Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Possible to "mention" or otherwise respond to individual users in a thread?

Started by Idaliaylix, March 03, 2018, 06:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idaliaylix

Basically, what I'm wondering is, if many people have replied to a thread, is it possible to "mention" or respond to them (some forums have something like an @username system for this) in a way that they will be individually notified of?

Just for the sake of efficiency, I'd be nice to be able to reply to several people by making one post rather than many posts quoting their responses.

Does this make any sense?  Frustratingly, I can't think of a better way to articulate what I'm asking.  For an example, a post like this:

User1: (response)

User 2: (response)
etc.

so that users 1 and 2 will see that I've 'mentioned' them?
"...what I seem to be is the monkey wrench in the machinery of everyone's sexual politics...it gets awfully frustrating at times.  What I really am is a paradox in that "transsexual" just doesn't fit into my identity, who I am to myself.  In other words, what I've been through is terribly interesting, but I have no interest in using it to say who I am."

"The transsexual experience, while a major survival issue, is not the central identity-defining factor in our lives, even though it is seen as what makes us different from other people. Despite its magnitude and intensity, it is, in the long run, merely a preliminary step to getting on with our lives."

--Beth Elliott, Mirrors, Portrait of a Lesbian Transsexual

•  

Devlyn

•  

Idaliaylix

"...what I seem to be is the monkey wrench in the machinery of everyone's sexual politics...it gets awfully frustrating at times.  What I really am is a paradox in that "transsexual" just doesn't fit into my identity, who I am to myself.  In other words, what I've been through is terribly interesting, but I have no interest in using it to say who I am."

"The transsexual experience, while a major survival issue, is not the central identity-defining factor in our lives, even though it is seen as what makes us different from other people. Despite its magnitude and intensity, it is, in the long run, merely a preliminary step to getting on with our lives."

--Beth Elliott, Mirrors, Portrait of a Lesbian Transsexual

•