News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Chelsea's Transition Adventure

Started by Chelsea, February 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pamelatransuk

Quote from: Chelsea on July 15, 2018, 08:40:31 PM

Now that the bad news is over, I have been feeling great this last week. The dysphoria has not bugged me one time and I have seen some pretty girls that normally would have triggered me but so far so good. Me being able to see that womanly shape starting has made me so happy and I think has helped my confidence.

Hugs,
          Chelsea

Thank you for your update, Chelsea. I see you have had some ups and downs.

I just thought I would highlight the above paragraph.

I can see you are feeling much better - great as you say - and that you are making plans.

You are well motivated. You continue to overcome obstacles.

I am so happy for you.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Chelsea on July 16, 2018, 08:11:51 AM
Thank you Julie, Jayne, Sophie.
     I'm am positive about everything. The only thing that worries me is that, its not hit yet about me and Alivia. Shes still here. When she actually leaves and I am sitting alone it night is what I'm afraid of. I'm a very lonely person anyway.
I'm scared because It might make me grab the first person that just comes along, and that's not good. I'm fine right now, and was just sharing some of my thoughts with you girls hoping for some advise.
  I really like Kristen a lot. You all know my name is Charles for now. As Charles I was or am very confident in myself. Even though I hated my looks like the last 30 or so years, I did get a few complements over the years and that helped me develop the confidence I have now.
Now the game changer..... Kristen likes Chelsea. As Chelsea I am very insecure, a complete opposite of Charles. Insecurity is unattractive. I am a lost puppy when it comes to this now. How do I get that confidence back when I'm Chelsea???? I have to feel good about Chelsea to have that confidence and I just don't yet. I am happy the way its going, its just I'm not there yet. Also I have noticed that talking to Kristen is different than a cis woman. Its just different and I wish I knew how to describe it. I like her a lot but have no idea how to win her over.
    I really am going through a second puberty, I feel like the first time I ask a girl out for a date. (It was a disaster!) lol
OK girls theirs my story so give me some pointers on how to approach this. lol

Hugs,
           Chelsea
Chelsea, this is probably not what you want to hear, but my advice is to not actively pursue Kristen. As you said, the break up with Alivia has not hit you yet. That will most likely happen after she moves out and you won't be in the best state of mind to start a new relationship. You are also still finding your way as Chelsea. Kristen sounds like a great friend. My suggestion is to let nature take its own course. Continue developing your confidence as Chelsea and your friendship with Kristen. Don't try to force a relationship to happen. Work on just being friends for now. If anything develops from that in the future then great. If it doesn't, then you still have a good friendship.

That is my 2 cents worth. You have my best wishes.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jayne01 on July 16, 2018, 10:07:13 AM
Dear Chelsea, this is probably not what you want to hear, but my advice is to not actively pursue Kristen. As you said, the break up with Alivia has not hit you yet. That will most likely happen after she moves out and you won't be in the best state of mind to start a new relationship. You are also still finding your way as Chelsea. Kristen sounds like a great friend. My suggestion is to let nature take its own course. Continue developing your confidence as Chelsea and your friendship with Kristen. Don't try to force a relationship to happen. Work on just being friends for now. If anything develops from that in the future then great. If it doesn't, then you still have a good friendship.

That is my 2 cents worth. You have my best wishes.

Hugs,
Jayne

@Chelsea....   the advice that @Jayne01 just gave to you regarding Kristen is exactly what I would suggest also.  You don't need any kind of distraction with a "rebound" crush as you are trudging forward trying to solve your other more pressing and more immediate issues in your life.   ....   and if and when you may pursue a relationship with Kristen I would suggest that you take it very slow.   I get the feeling that while you have fallen head or heels in love with her... that she may not share the very same feelings for you... perhaps, as I read "between the lines" that she is quite pleased with you as just a friends with benefits...   so, again, develop that relationship slowly and if it looks like a dead end road as far as a mutual romance (and the ensuing extra financial burden that you can not afford) then it would be easier to cut it off now instead of later.... easy to say, but difficult to do... I know.

Also, while your breakup with your live-in girlfriend Alivia is no doubt still heavy on your mind, I am glad you made the decision that you did.... as you had previously mentioned, your relationship for the last many years has not been romantic at all, in fact she has just been a room-mate that you have had to support with your time and your less than inadequate finances.   Hopefully you will help to get her settled elsewhere soon so you can trim that extra and superfluous burden of financial overhead that you can no longer afford...  how soon do you think that will be that you can get her settle elsewhere... what do you think??

Just my opinions as a caring friend... that is all.

Thank you so very much for giving us your latest goings-on in your life...  for the good news we will rejoice with you, and for the not so good news we can send our support and offer our suggestions if you wish to receive them.

Hugs and well wishes to you as always.
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

maybesoph

Chelsea,

Jayne and Danielle have summed it up perfectly, your getting straight and feeling positive & I would be concentrating on being Chelsea first.
Also although Alivia and yourself truly finished a while ago, she's still at your home for now and it could quickly sour things if she sees you pursuing someone else.
I think there's truth in the saying that true love only finds you when you're not actually looking for it x

Sophie

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

•  

KathyLauren

I am glad things are going well and that you are in good spirits, Chelsea.  Sorry to hear about your breakup with Alivia, but it is good that you will remain friends.

Listen to Jayne and Danielle about jumping into a new relationship too quickly.  I think you probably know the danger already.

Congratulations on getting your friend's loan paid back!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Chelsea

Thank all of you for the reply's. Its not really what I wanted to hear but I know your right. This really sucks, I mean how many more things can possibly go wrong?? It is really ridiculous the amount of things that has happened to me lately.
I will just take it easy and see where it goes with me and Kristen. If anything changes I will let you all know whats going on.

Hugs,
        Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Chelsea on July 16, 2018, 06:01:29 PM
Thank all of you for the reply's. Its not really what I wanted to hear but I know your right. This really sucks, I mean how many more things can possibly go wrong?? It is really ridiculous the amount of things that has happened to me lately.
I will just take it easy and see where it goes with me and Kristen. If anything changes I will let you all know whats going on.

Hugs,
        Chelsea

@Chelsea
Dear Chelsea:
Sometimes... as in this time with you.... the best and most well meaning advice is not what one wants to hear.  The old saying "no pain, no gain" just might apply here.
Please continue getting all of your issues straightened out....  if you get overwhelmed then just approach each issue One at a Time.,..

We are all rooting for you and please keep keeping on... one step at a time.... you will see progress but just like your HRT, not all at once and not as fast as you would like.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Chelsea on July 16, 2018, 06:01:29 PM

Hugs,
        Chelsea
Chelsea, do not think of it as something going wrong. Think of it as going about it in a thought out manner. Slow and steady will get you there. It is like when you machine a piece of hardened steel, you make small, incremental adjustments to the machining tool, rather than dive right in and attempt to remove 3" of material in one pass. A high quality product is achieved with a delicate approach.

If anything meaningful is to develop between you and Kristen, it will happen by taking things slowly.

Take care of yourself.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Jayne01 on July 16, 2018, 06:27:34 PM
Chelsea, do not think of it as something going wrong. Think of it as going about it in a thought out manner. Slow and steady will get you there. It is like when you machine a piece of hardened steel, you make small, incremental adjustments to the machining tool, rather than dive right in and attempt to remove 3" of material in one pass. A high quality product is achieved with a delicate approach.

If anything meaningful is to develop between you and Kristen, it will happen by taking things slowly.

Take care of yourself.

Hugs,
Jayne

Hi Jayne,                      18 July 2018

You look absolutely ravishing in your avatar. Fantastic progression.

Hi Chelsea,                   Still 18 July 2018

Lots of good advice from all the above members. Pay attention to what they are telling you.

Sorry for your breakup; they happen and are a part of reality.

You are on the rebound, not a good time to develop a new love interest. Right now would be a great time to concentrate on reestablishing your business relationships and developing new ones. Without money, dinero, etc. you can't do squat, (not my choice of word, I prefer profanity). That should be one of your top priorities. Our lives here at Susan's Place are, to a degree, "Fantasy Land." We exist and live in the real world and that requires work and money.

One nice thing about living in this country: We are free to destroy our own lives by not paying attention to good advice and by making poor choices. I've been there and done that; slowly and fortunately I came to the realization that I was headed for disaster. Before it was too late, I started to pay attention to those with sounder heads than mine. It didn't turn around overnight but did work out very well.

You are quite young and time is still on your side... for the time being; don't waste it because you cannot get it back.

Still caring for you as much as always; my hope for you is for you to be a success in all aspects of life, To accomplish it, you need to have realistic priorities and they must be in the proper order.

Best Always, All My Love Always,
Christine

PS:
You're free to discard anything and everything I, and everyone else, have said; it's still a free country and it's your choice to make.... :) :) :)  You know how to contact me if the need arises.
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Chelsea

I figured I would jump in here and give all of you something to laugh about. lol What do I do when I feel like crap??  I go out and buy something to wear.(only $9 for both) I got my very first pink shirt and a cute pair of shorts today and was gonna share. I tried to get more of me in the pic but my arm will only reach so far. Also I wanted to show all of you what happens now when I take the wig off. I know I look completely hideous. This is the first time any of you has seen me without a wig. lol..... My hair has never been over a half inch most of my life and this is all new to me. Its not long enough to put into a ponytail yet so the picture below is what happens. lol About half of it that has receded is growing back and is about 1 inch long already. The rest of my hair is 5 inches now so I cant wait for this stuff to be really long. Everything is so slow and I hate wearing a wig.

Sorry about the Adams apple. It will be gone soon. lol

Hugs,
        Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

islandgirl

Thanks for sharing Chelsea! Good for you going out and buying some the top and shorts! You are so cute! Love your cheek bones! Your hair is growing! Soon you can style it into what ever cute style you want! You also look so happy!

Hugs,
Kelly
  •  

Chelsea

Quote from: islandgirl on July 19, 2018, 05:49:36 PM
Thanks for sharing Chelsea! Good for you going out and buying some the top and shorts! You are so cute! Love your cheek bones! Your hair is growing! Soon you can style it into what ever cute style you want! You also look so happy!

Hugs,
Kelly

Thank you Kelly!   I'm a long way from 18 inches and that's my goal. I will feel better once its long enough to curl. I am trying to make myself happy by just staying occupied. I still get down very easy.

Hugs,
     Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Chelsea on July 19, 2018, 05:37:50 PM
I figured I would jump in here and give all of you something to laugh about. lol What do I do when I feel like crap??  I go out and buy something to wear.(only $9 for both) I got my very first pink shirt and a cute pair of shorts today and was gonna share. I tried to get more of me in the pic but my arm will only reach so far. Also I wanted to show all of you what happens now when I take the wig off. I know I look completely hideous. This is the first time any of you has seen me without a wig. lol..... My hair has never been over a half inch most of my life and this is all new to me. Its not long enough to put into a ponytail yet so the picture below is what happens. lol About half of it that has receded is growing back and is about 1 inch long already. The rest of my hair is 5 inches now so I cant wait for this stuff to be really long. Everything is so slow and I hate wearing a wig.

Sorry about the Adams apple. It will be gone soon. lol

Hugs,
        Chelsea

Dear Chelsea,                    19 July 2018

You are beautiful in both photos. I think you are absolutely stunning in the photo with your natural hair. Quit apologizing for things that don't need any apologies.

If I were a young person, I'd be camping on your door step trying to get a date with you. Fortunately for you, I'm way too old for you; I'm about 53 years older than you look; I'll be 78 in a few days.

Pink is a great color for you; it really adds to your femininity. Please take good care of yourself.

Best Always, All My Love, Always,
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Chelsea

Quote from: christinej78 on July 19, 2018, 06:00:36 PM
Dear Chelsea,                    19 July 2018

You are beautiful in both photos. I think you are absolutely stunning in the photo with your natural hair. Quit apologizing for things that don't need any apologies.

If I were a young person, I'd be camping on your door step trying to get a date with you. Fortunately for you, I'm way too old for you; I'm about 53 years older than you look; I'll be 78 in a few days.

Pink is a great color for you; it really adds to your femininity. Please take good care of yourself.

Best Always, All My Love, Always,
Christine

Thank you Christine. I will be a lot happier with my own hair. I just cant do anything with it yet. lol

Hugs,
       Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Chelsea
Dear Chelsea:  Hey girl, thanks for your update.... and for posting your pics.... frankly you 2nd picture without the wig is NOT hideous at all, actually a hair stylist might be able to make it look like cute pixie cut at the length that you hair is already.

Your brows and your face look absolutely terrific...
... and for $9 you now have a cute summer outfit.

Consider going to a hair salon and ask what they can do with your hair length the way it is... you just might be surprised... and you might be able to skip the wig... wigs are awfully uncomfortable anyway in any weather... but summer time is brutal.

Again, Chelsea, you are looking very good.... thanks for your update.
Hugs and well wishes as always,
Danielle

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 19, 2018, 06:13:38 PM
@Chelsea
Dear Chelsea:  Hey girl, thanks for your update.... and for posting your pics.... frankly you 2nd picture without the wig is NOT hideous at all, actually a hair stylist might be able to make it look like cute pixie cut at the length that you hair is already.

Your brows and your face look absolutely terrific...
... and for $9 you now have a cute summer outfit.

Consider going to a hair salon and ask what they can do with your hair length the way it is... you just might be surprised... and you might be able to skip the wig... wigs are awfully uncomfortable anyway in any weather... but summer time is brutal.

Again, Chelsea, you are looking very good.... thanks for your update.
Hugs and well wishes as always,
Danielle

Danielle, I think by the time I'm ready to go out in public it should be long enough. A lot of my hair is coming back and I'm kind of excited if a stylist can fix it to where I can put off my hair transplant for a while?? I really don't want to wear the wig in public anyway.  Thank you for posting. :) O..... my brows have never been done yet and the ones in the pics I do with makeup. I cant wait to have them done by a pro.

Hugs,
       Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Dena

Shorter hair works pretty well with your face and as  long as style pulls your hair forward over your forehead, you should be able to pull male fail off. A pixy might be a little short but I think if your hair is cut right, you can ditch the wig. Seeing you live a somewhat physical life at work a shorter cut might be more practical and a bit cooler.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Laurie

Hi Girlfriend,

Well what can I say? It already been said the pink top (it's a top not a shirt) and shorts look good on you. Pink is definitely a good color for you. And as been said several times, you look good in Both pictures. There is no "hideous" so lose that word, you are not it. Your own hair though a bit messy looking has real possibilities if you learn how to style it as Dena pointed out. You look cute with the clothes and the color of your own hair.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Sonja

@Chelsea - your natural hair is PERFECT for a pixie cut!!! and you can keep growing it out longer. I'm completely serious - your own hair has got great potential right now for styling. Your brows look great!  Love your pink shirt and short shorts!
see here for ideas.
https://thecuddl.com/pixie-haircut-ideas/

Looking good!

Sonja.
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Wow Chelsea!  You look great in both photos, but I really like your natural look.  Wow!  I love the color of your hair. 

The pink looks good on you!  I don't see "hideous" anywhere. 
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •