News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Chelsea's Transition Adventure

Started by Chelsea, February 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Hi Chelsea,

It is nice to see you in another photo. Redhead this time huh? It is a good look for you too. I think I am a little partial to the darker hair though. I mean first impressions and all. sigh But I have come to understand that woman have a need to change things up. Sometimes I think it's done for shock value. I remember one time my ex went to the beauty salon and came home with a MASS of curls on her head. She literally peeked around the open door to ask if it was okay to come in. It was a shock, but it was funny too that she was not sure how I would react to it. But then her apprehension was understandable given how much of a domineering, controlling  jerk I was back then. I have many many regrets that haunt me from those times that should have been good times.
   Teal huh? You younger ladies can rock those colors but not us old biddies. Its pinks and reds for me. Given that premise your nails do look nice. And as always girl, if it floats your boat, go for it with gusto! Life should be lived for love, joy and happiness.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Donna

Quote from: Laurie on February 23, 2018, 08:44:09 PM
Oh my dear Chelsea pink sketchers in a gas station... let me tell you about the Time I filled up my pickup at a busy truck stop/ gsa station 3 or 4 states away from home.....

"The rest of the trip to Missouri would have been uneventful had I not locked myself out of my truck. There is one distinct advantage men have over women... Pockets! Had I been traveling in male mode this would not have happened. My wallet would have been in one pocket and my keys in another. I also probably not have been locking the doors because my purse was being left inside the truck.
  I had plannned on paying at the pump, pumping my gas, and driving off down the road again. Locking the keys inside with me on the outside sort of put a crimp in those plans. So there I was having to perform the classic damsel in distress play in real life. How embarrassing! Having to go inside and explain my predicament to  one person who led me to another that dialed a phone for me so I could get the locksmith to come unlock the truck. I explained he would be looking for a woman and described my pickup for him. I then went back outside after thanking the people that helped me and waited beside the truck in the very busy gas station until he arrived and let me back in. It was not the kind of real world female experience I was looking for. *sigh*  But as you can tell I survived it."

Hugs,
   Laurie
Not exactly the same experianc efor me but ive only been fully dressing for couple months now and only for certain things. I am 24/7 now. Anyways i had gone to my doctors for a 07:00 appointment and i called home to see how my wife was doing. She informed my she needed smoke and asked if i could stop and grab some. So im fully fem and uncertain about adding more adventures but decided to stop at the first 7/11 i came upon. Wouldnt you know it it was packed with people heading to work ond here i am fully dressed fem but still sporting my beard and moustache. Figured what the heck and in i went. Got in line and bought the smokes and of course the deep voice drew even more looks. I survived without a comment or issue and the world did not end. That's when i decided full time was now time and the facial hair disappeared.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Chelsea

Quote from: Laurie on February 24, 2018, 02:49:51 PM
Hi Chelsea,

It is nice to see you in another photo. Redhead this time huh? It is a good look for you too. I think I am a little partial to the darker hair though. I mean first impressions and all. sigh But I have come to understand that woman have a need to change things up. Sometimes I think it's done for shock value. I remember one time my ex went to the beauty salon and came home with a MASS of curls on her head. She literally peeked around the open door to ask if it was okay to come in. It was a shock, but it was funny too that she was not sure how I would react to it. But then her apprehension was understandable given how much of a domineering, controlling  jerk I was back then. I have many many regrets that haunt me from those times that should have been good times.
   Teal huh? You younger ladies can rock those colors but not us old biddies. Its pinks and reds for me. Given that premise your nails do look nice. And as always girl, if it floats your boat, go for it with gusto! Life should be lived for love, joy and happiness.

Hugs,
  Laurie

My natural hair color is red but its a dark auburn red. Not "Ronald McDonald Red" like the one in the photo. Its just a cheap cosplay wig. I like the darker color too. I need to find a good lace wig until my natural hair grows. Its only about
2 inches long so, It's going to be a long wait. The silly choker is just to hide the ugly thing in the middle of my throat.
I hate my adams apple and can't wait to have that awful thing removed.

As far as the nail polish goes, its actually Createx Air brush paint. I used to airbrush a little. It washes off under hot water in just a few seconds. Its good for people like me that has not "came out" to everyone just yet. LOL

Hugs,
        Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Laurie

Donna,

Oh my! Spouses do ask us to do things for them at the most opportune times don't they. I don't think I could have done what you did at that stage. Kudos to you for doing it.

Chelsea,

Oh yes girl I know all about the quick change times. I cross dressed up until I discovered I was trans and could transition in Dec of 2016. Lipstick was also my problem getting off. Did you know even the pale pinks can stain your lips red? I've even used cigarette ashes to try and make it less noticeable.
  I have a cheap cosplay wig that I actually like and used to wear before this one. It had a very light lavender tint to it. Then I put up a picture of the one I have on in my avatar and everyone like it better so I wear it now.
  This is the other on.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Chelsea

So tomorrow is my first appointment and the nerves are starting to show themselves. I have not been able
to work today because of it. The reality of what I'm about to get into is coming and it's scary. I have been thinking
the "I'm I doing the right thing?" all day. I have no doubt that I am transgender but I guess most people feel this way
when starting transition.

Wish me luck everyone. :)

Hugs,
         Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Donna

Quote from: Chelsea1807 on February 25, 2018, 03:42:26 PM
So tomorrow is my first appointment and the nerves are starting to show themselves. I have not been able
to work today because of it. The reality of what I'm about to get into is coming and it's scary. I have been thinking
the "I'm I doing the right thing?" all day. I have no doubt that I am transgender but I guess most people feel this way
when starting transition.

Best wishes and good luck. Hoping for the best for you girl and you can do it.
Lots of love Donna

Hugs,
         Chelsea
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
October T 14.8 / 456
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
March T 7.4 / 236
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Chelsea1807 on February 25, 2018, 03:42:26 PMI have no doubt that I am transgender but I guess most people feel this way when starting transition.

I think every one of us who are ahead of you on this road have been where you are and know exactly how you feel.  And we all wish you good luck.  You'll be fine.  :)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

bobbisue

I was soooooo nervous when I started to transition in may of 2017 now I would never even consider going back not even for 1 second  I wish you luck the road ahead is rough but the skies are blue

bobbisue :)
[ gotta be me everyone else is taken ]
started HRT june 16 2017              
Out to all my family Oct 21 2017 no rejections
Fulltime Dec 9 2017 ahead of schedule
First pass Dec 11 2017
  •  

Laurie

Yes Chelsea as those before me have said  what you are feeling are the butterflies in your tummy and the squirrels in you head. They pester all of us at various times. You can do this Hun and you will be fine.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

JulieAllana

Let us know how it went ASAP!  I am dying to know ;)
1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

Donna

No kidding about the darn squirrels
They can really be bothersome clambering around in the head
October T 14.8 / 456
March T 7.4 / 236

[/
  •  

Chelsea

I'm going to start with the bad news first. I wake up early and not five minutes after that my mother calls.
She wasn't feeling well. I run her to the emergency room and they said she could have had a mild stroke.
I stayed there and was just about to cancel my therapy appointment. The doctor came in and said he is
going to give her some medicine to help prevent it from happening again. She has to stay the night just as
a precaution. I think she is going to be fine.

Good News Time

I rushed home to get ready for the appointment. I still managed to get there early. The therapist was very cool.
I have never been to any therapy and had no idea that her office was going to look like a smoke out lounge. lol
The lights were dim. The walls were olive green and there was a sofa the size of my car to sit on. All I need was
a bag of chips and drink. I sit down and told her my life story and that was fun. I'm not going to great detail about it.
She did give me info of someone in the area that can help me with voice training and how to carry myself as a female.
OK I saved the best for last.  I got my letter today after the very first visit!!  I am calling to setup my first
appointment with the doctor tomorrow.   :)

Hugs,
       Chelsea   :)

Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Laurie

Hi Girlfriend,

It is always worrying when our parents get sick and need to be taken to the hospital.. It's scary when it is you too I can tell you that. I've had a few hospital days myself. It does sound like the doctors thinks she will be okay, He has probably prescribed a blood thinner. I've taken one for awhile. They told me I may have had a micro stroke.  and that is what they gave me for awhile and look how I turned out... crazy as a loon. lol

YAY!! On the good news Chelsea. It is happening you are going to start your very own journey soon. You should be happy! Celebrate hun just do it responsibly and safely. I'd be careful on the metaphors though I could be that kid gorging myself on mince pies. There could be repercussions, I have hunted people down you know. Ask HappyMienei. (or whatever her name is.
  Anywho Congrats girl!

Hug,
   Laurie

•  

islandgirl

Sorry to hear about you Mom! Early intervention really helps and it sounds like you got here where she needed to be!

Congrats on your session! You are on your way! Enjoy the ride!
  •  

deanna7506

Sorry for your mom. Glad you were there for her. Congratulations on your therapy session.

Deanna
  •  

Chelsea

Thank you everyone for the nice comments. :)

I have my appointment with my endocrinologist next Wednesday the 7th!
I could have my meds buy late next week!   :)

Hugs,
          Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Chelsea

Well, I just had a long conversation with my sister and told her everything. She was not expecting that.
She was totally supportive of my decision to transition and she was fine having a younger sister. :)
I was so worried about telling her but I'm glad it went well. I still have a few more to go.

Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Jessica

Chelsea, sorry about your mother, I hope she is feeling better!
I am happy that you are moving down the list of people, soon that list will end and you can just be you.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Laurie

Chelsea girl you are on the moooove! Coming out to friends and family can be so stressful and sometimes they don't go well so it is great when they do. As one that hasn't had that much good luck with it, I can tell you it can really hut. There are many though that have had almost all their comings out in the good category. I hope all of yours are goo hun.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

JulieAllana

Keep it up girl, next you'll be out on Facebook to the world!!  ;)

Julie
1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•