Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Re: Here I go again :-( 2.0

Started by Shy, January 17, 2018, 02:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Thank you Donna for the prayers. I did get another reprieve.

Hugs,
  Laurie
Quote from: Donna on May 21, 2018, 11:01:18 AM
Laurie I really hope your tests go well. Having that C hanging over you is no picnic and a reprieve is so prayed for for you.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Sephirah

*gives you a big hug*

No, Laurie. You got another sign that you can make your life how you want it to be, sweetie. Go do it. :)

I believe in you.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Anne Blake

Laurie,

Deb and I are so happy to hear of your latest reprieve, great news!

Tia Anne
  •  

Laurie

Poked, prodded, and made to glow in the dark once again..... The verdict?  Another reprieve, no cancer was found! Come back in three months.
  Also of note is that I was correctly gendered by everyone.  There was one man that I caught looking at me... I just gave him the smile, watched him shake his head and continued on his way. No problem for me and I don't care what he thought

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Donna

That's great news Laurie, I really get anxious as March roles around every year for my yearly results and follow up. It's great to get a clean one, I remember when I was doing my 3 month dr appointment and how I dreaded them. Went to 6 months and then yearly. It's great now 11 years down the road. Best wishes on clear tests from here on out.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

sarah1972

YEAH LAURIE! Another good thing happening to you! So glad to hear nothing was found.

I am bit worried about the "glow in the dark" - Wouldn't this make you easier to be found by the honey badgers?

Hope you can celebrate tonight! So many things to celebrate for you :-)

Enjoy your visitor!!

Hugs, Sarah

Quote from: Laurie on May 21, 2018, 03:24:34 PM
Poked, prodded, and made to glow in the dark once again..... The verdict?  Another reprieve, no cancer was found! Come back in three months.
  Also of note is that I was correctly rendered by everyone.  There was one man that I caught looking at me... I just gave him the smile, watched him shake his head and continued on his way. No problem for me and I don't care what he thought

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

davina61

Due to time difference missed some so to back track , at least it wasn't the butter chicken making you ill. Good news on your results , had my fingers crossed for you (managed to look on here lunch time)  . Now don't take any messing from you know who as I know she wont go on top of the fridge, Have a nice time XXXXXX and hugs to you both.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Kendra

So glad to see this!  No cancer.  Wahoo!!

And keep ignoring (or better yet, smiling) at idiots who are on the wrong side of history... you are making the world a better place. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Jayne01

Also of note is that I was correctly rendered by everyone.  There was one man that I caught looking at me... I just gave him the smile, watched him shake his head and continued on his way. No problem for me and I don't care what he thought

Hugs,
   Laurie

That's wonderful news Laurie. So happy you have been given the all clear. What a relief it must be for you following the build up of wondering what the results will be every 3 months. Now you can relax and enjoy the company of your visitor.

And nice going with the way you handled the guy lo king at you. No reaction other than a simple smile is the best thing you can do with these kinds of people. That forces him to be all alone with his little mind and thoughts.

(((((HUG)))))

Jayne
  •  

LizK

Hugs,
   Laurie

Fantastic news and I am so happy for you although being "rendered" must have been painful!  ;D
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 21, 2018, 09:01:29 PM
Fantastic news and I am so happy for you although being "rendered" must have been painful!  ;D

Thank you Liz. I did see that typo. I thought it would be painful too so I corrected it. Thanks for catching it and pointing it out. ::) ::) ::) ::)

Quote from: Jayne01 on May 21, 2018, 05:18:11 PM
That's wonderful news Laurie. So happy you have been given the all clear. What a relief it must be for you following the build up of wondering what the results will be every 3 months. Now you can relax and enjoy the company of your visitor.

And nice going with the way you handled the guy looking at you. No reaction other than a simple smile is the best thing you can do with these kinds of people. That forces him to be all alone with his little mind and thoughts.

(((((HUG)))))

Jayne

Thanks to you too Jayne. Yes "The Smile" works pretty well. To heck with those kind of people.

Quote from: Kendra on May 21, 2018, 03:58:10 PM
So glad to see this!  No cancer.  Wahoo!!

And keep ignoring (or better yet, smiling) at idiots who are on the wrong side of history... you are making the world a better place. 

Thank you too Kendra. (I'm still gunna smack you when I see you again.

Quote from: davina61 on May 21, 2018, 03:52:41 PM
Due to time difference missed some so to back track , at least it wasn't the butter chicken making you ill. Good news on your results , had my fingers crossed for you (managed to look on here lunch time)  . Now don't take any messing from you know who as I know she wont go on top of the fridge, Have a nice time XXXXXX and hugs to you both.

Thanks Davina. Nope wasn't the buttered chicken I haven't attempted it yet. If "she" doesn't behave I have a freezer top for her.

Quote from: sarah1972 on May 21, 2018, 03:31:34 PM
YEAH LAURIE! Another good thing happening to you! So glad to hear nothing was found.

I am bit worried about the "glow in the dark" - Wouldn't this make you easier to be found by the honey badgers?

Hope you can celebrate tonight! So many things to celebrate for you :-)

Enjoy your visitor!!

Hugs, Sarah

And I'll thank you also Sarah. I've gotten used to the glowing in the dark. It just means we won't need a night light tonight.  It will fade in a day or so.

Quote from: Donna on May 21, 2018, 03:29:25 PM
That's great news Laurie, I really get anxious as March roles around every year for my yearly results and follow up. It's great to get a clean one, I remember when I was doing my 3 month dr appointment and how I dreaded them. Went to 6 months and then yearly. It's great now 11 years down the road. Best wishes on clear tests from here on out.

Thank you Donna. So you are a survivor yourself I see. I have had it 3 times so far. It has been 3 yrs 9 months since the last go around. They have told me I was going to die in months twice now. I'm still here. But yes it is a bit of a deal having to wonder every 3 months. There is an element of anxiety for sure.

Thank you also to Tia Anne and Deb. Also another thanks to Sephira. I will also thank those that read and cheer me on silently. All of your well wishes and prayers for me are welcome and appreciated..

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Laurie

She's here!  Goodnight.

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Laurie on May 22, 2018, 02:18:29 AM
  She's here!  Goodnight.
That's great.....now I don't want hear from you again for a while. Enjoy your time with your girl. [emoji16]

Have a wonderful time.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Donna

Yes Laurie I do feel for you from personal experience. They missed some during my surgery in 2007 and I ended up with 48 targeted radiation treatments ( as a Christmas present December 2007 to February 2008) and that seemed to take care of it. Been monitoring ever since.
Thought it jumped to my thyroid in 2013 but the tumor was benign and they just removed all of the right side of the thyroid. 2016 thyroid kicked in again but turned out to be a cyst only.
Currently on my third round of antibiotics and 6 weeks with a bladder infection. That's how it started in 2007. Sick for a year and lost 65 pounds that time.
I'm just not feeling sick so it has to be something unrelated, can't worry about it until the doc makes me worry.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Laurie

Michelle my belle has left me alone once again. It was wonderful having her here and showing with highlights of meeting and RobynD and friends. Michelle got to see a good sampling of Oregon scenery. Not once did she complain of my breakfasts I served her with the exception of the quantities. Last night we dined at Rudy's in Salem where we shared the entries of a nice ribeye steak and elk chops. Both were delicious and we share a desert of a Marion berry crisp with vanilla ice cream.
  After another nice evening at home we got up and had an omelet breakfast of chorizo/ green onion/ red and yellow bell pepper/ and habanero cheddar cheese. Topped with salted tomato and shredded cheese with a sprinkling of chipolti tobasco sauce. One the side were fried diced taters with rosemary, onion and garlic. Yes she again complained about the quantity of food mumbling some nonsense about trying to make he fat so umm ahh uh something else will grow too. I failed to see the issue she was trying to express.

Anyway here I am all alone once again.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Sephirah

I thought it was the law in America to have giant portions of things. :) Every TV show I've seen reinforces that. If you can eat it in less than 30 minutes, and without a shovel, then it's not big enough and you could go to jail for like 10 years. ;)
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Laurie on May 29, 2018, 12:56:05 PM
   Yes she again complained about the quantity of food mumbling some nonsense about trying to make he fat so umm ahh uh something else will grow too. I failed to see the issue she was trying to express.

I gained SIX POUNDS in a week.  AYEEE!

That means I have something like a month of salad lunch and dinners and grapefruit breakfasts ahead of me.

Six pounds...  Oh, the things I have to put up with.  I tried to commiserate with the honey badgers, but honey badgers don't give a ...

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

LizK

I might add.... I did detect a certain amount of encouragement for Michelle to eat more during our Skype conversation whilst she was having diner...I guess the industrial size parmesan cheese was a bit of a give away LOL...I think you might have been a bit lucky to get away with only 6 Michelle!! :D

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Laurie

I couldn't let her go hungry could I? Besides, I think she enjoyed being cooked for, for a change. I sure didn't hear her complaining. Even when I had my ears in. (hearing aids)  It could be she didn't get her 10k steps in each day. I got more steps in (and other exercise) while she was here than I usually do. I slept most of the day yesterday to catch up on my rest. It was hard work keeping up with her but well worth the effort.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Michelle_P on May 30, 2018, 02:56:47 AM
I gained SIX POUNDS in a week.  AYEEE!

That means I have something like a month of salad lunch and dinners and grapefruit breakfasts ahead of me.

Six pounds...  Oh, the things I have to put up with.  I tried to commiserate with the honey badgers, but honey badgers don't give a ...

Honey Badgers care only about badger chow and tracking Laurie.  And Laurie has learned the secret to sooth them also with her gourmet cooking.
How were you able to trick them into leaving their larder and prey.
I know....belly rubs!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•