Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Will I need FFS on my brow bossing?

Started by OpheliaDL, February 10, 2018, 07:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OpheliaDL

Hey everyone!

So I'm getting FFS with Dr. Spiegel in about 1 1/2 years. I am getting mandible contour, tracheal shave and rhinoplasty done. Now, here's the thing. I have a big forehead and it got me thinking about my brow bone. I essentially have two options: leave the brow bone alone and get hair grafts to fix my large forehead, or #2: get forehead reduction surgery, brow bossing surgery, then get hair grafts to cover the scar that would leave. As such, I don't know if I should get brow bossing surgery or not, my brow bone is not prominent at all, but it does have a bump.  Is it clockable, does it made my forehead masculine? Let me know! Thank you!

https://imgur.com/a/D5eiA?
  •  

Dani

With just a quick look at your photos, I would say no to brow surgery. Maybe a little type I brow shaving is all you need.

I really think you need to address the receding hairline now. I trust you are on T blockers and an alpha-5-reductase inhibitor. Those will do more than anything else to stop hair loss. I believe hair transplants are in your future no matter which surgeries you have.
  •  

OpheliaDL

Hey Dani,

Yes I am on T-blockers and Im currently booking hair transplant surgeries as we speak! Do you think my brow is worth getting the surgery done or should I leave it?
  •  

Dani

I do not see any need to type III brow reshaping. If your brow bothers you, then maybe type I shaving is all I would recommend. In my opinion, you do not need anything done to your brow. Your brow is smaller than many cis women.
  •  

SonadoraXVX

I concur, brow bossing type 1, not 2 or 3, and hair graft implants to a feminine hairline. You may need to wait at least 2 years to have hrt do its job, at the minimum, so that way feminization can be complete. What I heard other ladies that have gone this route have said.

YMMV
To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•  

OpheliaDL

Thank you so much for the replies <3

Honestly, the cost, scarring and how invasive the surgery it is don't really appeal to me to be honest, considering as you gals said, my brow is not prominent at all (and I've noticed while watching TV, many women have a prominence in their eyebrows similar or larger than mine).

With regards to my hairline, I don't think HRT will do much tbh. My hairline has been horrible since childhood, it might move up a bit I'm assuming, but I'm not holding my breath. The main reason I want hair implants ASAP is because they shave your donor area and the healing takes months.

•