News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Re: What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 3.0

Started by Denise, September 18, 2017, 09:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah_P

Quote from: BrandiYYC on April 09, 2018, 03:22:35 PM
Yesterday I was out for lunch with my wife, and the waitress came to the table and said "Hello Ladies", I really can't tell you how amazing that made me feel! And then this morning I was leaving a building and a gentleman held the door open for me as we were both leaving, I said thank you and he replied your welcome ma'am. Literally my first 2 experiences being properly gendered in public. Little things, but huge things to me.

Isn't it wonderful? I'm over 2 months living full-time & I still get a little happy thrill every time I hear someone gender me correctly.  :)
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Faith

chatting with the lady here @work that has been helping me out. We were talking about my progress/changes. I mentioned as part of the conversation my aversion to dresses (guy-in-a-dress syndrome) and the fact that I still look like a guy overall. She simply replied, all in time, besides you already have the walk down and better than most of the woman here.

:)
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

natalie.ashlyne

Quote from: Faith on April 13, 2018, 11:13:10 AM
chatting with the lady here @work that has been helping me out. We were talking about my progress/changes. I mentioned as part of the conversation my aversion to dresses (guy-in-a-dress syndrome) and the fact that I still look like a guy overall. She simply replied, all in time, besides you already have the walk down and better than most of the woman here.

:)

Happy for you Faith the walk is very important and you are looking good :)
  •  

christinej78

Today, Friday the 13th of April 2018, was Borchiday; I gave up two testicles in my quest for womanhood and am irrevocably on my journey; thanks to all of you here at Susan's Place and friends that have made it possible for me to do this.

Best always
Christine
EDITED: 04 August 2018 - cj78
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Roll

Mentioned this in my thread, but... Walked into Ulta, told them what I was after and why for recommendations, got a few looks from other customers, but sat down in the chair and everything! No nerves or anything. Safe to say I am officially over the worrying about what people think of me in those settings.

Going to try to spend the weekend dressed mostly female around house, then go to laser on Monday. If not for the fact I expressly can't wear makeup going there or after, I think I'd probably have tried to make that my first out of house trip.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Roll on April 13, 2018, 09:04:54 PM
Mentioned this in my thread, but... Walked into Ulta, told them what I was after and why for recommendations, got a few looks from other customers, but sat down in the chair and everything! No nerves or anything. Safe to say I am officially over the worrying about what people think of me in those settings.

Going to try to spend the weekend dressed mostly female around house, then go to laser on Monday. If not for the fact I expressly can't wear makeup going there or after, I think I'd probably have tried to make that my first out of house trip.

@Roll    Ellie :  That is terrific that you sat right down in the chair at the cosmetics counter...  do not be worried or concerned, let people think what they want to think... and ignore their LOOKS and their comments....  you gotta do what you gotta do to progress in your transition journey.... 
... Be brave, be strong!!!  Never give up, never surrender!!!

So, you will be in female-mode at your house this weekend.... hmmm, camera time...
...we will be looking for those pics.
Thanks for posting your good news.

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

I went shopping today spend money I don't have (lol) right now just got my new tax assessment back and I know owe them more money I just don't care I even bought my dog a new collar with pendents well my dog will get one pendent the (paw) and I will keep the (heart spoiled and the princess crown pendent ) Had fun shopping and last time I eat out for a while till I lose weight
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on April 13, 2018, 10:28:14 PM
I went shopping today spend money I don't have (lol) right now just got my new tax assessment back and I know owe them more money I just don't care I even bought my dog a new collar with pendents well my dog will get one pendent the (paw) and I will keep the (heart spoiled and the princess crown pendent ) Had fun shopping and last time I eat out for a while till I lose weight
Natalie I owe money too and I just can't be bothered lol I was gonna do my taxes today and I went to H&R block but the general manager who was supposed to get me a discount (barely knocked off anything off the $300 bill just for them to enter numbers and check a few boxes on their system) didn't and told me to basically go somewhere else lol she asked me how much I was willing to pay and I told her $120 like the gentleman told me when we first started... she was not having it and I walked out without saying not one word. I surely will take my business elsewhere [emoji4] so yes that made me happy today

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Allison S on April 13, 2018, 10:31:53 PM
Natalie I owe money too and I just can't be bothered lol I was gonna do my taxes today and I went to H&R block but the general manager who was supposed to get me a discount (barely knocked off anything off the $300 bill just for them to enter numbers and check a few boxes on their system) didn't and told me to basically go somewhere else lol she asked me how much I was willing to pay and I told her $120 like the gentleman told me when we first started... she was not having it and I walked out without saying not one word. I surely will take my business elsewhere [emoji4] so yes that made me happy today

@Allison S  ....  well, next time with any tax service get names and get it in writing.... 
... wow $300  ... really?  That can't be right.  Can it?  How much did you pay last year??
Just how complicated are your tax filings anyway???
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on April 13, 2018, 10:28:14 PM

@natalie.ashlyne  ....  that can be my problem sometimes, spending my money on things I don't need with money I don't have....

arghhhh... owing more tax money always sucks...

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

natalie.ashlyne

Quote from: Allison S on April 13, 2018, 10:31:53 PM

Ya H&R block charges a fortune which should be tax deductible as the government forces us to do taxes. I payed $280 to find out that I owe $6838 on top of the $600 I owed out of the 24 thousand from a few years ago. To bad Danielle was not closer and able to do Canadian taxes as I would totally give her my business. :)
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on April 13, 2018, 10:45:38 PM
@Allison S  ....  well, next time with any tax service get names and get it in writing.... 
... wow $300  ... really?  That can't be right.  Can it?  How much did you pay last year??
Just how complicated are your tax filings anyway???
Danielle

Because my job gives us a "health fund" an extra $750 for my healthcare. They explained this makes the bill much higher because the "paperwork" is more... yet I saw the guy just literally check off maybe acouple more boxes and enter "$750". He said their system computes everything but if it was done differently it would take a while.

Danielle it's my first year filing.

•  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Roll on April 13, 2018, 09:04:54 PM

I totally missed this, that is awesome.  I believe I'm at that phase too.

Speaking of, so many things have been going right for me lately.  It feels like this transition journey has been the best choice I've made in years.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Katie Jade

3 month blood test results today, my first ones after starting HRT and AA - T is so low they cant measure it and E at 348 so needs upping a bit. I think the target is 500-700 from my Consultant. Really happy with those results anyway.
Generally happy nowadays anyway. Just need to manage coming out at work fully.... Maybe a few months yet..
Katie

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Artesia

Started yet another promising job.  This one states in it's discrimination policy that gender identity is protected, unlike the other two previous jobs.  My boss likes me, and after 2 days is giving me more hours than I was originally hired for.  I am now a before and after school enrichment counselor.  I get to talk with kindergartners and 1st graders, and help with minor homework, as well as do other things with them.  2 of them have asked if I'm a boy or a girl, most of them just accept me as Ms Labus.  I had to chase one down on my first day as he took off running into an area they were not allowed to go.  I refuse to lose a child, let alone on my first day.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Kendra

Many great accomplishments from the women here. 

And this:
Quote from: Artesia on April 14, 2018, 01:23:18 PM
> Started yet another promising job.  This one states in it's discrimination policy that gender identity is protected
If you have the opportunity, employers that protect gender expression are the best places to work and attract a diverse, ambitious workforce to gain an edge over competitors.  With this policy where I work, coming out was so much easier - I was able to simply show up one day as my true self.  No big meetings or email announcements necessary.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Bari Jo on April 14, 2018, 09:47:00 AM

Speaking of, so many things have been going right for me lately.  It feels like this transition journey has been the best choice I've made in years.

Bari Jo

Same for me! ;D Who would have thought, being ourselves was a good idea.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Bari Jo on April 14, 2018, 09:47:00 AM

Bari Jo

If I had the slightest idea things would work out so well, I would have had the courage to do this a decade or more ago. Life is so wonderful now!
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

davina61

Same for me , just wish my job didn't make me feel so "blokey"
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever