Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Ever considered DIY vaginoplasty?

Started by Lady Sarah, February 26, 2018, 10:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnneK

I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

kitchentablepotpourri

Thanks Anne, I said record skip sound effect, but what I really wanted was a record scratch sound effect😀
  •  

Rumples

My daughter calls me a great doctor for putting a plaster on, or kissing her knee if she bangs it.  That doesn't mean I'm about offer major surgery.

You'll probably kill yourself. Avoid.
Turn to page 137:
You enter the room, Rumples slowly turns to face you, tilts her head and let's out a slight smirk. Everything you were, are, and ever will be disintegrates into absolute nothingness.
Your adventure ends here.
  •  

Devlyn

I'd start with a tiny vagina, say maybe an inch, somewhere like the arm. To test your scalpel and suturing skills...and you know....tolerance to pain?  ::)
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on February 28, 2018, 06:24:05 PM
I'd start with a tiny vagina, say maybe an inch, somewhere like the arm. To test your scalpel and suturing skills...and you know....tolerance to pain?  ::)

Sounds like we have the start of a new book:  "Suture Self - A Guide To Home Surgery"
Could be one of those "For Dummies" books.   ;)
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

kitchentablepotpourri

Quote from: AnneK on March 01, 2018, 11:01:27 AM
Sounds like we have the start of a new book:  "Suture Self - A Guide To Home Surgery"
😃
"Why is your clit so low?" you're in the wrong spot; that's a granny knot!
  •  

Violet

Before I discovered the possibility of SRS I actually considered doing it myself. I just wanted it all gone. My plan was to cut it off right outside of the Emergency Department and then hope that I could make it inside to get stitched up. I was very desperate, but then I found out that Financial Assistance was offered at the University! Since my income is below poverty level I was approved and finally, 9 months ago, I got a real Vaginoplasty from one of the best if not the best surgeon's in Transgender Care. Best wishes for your surgery hun. I did it on a dime and a prayer. So can you!
  •  

Rachel_Christina

When I was young and really desperate I had planned to go into the hospital and into the toilets where I would cut out my testicles. The adrenaline would allow me enough time to get out into view and then faint. The hospital would have to look after you.
The only problem was I knew I would end up in the mental so I never did it :/
Now with my big ugly voice I kinda regret not following it through.
Desperate times calls sometimes for desperate measures!

•  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Lady Sarah on February 26, 2018, 10:57:43 PM
Firstly, this not about attempting anything dangerous, only thinking about it.

When starting my transition, I had seen a great many photos of vaginoplasty, and a couple videos (on CD back then, as there was no internet yet). It had got me thinking. It did not look very complicated.  Knowing I'd probably never be able to afford the surgery (and so far, I've been right), I had actually given it a lot of consideration. I just wasn't sure I could tolerate the pain for that long, and "what would happen if I so much as nicked an artery?".

So, I chickened out. At least, after my orchiectomy, it does not feel as important as it once did.

Anybody else give it consideration?
Yes I definately thought about it. In my teens it took a degree of will to not go down that path. Reading autobiographies of transsexuals and the surgery options of the time (1980s) led me to better understanding of what being trans was.

Romances with women moderated my feelings enough to not self harm.

In my forties the dysphoria of having a misaligned gender drove me very close to being rid of my male parts.

One night I lost a lot of blood,- and after a surgical repair was carried out I resolved to seek professional advice and get to the bottom of things.

Professional advice, therapy and HRT resolved the self harm issue rapidly.

In the end my best guess is that WPATH surgery protocols will resolve the body dysphoria side of things but in the mean time Im glad of the way things worked out.

Wanting to be rid of the male equipment is only part of the big picture of a misaligned gender for me.

Good question Lady Sarah!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

zirconia

Yes. Ingram's method... but I didn't know the dilator dimensions required or where to source them.
  •  

Dani

Many years ago, when we did not have the knowledge base we had today, many of us did consider self mutilation as an alternative to suicide. Even today, many of us still attempt suicide, and some of us cross that line. This just goes to demonstrate the serious nature of our condition.

Thankfully today, we have a better understanding of what we need to do to resolve our dysphoria. We just need to remove or at least limit the financial barriers for proper surgery.
  •  

MaryT

As a child, after learning that girls did not have penises, I did repeatedly consider what the effect of removing mine would be but I knew nothing of hijras, etc.  More recently, I did online research into DIY surgery and there are some fascinating photos out there of a DIY penectomy done in stages.  However, at some stages, the surgical intervention of a urologist was necessary anyway and the "patient" will probably need a catheter for the rest of his life (there was no mention of his being a trans woman).

Creating one's own vagina, however, almost beggars belief and I am not aware of anyone who has even attempted it.  With what would a DIY surgeon line the vagina?
  •  

Melinda@heart

I thought about trying one of those really thick rubber bands used to castrate animals. I figured by the time I got to the hospital it would be too late to save them... Like Rachel_Christina though, I didn't want to end up in the nut house for trying to get rid mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

•  

Linde

I do have a trifle of surgical experience, but I never even dreamed about to even do my own orchi.  I would not even know how to bend enough to do some proper cutting and later suturing, leave alone not having an assistant to keep the bleeding under control, or a scrub nurse who would hand the proper instruments to me.  At that time we have not even talked about pain mitigation!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

MaryT

Quote from: Dietlind on April 18, 2019, 10:37:06 PM
I do have a trifle of surgical experience, but I never even dreamed about to even do my own orchi.  I would not even know how to bend enough to do some proper cutting and later suturing, leave alone not having an assistant to keep the bleeding under control, or a scrub nurse who would hand the proper instruments to me.  At that time we have not even talked about pain mitigation!

To paraphrase the Loopmanics manuals for safecrackers, etc., the following is for education purposes only and I strongly recommend that you leave any surgery to professionals.

Many years ago, I read a South African magazine called You.  it was a translation of an Afrikaans magazine called  Huisgenoot, meaning Home Companion, and certainly started as a women's magazine, which makes what I read more intriguing to me.

The article was by a man who had castrated himself after his wife had told him that she didn't want to have sex any more.  He was a professional veterinary worker who had often performed the procedure on animals.  The article was quite detailed and had a photograph of the instruments used, all carefully laid out and sterile, of course.  He started by cleaning and disinfecting the relevant area of his body, then he injected the base of the scrotum with a local anaesthetic.  He used sheep castration pliers to cut off the blood flow to the scrotum while he severed it with a scalpel.  He wrote that there was no bleeding even after he removed the pliers but he used surgical thread to stitch the wound.  He then applied a dressing.

I cut out the useful part of the article and still have it somewhere in the house.  I kept it in the hope that I would find someone to follow the instructions and help me.  I'm clumsy with my hands and  I didn't fancy trying it on myself.  I suppose in hindsight that I could have found a way to build my confidence by practicing on sheep but I'm sure that I couldn't bring myself to do that. 

Don't try it at home.  Remember that the author of the article was a medical professional.

As for bleeding during a DIY penectomy, I have read online that someone who did it in stages used some kind of hemostatic powder to staunch the bleeding but even he needed the intervention of a urologist so that he could still urinate SO DON'T TRY IT AT HOME.  In the photo where he made the last cut to his penis, you could see that it was still hanging on to a catheter.  I think that he (as I mentioned, he didn't seem to be trans) was lucky he wasn't committed, as some psychiatrists regard non-trans people who want penectomies as psychotic.

And those are the EASY parts.  Constructing an actual vagina DIY would be another matter altogether.

•  

Linde

Quote from: MaryT on April 21, 2019, 01:42:59 PM

And those are the EASY parts.  Constructing an actual vagina DIY would be another matter altogether.

You are correct, cutting exterior parts off, is rather easy.  But starting to poke 5 or 6 inch deep holes into your body, and after having the hole, making something out of it, is not that easy.  leave alone constructing a clit and all the labia stuff!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Lady Sarah

Quote from: Melinda@heart on April 18, 2019, 07:26:05 PM
I thought about trying one of those really thick rubber bands used to castrate animals. I figured by the time I got to the hospital it would be too late to save them... Like Rachel_Christina though, I didn't want to end up in the nut house for trying to get rid mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I did try the rubber band technique. The pain was horrible enough that I cut the rubber band off within a minute. The pain was so bad I never tried it again, and that was over 25 years ago.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

MaryT

Quote from: AnneK on March 01, 2018, 11:01:27 AM

I like.

Quote from: Melinda@heart on April 18, 2019, 07:26:05 PM

Quote from: Lady Sarah on April 22, 2019, 12:51:22 AM
I did try the rubber band technique. The pain was horrible enough that I cut the rubber band off within a minute. The pain was so bad I never tried it again, and that was over 25 years ago.

Elastration is what it's called and for the benefit of anyone else who condiders trying that, it's worth reading what wikipedia has to say about it:
" Elastration is normally limited to castrations done during the first few weeks of life, and it cannot be used for species where the scrotum does not have a narrow base, such as pigs or horses."

I'm not sure about when we are a few weeks old but assuming we are older, human scrotums do not have a narrow base, so I wouldn't recommend it unless someone just wanted to punish theur scrotum for existing.  Having said that, I did at one time frantically search castration websites looking for a cutter (you won't find one, those websites have TOS too) and I learned that some people elastrate themselves for fun, even elastrating themselves together with their partners, as a form of intimacy, I suppose.

People attempting any DIY genital surgery should also remember that tissue from the scrotum and penis is used in most MTF GCS.

•  

AnonyMs

There were a couple of interesting cases in 2017

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-27/man-who-cut-off-another-testicle-was-trying-to-help/9093286

The other was similar, on another trans forum, and she almost died from blood loss before getting to hospital. The guy who did it was arrested.
  •  

MaryT

Quote from: AnonyMs on April 22, 2019, 03:35:08 PM
There were a couple of interesting cases in 2017

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-27/man-who-cut-off-another-testicle-was-trying-to-help/9093286

The other was similar, on another trans forum, and she almost died from blood loss before getting to hospital. The guy who did it was arrested.

"In sentencing, Judge Clive Jeffreys said the case was a unique one ...".
That judge seems to have had a sheltered life but I suppose that most people don't browse the Internet looking for information about amateur orchiectomies.  Perhaps with Australia's small population, not many cases reach court there.

He seems pretty lenient for someone called Judge Jeffreys.

•