Both Double
4 (6.7%)
Both Triple
3 (5%)
Both more than three
3 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 57

KathyLauren

Getting my ears pierced was just about the first thing I did after I came out to my wife.  (The very first thing was buying underwear.)  Even if I am not dressed up, I always wear silver studs in them.  I totally love how it makes looking in the mirror more bearable.  With the changes in my face from HRT, longer, wavy hair, and the silver studs, I see femme whenever I get a glimpse in a mirror.

Of course, I love wearing something dangly and sparkly when the occasion suits.

I had mine done initially at a hair salon.  They used one of those punch guns, which was fast and not too painful, but the holes closed up after a couple of months, when I didn't have studs for a few days.  I had them re-done by a scary-looking dude in a piercing studio.  He was a stickler for cleanliness, and did a good job.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: KathyLauren on January 23, 2018, 05:09:48 PM
Getting my ears pierced was just about the first thing I did after I came out to my wife.  (The very first thing was buying underwear.)  Even if I am not dressed up, I always wear silver studs in them.  I totally love how it makes looking in the mirror more bearable.  With the changes in my face from HRT, longer, wavy hair, and the silver studs, I see femme whenever I get a glimpse in a mirror.

Of course, I love wearing something dangly and sparkly when the occasion suits.

I had mine done initially at a hair salon.  They used one of those punch guns, which was fast and not too painful, but the holes closed up after a couple of months, when I didn't have studs for a few days.  I had them re-done by a scary-looking dude in a piercing studio.  He was a stickler for cleanliness, and did a good job.

Totally understand your thinking on the studs in the ears.  I'm a verifiable rookie on HRT so looking at my mug isn't the first or most obvious for me.  However, I do love it when they tangle and hit against me.

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Miss Zoey

I have 2 piercings in each ear,friend of mine and her husband have a tattoo and piercing shop.Their shop is clean and they keep it this way.Plus the needles don't get reused and do get disposed of properly.They do mine for this reason
  •  

Thea

I got both ears pierced almost 30 years ago. For me it was something feminine I could do during a time when admitting  to my family that I am Trans was impossible to my mindset. My wife still freaked out so whenever she was around I only wore one stud for many years.

I'm having a difficult time finding a way to get HRT but once I do, I'm going to gift myself with second piercing in each ear.
Veteran, U.S. Army

First awareness of my true nature 1971
Quit alcohol & pot 10/22/14
First acceptance of my true nature 10/2015
Started electrolysis 9/12/17
Begun Gender Therapy 7/06/18
Begun HRT 8/01/18
Quit tobacco 11/23/18

•  

Lucy Ross

I had mine done almost a year ago.  Crossdressing journals from days gone by gave advice about how for the healing studs you can use clear plastic, I kept pestering the people in the piercing parlor for studs that were smaller/clearer, I had a whole massive hangup about it all, I didn't want anybody to have any inkling they were pierced.  For some reason.  Even after it was done I tried painting over them with foundation for a while.  No one can know! Last year I got something out of my system, that's for sure.  Had my brows waxed yesterday and couldn't care less if a friend asks what's up.

Those piercing parlor people thought I was nuts, just about everybody these days gets their ears pierced.  Funny thing is I'm a hermetic bohemian type in the first place, why would I care about this? 
1982-1985 Teenage Crossdresser!
2015-2017 Middle Aged Crossdresser!  Or...?
April 2017 Electrolysis Time  :icon_yikes:
July 12th, 2017 Started HRT  :icon_chick:
  •  

AnneK

QuoteI kept pestering the people in the piercing parlor for studs that were smaller/clearer

The woman who pierced my ears told me how to make some from the nylon ties that hold tags on clothing.  Take one end, that has the T shaped piece, and cut it off.  Then melt the other end enough to form a ball.  The ball is small enough to fit through the hole, but big enough to hold the "studs" in place.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Lucy Ross

Thats exactly the technique I read about. In the end it's a complete non issue, even the security company I work for allows small stud earrings for men.
1982-1985 Teenage Crossdresser!
2015-2017 Middle Aged Crossdresser!  Or...?
April 2017 Electrolysis Time  :icon_yikes:
July 12th, 2017 Started HRT  :icon_chick:
  •  

SeptagonScars

Single ear with single piercing for me. I only have my right earlobe pierced (and my lower lip but that wasn't the topic). My story behind that is actually related to me being ftm trans, although weirdly so. Cause, being 14 at the time, I kinda had a hunch I might be trans but it was still far back in my head. However, at that age I had learned that some people thought that having just one ear pierced was a gay guy thing. And although my gender knowledge was quite limited back then, I did get to the conclusion that "if I was a guy, I'd obviously be gay" cause I liked guys. But at the same time I thought it would be a cool thing to do cause it was rare for a girl (or afab) and I was always a bit of a rebel without a cause.

Also, I got it at the same time as my best friend who also only had her right ear pierced, but for other reasons. We're still best friends as of today. Another trivia thing about it is that I'm almost deaf on my left ear, so me only having my hearing ear pierced is a good way for me to signal to others which side of me they should be at for me to be able to hear what they're saying.

I kept it and didn't get more ear piercings, but started stretching it last year. Now it's at 4 mm (or 6 gauge) and I plan to get it up to 12 or 14 mm (around 0,55 inch). I might want to get more piercings in the same ear later on, but keep my left ear unpierced. Cause I love asymmetry, and want to keep all of my body modifications on the rights side of my body or centered.
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •