Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Home lasor devices for hair removal

Started by Shambles, November 25, 2017, 11:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shambles

Anyone tried these pre hormones for m2f?

Theres some decent black friday offers on atm for these. Phillips do a few types. Also some people say they are suitable for men and beards some dont?
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
16th Nov 17 - Came out to myself
7th Jan 18 - Came out to wife
31st Jan 18 - Referred to GIC / might be seen in 2020
Oct 18 - Fully out at one job, part out at another
Nov 18 - Out to close family
  •  

Dena

The members in Hair Removal have discussed this extensively. Laser (not IPL) works pretty good on body hair but results are mixed on facial hair. My opinion is facial hair should be left to an expert to reduce the risk of skin damage. My skin is far from perfect but I was prefer not mark it with improper treatment. My electrolysis left my skin free of treatment marks so the extra money was well worth it.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

big kim

+1, like tattooing & dentistry don't do this at home.
  •  

Shambles

- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
  •  

Megan.

I've got a Philips IPL device that has certainly helped thin my arm and chest hair. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Roll

Here has been what I've gathered: The home IPL devices can work, but very inconsistently, and are extremely time intensive(virtually all have small windows and you will have large clearing areas) which and then requires months before you even know if it is working at all. The small window, self application, and complete ineffectiveness/safety issues when it comes to coarse areas like face makes them impractical for many trans women, as in the best of circumstances you won't even be able to touch some of the biggest areas of concern (face and back). Since you will require some professional clearing no matter what, it's better just to save the money and put it towards a groupon. There are also extra costs, as for the area of coverage you will most likely need it for your bulb will burn out and you will have to buy complete replacements or bulb refills (depending on which models you buy), making them not even a cost effective method.

You can use at home IPL for touch up down the line, or for more traditional feminine clearing like armpits and appendages, but don't count on it for much else.

Personally I still plan to pick up the iLight Quartz cheap when I see it back in the 200 range (price dips on groupon every now and then) just for small areas like arms, hands, feet, and armpits.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

amandam

I've been using the Tria 4X for 3 months once a week. I had to start at level 1, I am now at level 2 for most things, and level 3 sometimes. I take an Advil one hour before I start. It goes faster if you can tolerate a 4-5 level.

I had a few hair on my toes and ~10 on each of my feet. I can feel the hair on my feet slightly so they may be growing slowly, but not my toes. The ones on my toes may have fallen out. I haven't needed to shave these for about a month. I'll keep zapping them for awhile to be sure.

The hairs around my areolas are stubborn. They seem to be taking the longest. But, I'm not sure I get them each time as I try not to hit the areola since it is dark.

The hair on my hands and fingers are getting finer and growing slower. Some grow between treatments, some stay little black dots. I don't know if any have fallen out yet.

So, some progress, but very slow. I am slowly increasing power as I can tolerate it. I feel pain easily. I'm going to keep doing it for 6 months before I say it's worth it.

Out of the closet to family 4-2019
  •  

Shannon14

I used the Tria 4X 4 times a week for 6 months. I treated a different area, on level 5, each time. - arms, legs, back and chest (my wife did the work for me).
It's been a couple of years since I've used it and my arms, chest and back have re-grown completely. My legs are patchy and my armpits have about 30 percent re-growth.
This was all without hrt. I would think it would be more effective without the testosterone poisoning.
  •  

josie76

I bought a Remington IPL. Used in on my face and it did help thin the hair. At first level 1 was enough to bring me to tears. By the third treatment at around 2 months from starting, I was using level 3. After that I could use level 5 which is the devices max setting. (8 joules energy)

The results were not as good as I had hoped but it did help. Each time it did thin down the amount of hairs that would grow back. However I reached a point where no shed would take place after application. The remaining hairs were just too resistant or didn't absorb enough heat to be damaged. Also worth mentioning I had to buy 6 replacement bulbs for it although I did use it to help thin chest and body hair. Some of the bulbs worked much longer than others.

At that point I switched to laser. By thinning my face, only the area around the upper lip and chin were painful enough to wince. The rest of my face feels like nothing compared to just when I started with the IPL on level 1 six months before. I have had three laser treatments since. I need another one but right now coming up with the spare $300 cash is not easy.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Jessica_Rose

I have used one of the Tria units and they do work, but it is slow. I always use it on level 5, anything less that level 4 does not seem to do anything. I have never tried it on facial hair. For body hair it takes a lot of passes before seeing a difference. I have not used it since starting HRT, but I was planning to try it again soon.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

flower1221

Eh they work if your hair is dark and skin is light. It just takes forever and stings more.  Just so it professionally
  •  

Julia1996

My mom has a tria. She used it on her legs for like a year. As far as I know the hair never came back. It wouldn't work for me unfortunately because the hair on my legs is totally white. I did do a couple of zaps on my leg just to see how much it hurt. It felt like being snapped with a rubber band. It never bothered my mom. She would zap her legs with the highest setting and not be bothered at all.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

I have been using my tria and my  98 perecent cheeks are clear my chin is 50 percent my upper lip is 95 percent i just have to start on my neck to chin that hurt so much I did most of my face on 3 and 4 I did do 5 but it blistered
  •  

amandam

It's been about five months. I'm now using the Tria at Level 3. I've also back downed to once every two weeks instead of every week. On my feet, only on one big toe do some of the hairs seems to grow, but very slow. I think the rest are gone. For my armpits, I'm zapping about half the area to get a more fem pattern. Those areas are growing real slow also. For my chest, the hairs seem to be gone, or extremely slow growing. On my hands, a lot has stayed gone. On my fingers, only a few strays are growing slowly, but there's still a lot of "black dots" like the hairs are there but not growing nor falling out. My areola hairs are slow growing but stubborn. So, progress. Hopefully, I can take level 4 soon.
  •  

Shambles

I brought the phillips lumina, should come this morning. Cant wait !

You have to shave all hair off just before dont you?
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
  •  

amandam

•  

plastic-mayhem

I have a IPL device called the Flash n' Go and it's thinned my hair remarkably
  •  

Itsdone

I am fully transitioned.  I would say out of everything getting rid of facial hair was the most painful and cost me about 20,000 bucks going to Dallas every six weeks.. Hurt like hell.. It also left me with a little bit of ripple effect in the chin and handle bar area that I did not have prior to that.
I had a very heavy beard so that is probably to be expected.
I was due to go back and decided instead to try the Tria 4X.
It was a miracle for me.
I have fair skin and dark hairs and use it on level 5. 
It is not recommended for heavy beards because of the density and could harm you.  However after removing most my hair with electrolysis it seems to be fine to use now

It helped so much. Now I can dry shave and my skin is soft as a baby's butt. 
I wish I had gotten one and used all this time on my chest hairs.  Live and learn.
For me it is a game changer.. I found one barely used for just 200 bucks and I love love love it.
I can treat myself since I don't have back hair.. Estrogen killed all that thank God.

I seriously must say I went through 100 times more pain doing electrolysis than I did with FFS, GRS and body shaping.  But it had to be done..
If you are going to transition I think it is the first thing to start with right away.. I waited over a year after I started hormones not knowing how hard it would be.

Love and Light kids.
  •  

Shambles

Starting to see results now after 4 weeks of using the ipl but my question is the little holes that hair comes up from, after they shed do these disapear? How long before they go?
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
  •