Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

3 years post VFS with Dr. Haben

Started by Lunarain, February 28, 2018, 10:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shay9999

@Dena THANK YOU! He smacked my teeth around, too. I was telling my family that it felt like he punched me while I was out. I see he punches everyone ;) (Kidding).
If you ever feel like you're unloved, message me. Reach out to me. Seriously. I love you. I'll listen to everything to need to say. I'm running on California time, and I'm a full time student, so if you're expecting a reply, please be patient. But I'll always reply. Thinking of you.
  •  

PattyPat

Hmm, so double means vocal surgery and trachea shave? What is triple? I need to revise the surgery after Dr Bart from Belgium did my neck twice and still my cartilage is visible  ???
  •  

PattyPat

Not to mention the scar. I think about doing laser treatment for the scar but there is no point if another surgeon would make incision to revise trachea shave...
  •  

Dena

The third surgery is CTA where the larynx is compressed causing the vocal folds to stretch. This locks you out of the lower range and isn't advised if you sing because it limits your range. The surgery requires an external incision and it normally requires a trachea shave to remove the additional bulge. Because it produces a limited amount of frequency shift, it tends to be recommended for people with a very low voice or smokers as it adds to the shift from VFS.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

PattyPat

hi, so if decided to opt out for double surgery only, would it be done internally without incision on the neck? Is Adam's Apple reachable from inside the throat? |Thanks
  •  

Dena

Only VFS is done from inside. All other surgery require an external incision. Mine is so faint that nobody has ever commented about it. In addition, most people have difficulty seeing it when I point it out.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •