News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Chelsea's Transition Adventure

Started by Chelsea, February 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GingerVicki

Quote from: Chelsea on September 20, 2018, 09:00:38 AM
@gingerViktorKay thank you for the nice words. I do realize that and I have had people tell me the same thing. Most of what you are seeing is a lot of makeup and they are selfies. My body proportions are way off and I dont look like a woman yet and that's my issue.

Hugs,
          Chelsea

I know how you feel. I really don't want to be andro, but I have no choice.
My issue is that now I have to rock a goatee while I get electrolysis. It makes me feel so bad.  :(
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

I agree with @Alaskan Danielle about the presence of an Adam's Apple. 

"Look around, there are cis-women walking around out there that may appear to have something that could look like an Adams Apple."

My therapist told me several times mine wasn't large and I realized she was correct, once I started to look around for that attribute in women my age.  In full disclosure I eventually had surgery to lessen it, but even my surgeon said it wasn't large.  It just was to me but I needed not to fret over it.  I think the mannerisms and movements are probably bigger "tells" because even a woman who is masculine for the most part still walks like a women. 

This in between time is the hardest.  Its a test.  You're doing well. 
Judi 
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Chelsea

Happy Update

The ones that follow me know that my brother has been fighting cancer for quite some time. He has gone through so many treatments. A few months back they finally got his insurance to approve proton therapy. He had small cell lung cancer witch doesn't have that good of a survival rate. He finished all of his treatments about three weeks ago. The last few days he had to go to three different doctors to asses his progress and all three doctors have to agree before they give him the results. I am very happy to report (with my eyes tearing up as I type) that my brother is in full remission and is cancer free!
     They are going to give him small radiation treatments on his brain because this type of cancer sometimes moves to the brain and they said its just for a precaution. I haven't seen him in the mood he was in last night in years. I know this post has nothing to do with me or my transition but had to let everyone know. Even though I got a big taste of how cruel the world is last weekend, this news has made me want to pick myself up and give it another go. Im just going to be a little more picky about where I go until I get the hang of it.

Hugs,
          Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Chelsea on September 21, 2018, 01:59:13 PM
Happy Update

The ones that follow me know that my brother has been fighting cancer for quite some time. He has gone through so many treatments. A few months back they finally got his insurance to approve proton therapy. He had small cell lung cancer witch doesn't have that good of a survival rate. He finished all of his treatments about three weeks ago. The last few days he had to go to three different doctors to asses his progress and all three doctors have to agree before they give him the results. I am very happy to report (with my eyes tearing up as I type) that my brother is in full remission and is cancer free!
     They are going to give him small radiation treatments on his brain because this type of cancer sometimes moves to the brain and they said its just for a precaution. I haven't seen him in the mood he was in last night in years. I know this post has nothing to do with me or my transition but had to let everyone know. Even though I got a big taste of how cruel the world is last weekend, this news has made me want to pick myself up and give it another go. Im just going to be a little more picky about where I go until I get the hang of it.

Hugs,
          Chelsea

@Chelsea
Dear Chelsea: 
Wow, this is terrific news....  isn't nice after all the not so good updates and things happening in your life that you have something very good to report.... 

I can just about see your happy an bubbling mood as I read your "Happy Update"

I am so glad for your brother and your immediate family.....  thanks for sharing with us.
Hugs and continued well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Jayne01

This is such wonderful news. I am so happy for your brother, you and the rest of your family.
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Chelsea thank you sharing a part of your life.  While it may not be transition related, it related to you and your wellbeing, as we know you care for your brother.  I hope all continues to go well for him.
Judi
In living every day.
  •  

Faith

@Chelsea

Absolutely you should share the news ... shout it from rooftops (but please, get dressed first) ... positive news like this should be shared as much as possible.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Chelsea

Worked a long time on coloring my natural hair this weekend. No more grey! We used the same colors as the wig even with highlights.
Do you girls think I am good for round two in public? I'm going to keep trying this even though I feel like im going to fail.
I can do a great female walk but Its hard to focus on it when I'm nervous and im sure I will goof it up. I still think I am a few years from passing but I will try this again. Can I pull off short hair?  I hate short hair but its all I got at the moment until it grows out and the wig attracts to much attention I think. I don't know what to think, I just want to pass. lol

Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

JulieAllana

I'm so proud of you for wanting to get back on the horse!  I think you will rock it with your short hair.  I would suggest going someplace where you don't have to be self-conscious where people are mostly going about their own business and not paying attention to others.  It may seem counter-intuitive, but a place where there are lots of people like the mall where others aren't really looking at other people but being self-absorbed in their shopping experience.  With the right body language and your feminine body shape people will tend to see what is presented to them without a second glance. 

I went to a whole foods once and I was so freakin' nervous, but I just went about my shopping like I belonged there and no one paid me any mind, not even the cashier.

Julie
1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

Faith

From the pictures, there is no question in my mind. You look great. Picture 2 & 3 are a bit dark but #1 shows it real well. Go knock'm dead.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Chelsea on September 26, 2018, 08:52:38 AM
Worked a long time on coloring my natural hair this weekend. No more grey! We used the same colors as the wig even with highlights.
Do you girls think I am good for round two in public? I'm going to keep trying this even though I feel like im going to fail.
I can do a great female walk but Its hard to focus on it when I'm nervous and im sure I will goof it up. I still think I am a few years from passing but I will try this again. Can I pull off short hair?  I hate short hair but its all I got at the moment until it grows out and the wig attracts to much attention I think. I don't know what to think, I just want to pass. lol

@Chelsea
Dear Chelsea:
You rock with how you fixed your natural hair... and the color is beautiful on you and compliments your appearance.
Indeed, even though you experienced a recent male-fail, you are doing the correct thing to get back out there as "Chelsea"  ....  even though failures are discouraging and disappointing, they are an important part of learning how to succeed as you refine your appearance and body movements.

All 3 of your photos are terrific, just so you know, my favorite is #2 ...  you might consider using that as your new Avatar/Profile photo.....   and from now on you can ditch the wig, it is not needed, your natural hair is more convincing to your female appearance....   and as side note, you do not need to be concerned about your adam's apple ... not an issue in any of the photos.

When you do go out and about again, be certain to be with your friends, they can give you any on-the-spot support that may be required.   Hold your head high, act and walk confidently and with all of the self-assurance that you can muster.   If stared at or perhaps if you notice that others are talking about you in a bad way, IGNORE them and walk away along with your friends with a smile on your face, head held high and showing your self confidence.

Thank you for sharing your photos and your thoughts.  This is all very exciting.
I will eagerly be looking for your additional updates.
Hugs, [emoji173]
Danielle

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Chelsea on September 26, 2018, 08:52:38 AM

Hi Chelsea,                 26 September 2018

".... I just want to pass. lol" I think you know me well enough to know that I will not BS you. You pass and the photo you posted of your figure is a "to die for" dream for most cis women. You're so far ahead of the curve you have nothing to worry about. Ditch the wig because you haven't needed it for a long time. Your natural hair is so natural, which goes a long way towards making your appearance cis.

One piece of advice from an old biddy: Don't wear "clodhoppers" when you go out.

Best Always, All my Love Always
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

I agree, you rock that style girl!!!  Great job on the coloring. 

As to walking and keeping in focus, don't think of it like that.  Think of it as if you've been walking that way forever.  Deep inside you have been, but you've hidden it and now's the time to let it out and go.

"... I just want to pass. lol"   Ding, Ding, Ding, We have a winner!!!!
Judi
In living every day.
  •  

Laurie

Very nice pictures Chelsea. How anyone could ever misgender you is beyond me girl.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Chelsea

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I guess I am done with the wig for now and see how it goes. It just takes me forever to fix my own hair like that. Yeah I know, get used to it right? lol

Hugs,
         Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Sonja

Quote from: Chelsea on September 26, 2018, 09:26:59 PM
Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I guess I am done with the wig for now and see how it goes. It just takes me forever to fix my own hair like that. Yeah I know, get used to it right? lol

Hugs,
         Chelsea
@Chelsea  Yes it takes longer but that's part of your new world! lol

Take care Chelsea!

Sonja.
  •  

JulieAllana

Who cares how long it takes when it looks THAT good?  ;)
1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Chelsea  @JulieAllana   @Sonja
Everything seems to take longer as a woman....   pre-transition I could take a shower, wash and dry my hair, and towel off, all in a matter of 5 minutes tops....   now it is more like 20 minutes or more depending on what I want to do with my hair...  >>> the time taker... is the hair. 

Then of course trimming eyebrows, make up, nail polish, etc....  those things can easily add a half hour to an hour (or even more) to the after-shower-time.

But is also most enjoyable taking care of our "new" bodies..

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Chelsea

Had a great day yesterday. Its probably not going to sound like a lot to most of you but its a milestone for me.
I went all over town yesterday just doing my regular everyday things but, I did them as Chelsea. The first place I stopped at I sit in the car for a while telling myself everything will be fine and it was. I went to about 7 places yesterday with not one issue. I even got a couple of compliments and a coupe guys checking me out. After the first two places I stopped at it seemed to get easier and I could feel my nerves settling down.
    This was the first time that I have ever felt freedom like this and finally got to be me without one issue. Maybe it was the wig that gave me away last time or my nerves but I think I can get the hang of this. I know there will be some not so good times but days like yesterday make it all worth it and I am going to love living as a woman.

Hugs,
        Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Faith

There you go and yes, it's a great milestone. We are all in different places in our paths but we all cross the same ones at some point. It only gets easier

Faith

•