Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Chelsea's Transition Adventure

Started by Chelsea, February 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donica

Hi Chelsea! I just started following your thread I must say, you have a beautiful face. I think if anyone misgenders you, it's because they know your past and are just being mean jealous. Your mother seems to be coming around.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Chelsea

Little update on the situation with my mom.

Yesterday I had to do something about my misery. Most of you know that the only person that will not accept me being trans is mom. It makes it really had to be myself when she told me that she never wants to see me as a woman. This has been going on for months. The car that she complains about me driving all the time was paid for in full by me back when I have plenty of cash. I have a brother and a sister that never helps out at all. I am the only one that does every single thing for her.
   A very close friend let me use her car so I give mom her keys back. I told her that I'm not doing one more thing. I'm not taking her to work, going to the store, mowing the grass, anything. All she has to do is let me be myself and that seems to hard for some reason. I got up this morning and got ready as myself and told her if you don't want to see your new daughter then you better close you eyes because I'm going to work. I said if it bothers you that much call the police.
    I worked all day in the shop as myself for the first time and it was great to have all the shop doors open and not having to hide. I  hope none of you think I'm being mean. She just needs to realize that all this is silly. I would not care to do anything for her in the world but I'm not going to keep doing something for her and have to hide. I'm over it.

I'm getting my feet wet this week because I am going to try and be myself all week and see how this goes. Ordered food at the drive through today and when i got to the window I got a couple weird looks. The girl was really nice but I wasn't fooling anyone. Odd that so many people keep telling me that i am so passable but I have been clocked almost every time that I have been out except for one. This lets me know I still have a long road ahead of me.

hugs,
         Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Chelsea
Dear Chelsea:
Thank you for your update regarding your "mom" situation... I am certain that it was painful for you to write, but when I read it, and also knowing what you have previously stated about  how you have taken care of your mom physically and monetarily....  you can not be blamed for your "new" attitude.  You are becoming Chelsea, your mom doesn't accept you, your other siblings won't assist you in helping your mother, and you have your own financial difficulties and your personal plans to transition.....  and you are getting no acceptance and no appreciation coming from anyone. 
    I think that you are handling the situation as you described in the best way that you can... it could also be called tough-love which seems to be quite appropriate considering all that you have stated now and in the past.

You are at the point of your HRT regimen that your body changes are quite apparent to all that see you.... your latest photos and the before and after comparison is proof positive.  You are now passing a good amount of the time, and every time that you pass, you will gain more self-assurance and self-confidence with your successes....   Success breeds success!    Your physical appearance now is only what you dreamed about many months ago and now it is becoming a reality.

All of your thread followers are rooting for you Chelsea, we are your biggest fans.

Thank you for your terrific and good report, I will be eagerly looking for more of your posts!
Hugs and hugs and hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Jayne01

Hey Chelsea,

I'm sorry you are still struggling to gain acceptance from your mother. You are doing everything you can to support her own needs while managing your transition and financial challenges. Now you are at a point where the need to be Chelsea is outweighing the ability to hide your true self.

Being assertive with your mother and standing up for what you need for yourself must have been hard for you to do. I don't think you had a choice. Perhaps this might be the catalyst your mother needs for her to see that you are a woman...her daughter.

Yay strong girl. You recent progress has been amazing. I hope things will work out for the best.

Big hugs,
Jayne
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Chelsea being assertive with your mother is probably a good point as she may finally see you are as serious as you can be.  As to passing, your looks are certainly there so just relax and be yourself.  Others that are confused will see it and respond accordingly soon enough.  You are free now, so fly high!
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Donica

Way to go Chelsea! I hope your mother comes around soon. It's your time for change. I get clocked all the time too. It may be because of being nerves, or maybe the voice. I think once you get used to being you full time, the misgendering will get less and less and eventually not at all.

Hugs girl!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Susan Baum

Dear Chelsea,

Way to go, girl - heading off to work and do everyday things as yourself. I don't dare copy the squeeees and wahoos patented by others so I'll use "There she sails."

I wish I could find the right words to comfort you about your mom right now but nothing I can say can ease the pain of rejection. Since it seems to me that your mom has become accustomed (dare I say addicted) to the "old" you doing everything for her with little help from your siblings, any changes to her perceived normal are bound to prompt "withdrawal" symptoms of some sort - and trying to deny your truth may have been one way to keep her "supply" intact. It takes real courage to stand up to a "user," and you have done just that. Bravo.

Huge Hugs,
Susan
Aging is inevitable - growing up is optional.
  •  

Chelsea

I had to jump in here and tell you ladies that I got "mamed" today! Not once but twice by two people! lol
It just made me feel really good and this is the first time that has ever happened to me.

Today was also the first time my brother has seen the new me. I was embarrassed a little at first. I didn't want to get out of the car a for a second but I did. He said he was very impressed and I could tell he was blown away. I mean I has just seen me for the last 40 plus years as a guy. I could tell he was surprised.

Thank all of you for the nice comments.

Hugs,
          Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Chelsea on October 05, 2018, 11:39:26 PM
I had to jump in here and tell you ladies that I got "mamed" today! Not once but twice by two people! lol
It just made me feel really good and this is the first time that has ever happened to me.

Today was also the first time my brother has seen the new me. I was embarrassed a little at first. I didn't want to get out of the car a for a second but I did. He said he was very impressed and I could tell he was blown away. I mean I has just seen me for the last 40 plus years as a guy. I could tell he was surprised.

Thank all of you for the nice comments.

Hugs,
          Chelsea

@Chelsea
Dear Chelsea:
Your report is absolutely terrific and fantastic news.... and also very confidence building and self-assuring to you as you are going out and about more often and passing more successfully and more frequently as Chelsea.
I am so very, very happy for you.   Oh, and that is wonderful and good news about your brother's reaction to the new you.

Thank you for checking in on your thread to keep us all updated.  Your followers are your biggest fans and we are all rooting for you.
Hugs and hugs and more hugs,
Danielle

•  

pamelatransuk

Thank you Chelsea for your latest post and I celebrate with you on both counts!

Hugs

Pamela

•  

TonyaW

Great updates for you, Chelsea. 

Don't worry about the drive through.   I've done next to nothing voice wise but still have been ma'amed when I got to the pick up window.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Donica

You are on your way now Chelsea. Yes you do have a pretty face. People are going to ma'am you more and more every day.

Hugs,
Donica.
  •  

KathyLauren

Yay, I am happy for you!  Getting ma'amed is one of the best things.  I still get a thrill when my wife and I are addressed as "ladies".
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Great news Ma'am! They saw the real you!!

I'm sure your brother was wowed by your big smile!  That "other guy" didn't smile like you!  I was certainly nervous when I "met" my brother in law.  He was so sweet and gave me a big hug.  I'm sure your relationship with your brother will continue and move to a newer level.  All my best to you.
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Sonja

I'm really glad to hear your latest progress Chelsea, it was never going to be easy but you're becoming a brave new girl!

Nice one & keep your chin up - you're progressing every single day now!

Sonja.
  •  

Jayne01

Hey Chelsea!

Congratulations on being called ma'am. I think that is something you will never get tired of hearing.

I'm not surprised your brother was blown away. You look fantastic! Totally different to that guy from the past.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Chelsea

Good times are coming girls.

Besides the bad toothache I have and my face looking like I have been in a fight, I'm happy.
Today is the very first time in months that my bank has been in the positive. My business has finally started to make profit. I still have a long way to go but at least I'm not broke all the time. This means I will be in voice therapy as soon as possible.

Now for the better news. I have not had boy clothes on in 6 days now. There are still places in town that I would not dare go in but I know I will in time. It still makes me nervous at times and others I get out of the car and march in like I own the place. I cant wait until I can do that everyday.

During these last 6 days I have not hid from mom. I would get ready and walk out the door like it was nothing. She was really mad at first and two nights ago I sit down with her and talked to her in full girl mode. To my amazement she sit and talked to me like everything was fine. It might be that a few days ago we got into a argument and I lifted my shirt (with bra on of course) and said "do I look like a boy mom?" She looked at me in amazement. I said "Its time mom I cant hide this anymore." Last night without me knowing she cooked me something to eat?? until she brought it to me. She hasn't done that in over 5 years! Shes probably starting to see what its like without my help. I'm not getting my hopes up but, everything is falling into place so far. This is the happiest moment for me sense starting my transition. Lets just hope it continues.

Hugs,
          Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Chelsea
Dear Chelsea:
Yes indeed.... Good times are coming girls.
I am so very happy for you and how things are improving for you regarding your business, your mom, and the fact that you are "almost" living full time as Chelsea....   every time you go out and about and pass convincingly, and knowing that you have made certain that you mom has seen Chelsea all the time this last week.....  you will keep gaining self-confidence and self-assurance....  and soon you will be getting going again on your voice therapy.....   and Chelsea will soon be out forever!!!

Congratulations to you!!!   
Hugs and hugs and more hugs.... and as always I am wishing you well.
Danielle

•  

Stevi

Chelsea,

Good to get that report.  Successes!  And, success breeds success.  There will be glitches but keep on keepin' on, girl.

Keepin' an eye on you and rootin' for you,
Stevi
  •  

Faith

I'm happy for you Chelsea, keep the momentum :)
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•