Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are your most hated foods?

Started by Julia1996, February 19, 2018, 08:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

Quote from: Aspiringperson on February 20, 2018, 10:08:34 AM
@ kitchentablepotpourri:   YES, I AGREE, some of those so called "foods" would gag a maggot.  He puts stuff in his mouth that I wouldn't hold in my hand.

Oh I agree. He eats some totally disgusting stuff. My brother watched it with me once and his opinion was " oh wow. That dude isn't right". Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Sephirah on February 20, 2018, 01:29:16 AM
Chocolate. The smell alone is nauseating. To a lesser extent a lot of sweet things. Ice cream, cakes, biscuits etc.

I'm also really not fond of garlic.
What! I'd be rail thin if I didnt like and didn't eat chocolate and sweets

I like everything if it's cooked properly except tongue. Also tuna fish isn't my favorite because I used to eat it bland to lose weight the summer before high school... I was stupid then lol. Being overweight had actually helped me not masculinize as fast, I think? Now I have a stomach to show for it though lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: kaitylynn on February 20, 2018, 09:47:43 AM
LOL, no.  I have used sweet potato and some varieties of squash as meat substitutes when cooking vege lasagna...
I've used diced bell peppers to replace the meat. Red, green, yellow, and orange.  Guess now I could call it rainbow pepper lasagna

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Anne Blake

I spent a lot of time in Asia for work so the list goes: monkey brains, things that are still alive and moving, stinky tofu (considerable different than "Normal" tofu), black eggs for breakfast, shark fin (good tasting but so ethically wrong for me), sea cucumbers aren't great, durian (fruit that tastes ok but stinks to high heaven). The worst that I ever tried but couldn't get into my mouth was a vegetable medley served aboard the aircraft carrier the Enterprise.
  •  

Gertrude

Many of you hate similar things...that I love. Mayo is one, cilantro is another, but that's genetic. Pickles and coconut, yum. I like salt, not as much sweet and texture/smell matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 20, 2018, 08:16:24 AM
Tuna in potato salad????? That's wrong on every level and criminal! I've put crumbled bacon in potato salad but tuna? Yarf! ! [emoji37][emoji37]
Peas too

•  

Gertrude

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 20, 2018, 09:30:59 AM
So I guess no eggplant lasagna for you. Lol
Lasagna isn't popular in my family (I'm half Italian), but we eat eggplant. Lots of other things too. Dads family was from around Naples. Sunday sauce rocks. Meatballs, sausage and braciole cooked in the sauce. Spaghetti or ziti most of the time. I prefer ziti. I like sausage and ground pork in  lasagna.

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Anne Blake on February 20, 2018, 02:42:52 PM
I spent a lot of time in Asia for work so the list goes: monkey brains, things that are still alive and moving, stinky tofu (considerable different than "Normal" tofu), black eggs for breakfast, shark fin (good tasting but so ethically wrong for me), sea cucumbers aren't great, durian (fruit that tastes ok but stinks to high heaven). The worst that I ever tried but couldn't get into my mouth was a vegetable medley served aboard the aircraft carrier the Enterprise.

Monkey brains???????!!!!!! OMG a million times NO!!! Ewwwwwwwwwwww!  Yarf!!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Maddie86

I can't do raw tomatoes or mushrooms. I also really dislike fish and any seafood, but I can do crab cakes.
  •  

Violet s

For me its liver disgusting on so many levels just thinking about it makes me want to well you get it... Mcdonalds hamburgers are the biggest culprits its all that I can taste in them. Yuck!!!
  •  

Mary1

Quote from: TonyaW on February 20, 2018, 02:23:22 PM
I've used diced bell peppers to replace the meat. Red, green, yellow, and orange.  Guess now I could call it rainbow pepper lasagna

When did you make that?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Mary1 on February 21, 2018, 10:49:23 PM
When did you make that?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Everytime I've made meatless lasagna. Quote possibly the last time; its been a while since I made any type. 

•  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Chelsea

For me its Black olives, Black eyed peas, Hominy, Licorice, Calamari or octopus.
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Deborah

Quote from: Violet s on February 21, 2018, 05:05:02 AM
For me its liver disgusting on so many levels just thinking about it makes me want to well you get it... Mcdonalds hamburgers are the biggest culprits its all that I can taste in them. Yuck!!!
Liver has lately become one of my favorites.  I agree though that it doesn't smell very good while it's cooking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Deborah on March 04, 2018, 12:10:36 PM
Liver has lately become one of my favorites.  I agree though that it doesn't smell very good while it's cooking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you Deborah, Liver can be very strong, tough and not the best thing on your dinner plate...
... BUT if you can find some fresh mild beef Liver, it can be quite tender and tasty if you slice it thin and cook it with onions and bacon... mmm, mmm, good.
I grew up on a cattle ranch/farm, we ate a lot of our home grown beef (liver too) and had good fresh veggies from the garden.
Aspiringperson
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Chelsea1807 on March 04, 2018, 11:59:10 AM
For me its Black olives, Black eyed peas, Hominy, Licorice, Calamari or octopus.

@ chelsea1807:   I agree with about "hating" the foods that you listed EXCEPT Black Olives and Licorice... I love both of those but not together of course.  As a kid, I did what most kids did with pitted olives... they ended up on the tips of my fingers!!!!
Aspiringperson

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: TonyaW on February 22, 2018, 07:52:04 AM
Everytime I've made meatless lasagna. Quote possibly the last time; its been a while since I made any type. 

@ TonyaW:  I love a good Lasagna... moist with lots of ricotta cheese...
...AND for me it MUST have meat... Italian sausage or at least hamburger. 
Lasagna is one of my "go-to" casserole dishes that I make when I am entertaining company.
Aspiringperson

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Maddie86 on February 20, 2018, 06:03:45 PM
I can't do raw tomatoes or mushrooms. I also really dislike fish and any seafood, but I can do crab cakes.

@ Maddie86: I will take the raw tomatoes and mushrooms that you do not want... I will put them on my salad.

It sure would be a boring world if we all liked the same foods or hated the same foods. It is nice that we have so many choices and can choose what we like to eat.
Aspiringperson

•  

Maddie86

Quote from: Aspiringperson on March 04, 2018, 02:47:49 PM
@ Maddie86: I will take the raw tomatoes and mushrooms that you do not want... I will put them on my salad.

oh good! let's grab dinner soon!
  •