Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Mammography?

Started by MeTony, November 17, 2017, 04:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeTony

Anyone here done that? Ftm pre op. I did it today. My granny died in breast cancer. I get the results in two weeks. I hate it. It is the second time i have my fat lumps pressed together for the x-ray. But soon I'll not need it anymore. It's a regular screening every second year from age 40 in Sweden. I hope I've gotten rid of my chest until next screening. Dysphoria deluxe while the nurse examines the chest.
  •  

Dani

From my MTF perspective, I am looking forward to the experience.
For myself, this is just one more gender confirming medical procedure.  :laugh:
  •  

HappyMoni

I get how difficult this procedure must be for you. The indignity of stuff like this is something we grit our teeth and get through. For my part, I am glad to never have to turn my head and cough again in my life.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Laurie

Hi Tony,

I think I understand your complete discomfort In having this procedure from your point of view. Many are the woman that I've heard complain about having to do this and for you it must be especially hard. I feel sorry you had to once again endure it but the possible ramifications that could come from not being checked is far worse.
  I will admit that as a MtF I've thought of having to have this done would be something I would welcome at least once just to understand what women are talking about. Until this year I never even thought it possible for me. I have never had it done nor am I likely to. I have no need to have it done not that I have a full torso CT scan done every 3 months. I'm sure this will catch anything of concern. I have been amused by the notations of enlarging gynomastia formations on both sides of my chest. Other findings are not so amusing though. Another benefit of the scans it that I am no longer required to undergo a colonoscopy now. You wouldn't believe the things I've had to do to get out of a couple unpleasant test procedures.

Tony, the time will pass and you'll have your operation that will remove the need for mammograms and all the baggage you carry with them. It could be worse. Patience is the key that will set you free.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Sydney_NYC

I had my first mammogram last year and I'm due for another one soon. Since I'm well over 40, both my HRT doctor and my PCP recommended it annually for me and I get a free one every year with my insurance. It really wasn't that bad and my wife and I did it at the same day on the same machine. The machine was one of the newer ones and my wife has had around 8 or so mammograms before and she commented that it was the least painful one she had ever felt so that may be a factor.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

Kylo

I've never had one.

One thing the surgeon did say though, just after top surgery was that the tissue they scooped out would be sent off to the lab for a routine check for any cancer or precancerous anyway. So I guess I'll be getting a check one way or another. Even when you're post-surgery, your risk level can remain similar to a cis man's for breast cancer, which while it's not as high for them, is still there. Not sure how they screen men for that though. It's more likely any cancer in a man's chest will manifest as more visible or palpable lumps, I guess.

My grandmother also had breast cancer, though she had a mastectomy and survived it. But both her, her husband, and my father have histories of cancer so I'm not exactly confident I'll be escaping it. One reason I take IP6... it's a cancer preventative.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Donna

I was on lupron in the late 90's and developed very sore and tender breasts. Doctor sent me for a mammogram then. Didn't have much up top and hurt lots. Now I'm going to have to go yearly and it's a price I'll gladly pay for me new found breasts.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •