Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Zinc interfering with HRT effects?

Started by Tulenkantaja, March 02, 2018, 02:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tulenkantaja

Hello,

So I've been on HRT for about nine months now, and I'm big on taking supplements like flaxseed oil, saw palmetto and a multivitamin. I recently ordered a large bottle of zinc tablets, and I'm beginning to have doubts as to whether or not it might be interfering with the optimal effects HRT might have on one's body. I've been using the zinc supplements for a little over a month, and I've noticed that my face has gotten a little coarser, and my hair a bit oilier than before I took them. What little body hair I have has also begun to grow slightly darker and stronger. I know zinc is a major factor in boosting the body's natural testosterone levels, so I'm just wondering if taking the zinc supplement can interfere with the feminizing effects of HRT?

Thanks!
  •  

Deborah

I don't think it will.  I started taking zinc again a couple of months ago and my T is still rock bottom.  HRT effects also seem to be picking up again despite both the zinc and lifting heavy weights for exercise, another thing that is supposed to raise T.

My supplement regimen is zinc, magnesium, vitamin D3, and creatine.  I also eat nutritional yeast for a big dose of vitamin B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Chloe

As an aside I daily take mineral sourced Nascent Iodine did you know most people are highly deficient in the one good halogen?
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •