Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Weirdest (In your Opinion) Fears?

Started by Rowena_Ellenweorc, November 02, 2017, 03:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowena_Ellenweorc

Okay, so I was looking at Instagram, and one of my friends' posts reminded me of one of my strangest fears as a kid, that STILL traumatizes me as an adult.  What is it you ask?

The movie Anastasia is one of my all time favorites, but it is also the one that gives me the worst nightmares. To this day, I am scared to death of the 'In the Dark of the Night' scene... You know the scene where Rasputin sings and its all black and green? (Yes... that's really all I remember of the scene itself because after the first watchthrough I always skip that scene.  I can hear the song in my head now as I write this.)

So what's yours?
~Ren

Born May 1989 - Assigned Female
October 2016 - Came out to self/online
Feb/March 2017 - Officially came out to husband
April 2017 - Realized I'm Non-Binary
June 2017 - Started Therapy
August 2017 - Came out to parents
October 2017 - modified FB profile
November 26, 2017 - Came out https://www.facebook.com/notes/karen-ren-losee/please-read/10155966104353223/ on FB

"Walking beside the guilty and the innocent
How will you raise your hand when they call your name?"
- Bon Jovi "We weren't Born to follow"

I am done crying over not being feminine.
I am done griping about being too masculine.
I will be me.
And that's a non-binary being.
I am... ME!

This... is MY story
The story of a girl trapped in a guy's body.
A boy trapped in a girl's body.
No.  Its the story of a... human being.
- From one of my poems
  •  

daltoid37

My weirdest fear is probably being afraid of going rock climbing w a harness. For school, a long time ago, everyone in my gym class was forced to go rock climbing (in a indoor gym), but I could never get further than 1 meter off of the ground. I still am afraid of falling, and high places, to this day.
  •  

Kylo

Having to eat a boiled egg.

I'd rather eat a live cockroach.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Deborah

Really, any horror movie with ghosts scares the crap out of me.  Even when I know it's coming I'll visibly jump in my chair for the scary parts.  That always greatly amused my kids.

The worst one for me was The Haunting (1963 version).  I saw that as a kid and actually threw up twice during the movie.  Afterwards I had nightmares for two years.

Japanese horror such as The Ring and The Grudge is also especially unsettling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •