know which bay area girl you mean. I've been cleaning up all week for her. And you can bet enjoyment will be had by both of us.

Laurie

•  

Shy

You didn't read the small print did you. "warning eating this bar may cause you to involuntarily turn inside out. Only consume in a well ventilated area and stay away from naked flames!" ;D

Best wishes tomorrow, hope all goes well for you.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

Laurie

I even missed all that "silly fad" print on it... you know that "healthy" nonsense. Somebody bring me a garden hose or some creek water. I'm thirsty. Pesticides are good for the plants and selective  cross breeding (GMO) has been done for centuries and makes them better. Did I mention I love meats, fish, and milk and cheeses?

Silly Nonsense I tells ya ! Nonsense!

(The foregoing was the personal opinion of the author. You can believe what you want)

Thank you for the good wishes Sadie.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Jayne01

I'm sorry you turned inside out briefly. It's never any fun when that happens. It certainly sounds like something you ate. You need to be careful with that "healthy" stuff.... it ain't good for ya! Many years ago, our water supply was compromised by an algae bloom. The news kept reporting of elevated levels of Cryptosporidium and Giardia and we should not drink tap water without boiling it. Bottled water sales went through the roof, but I never worried about it. I continued drinking tap water with no ill effects. Hmmmmm, come to think of it, that could explain a few things. [emoji12]

I hope all goes well with your tests tomorrow. My best thoughts and wishes are with you.

Hug,
Jayne
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on May 20, 2018, 01:44:24 PM
  Another small update. Yesterday I had a followup eye appointment at the VA. I was surprised that I was named correctly and correct pronouns were used by all three people I encountered during my appointment. This department has historically used my now defunct old name. I have yet to make my name official in the VA records. Apparently they have found a way to put a note in their system.
  Yesterday was also another uneventful electrolysis session, unless you think of a tear or two and a sneeze as events.
  The rest of the day was doing a bit of shopping at Target and attempting to prepare for my late evening visitor on Monday night. Last night I woke about a quarter of two, and shortly thereafter, I found myself emptying the contents of my digestive tract from both ends. This lasted until around 3:30 with many sudden trips to the toilet. At times I wondered which end I should have over it. I felt fine before and after except for being tired after. Why this happened ,is beyond me. My sister ate the same things I did for supper. For lunch I had a salad. I skipped breakfast to prepare for my appointment at the VA. The one really unusual item I ate that she did not, was a sawdust bar (health food) bar I got free with a coupon. It was kosher, non-gmo, gluten free, non-dairy, and vegan. Oh, it was probably Ogranic too. Yeah, I knew I should not have eaten it but, it was free. Well NEVER again! Only GOOD food for this girl from here on out!
  Tomorrow, is cancer day again. Oh joy! Labs, IV insertion for contrast, CT Scan, and then the wait for the verdict from my oncologist later in the afternoon. What FUN, huh! Will it be another 3 month reprieve? Or will she tell me it has  returned? Stay tuned to this channel...
  Later, as I mentioned earlier, Michelle arrives for a week long visit!! Now, there is some "GOOD" news!! Well, I best get back to cleaning up and rearranging the furniture, (rumor has it I'm pretty good at it).  ;D ;D ;D

Hugs for everyone!!
  Laurie

Good luck for tomorrow I will be thinking of you. I have fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes all crossed for you.

Hope you are feeling a bit better as well as being clean as whistle (inside and out).

So only a one more sleep [emoji42] till your life improves with the arrival of your special "friend" I am sure you two will have a fabulous time.

Take care

Liz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

sarah1972

Good luck with all your tests Laurie, I hope everything comes back clean!

So sorry to hear you have been sick - maybe just nervous about all the tests and the arrival of your special friend?

Please let us know how the tests went, we all keep our fingers crossed for you :-)

Hugs, Sarah

•  

Cindy

Vegemite and a pie floater will fix you up.

<I realise that this won't mean much to many but they have agreed to fix the van. I am one happy girl and so is Rebecca.  They even warned me to up the insurance 10 fold as it is worth way more than the list price. >
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Cindy on May 20, 2018, 11:52:11 PM
Vegemite and a pie floater will fix you up.

<I realise that this won't mean much to many but they have agreed to fix the van. I am one happy girl and so is Rebecca.  They even warned me to up the insurance 10 fold as it is worth way more than the list price. >

WoW!! Cindy that is great they'll fix the van. I am sure that takes one more load from your mind. I hope it does not take too long to fix.

Love ya. Tell Rebecca I said hello.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Laurie on May 18, 2018, 04:30:03 PM

Yes Devyln it is. I keep saying I am Laurie. I say it with awe. Somehow this piece of paper make those words different from all the other times I have said them. Hello, I am Laurie.  See? Aren't they awesome words?

It is awesome ain't it?.  I'm two months past the legal change and I still do this.

Quote from: Laurie on May 18, 2018, 04:30:03 PM

Hi Davina, I think the shock is wearing off and the "feels good" is setting in. OMG I am really Laurie!! This may take some time to get used to. I should be practicing my signature so I can actually write it when needed.

Hugs,
  Laurie

I started signing every thing "TJ W********" more than a year before I got legal.  When the first time came that I could legally sign Tonya, I realized I had never written it out by hand before.  So I signed whatever is was "TJ" and promptly started practicing my Tonya signature.

I still smile everytime I get things addressed to Tonya. 

Congrats on being legal and good luck on your tests.

Tonya

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  •  

Donna

Laurie I really hope your tests go well. Having that C hanging over you is no picnic and a reprieve is so prayed for for you.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Laurie

Thank you, Tonga. Awesome it is. I had to sign something today at the VA  and signed my old name because I haven't changed it there (or anywhere)  yet. I didn't want to confuse them.
Quote from: TonyaW on May 21, 2018, 10:36:10 AM
It is awesome ain't it?.  I'm two months past the legal change and I still do this.

I started signing every thing "TJ W********" more than a year before I got legal.  When the first time came that I could legally sign Tonya, I realized I had never written it out by hand before.  So I signed whatever is was "TJ" and promptly started practicing my Tonya signature.

I still smile everytime I get things addressed to Tonya. 

Congrats on being legal and good luck on your tests.

Tonya

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk