Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Would you display the trans flag?

Started by HappyMoni, February 22, 2018, 06:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you wear a trans flag shirt or use a trans flag bumper sticker?

No, never
16 (34.8%)
Yes, in some places like home
7 (15.2%)
Yes, out in public anywhere
16 (34.8%)
On car, no
2 (4.3%)
On car, yes
9 (19.6%)
I might but fearful
7 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

HappyMoni

I was thinking about this today and I really have two different, opposing feelings on it.  What do you think? Why?
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

bobbisue

I not only would I own a high quality one I loaned it to a local school to fly at half mast on TDOR I will never hide the fact I am trans even if  one day I become passable  I wear a transgender pendant every day it is part of who I am

bobbisue :)
[ gotta be me everyone else is taken ]
started HRT june 16 2017              
Out to all my family Oct 21 2017 no rejections
Fulltime Dec 9 2017 ahead of schedule
First pass Dec 11 2017
  •  

krobinson103

I have no fear of being trans. I'd fly it happily anywhere.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Janes Groove

No.  But I do often wear one pink earring and one blue earring.  I'm not ashamed of the fact I'm transgender.
  •  

Colleen_definitely

As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Allison S

No
My sister thinks it'll always be obvious I'm trans anyway... so yeah don't think I need a flag!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

FinallyMichelle

Sorry but no. Being a transsexual is not something I did, it is not a club, state or country. I can see flying the flag in support and I find it laudable, but it also sets us apart. I have been apart, segregated and alone, when does it end? I am not much, kind of a joke really, but I have paid my dues in every way that can be expected of anyone. I am not very good at helping others go through what I already have, but I try. I don't feel that I owe anyone.

I will not hide and I will do what I can to help change the way that trans people are viewed, but I am not advertising and making myself a target of hatred for someone who knows nothing about me.

It could be that makes me a coward, I don't know but then again I don't care. I have nothing to prove.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: HappyMoni on February 22, 2018, 06:36:28 PM
I was thinking about this today and I really have two different, opposing feelings on it.  What do you think? Why?

Yes, because I love unicorns.  :-*

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Rachel

I have an equality sticker on me car and would put a trans sticker on it if and when I find one. I have not flown a flag on my lawn for a while but if I could find a new America flag and trans flag I would fly them on holidays. I am not out actively looking for flags.

I understand about paying dues. I am on our works pride executive committee and I do not wear a rainbow anything. It is redundant. However, I have a rainbow pin I guess I should wear to show I have been trained in diversity and am a designated safe person.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Tammy Jade

Not really the flag type of person as I don't have anywhere to put one but I wear my trans necklace most days..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Tamara Jade

** The Meaning of Life?? Is to find the Meaning of Life **
  •  

Julia1996

Absolutely not! Why not just wear a T-shirt that says I'M TRANS.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Devlyn

•  

KathyLauren

Yes, I have a full-size trans flag that I fly on TDoR and TDoV.  I have also worn a trans flag pin in public on occasion. 

I have a triangular trans logo pendant that I wear if I am meeting a trans internet friend in person for the first time.  Kind of a "yes, this is me, you have the right person" sign.

I don't go out of my way to be visible.  In fact, I am quite happy to be taken for a cis woman by strangers.  But I don't go out of my way to hide either.  There are times when I want to stand up and be counted, and I don't mind who sees me doing so.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

warlockmaker

Proud to be Trans and a member of the trans community We have been trans since birth and will always be trans.  Lets have a new really representative flag..Art competition on Susans place :)
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

SRS January 21st,  2558 (Buddhist calander), 2015
  •  

Stevie

Not into politicizing my existence my being trans is a personal issue, it is part of me but not the sum total of who I am.  I view flags of all types to be divisive and promote an us against them mentality.
  •  

Lady Sarah

Even though our police chief is a lesbian woman, people are not very informed about anything LGTBI. If I flew a trans flag, people would wonder what country it's from. They certainly don't want to hear about what they think might be some dude having his junk cut off. People are really that dense. They'd prefer to just view me as a rather tall woman, and I'd rather be treated as one.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

SadieBlake

All of my vehicles (though I haven't owned one in a while) have had a regular pride sticker as well as a leather pride one.

Trans pride less so, I'm not wild about the colors
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Mendi

I have a small flag stick to my fridgirator door. Was planning to use that last November during the remembrance day, but forgot to tie it to my sleeve. Next time :)

But I just love the idea of putting pink and blue earrings!
  •  

The Flying Lemur

My sister gave me a trans flag shortly after I came out, and I hang it in the window of my house.  I know a lot of really good people who are trans, and seeing the flag reminds me of them and of the fact that there is still light in the world.  I also have a hat that says TRANS on it in big pink and blue block letters.  I only wear that at events specifically for LGBT people.  No sense in actively trying to get my teeth knocked in. 
The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. --Joseph Campbell
  •  

CallMeKatie

Nope but it's not due to fear. I can support anything,  even things I am not.

It's because I don't have pride in being trans.  This is something I've never understood.
I hate it! I need to upheave a huge part of my life just to be me. Where's the pride in that?
  •