Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Do you pass or not?

Started by Priya, March 04, 2018, 01:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Yes and no.  Ah, so it goes.  But it is nice to be treated as a woman regardless.

Christine
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

becca.anne

From the next down I would show as a little chunky. Otherwise No.
  •  

Maid Marion

My conversations have certainly changed since I've been presenting as a woman, even when I'm talking to a receptionist at an office who knows I'm AMAB.
  •  

EllenW

Since I have never been accosted and no one has ever asked me directly I would have to say that I pass, either that or they do not care. Yes, people know but that is because they knew me as <deadname> or I have told.

Ellen
2018 - Full Time
2019 - Legal Name and Gender Change
2021 - MDV GCS with Dr. Ng (UCLA)
2021 - BA
2023 - PPT Vaginoplasty with Dr, Gupta
  •  

ChrissyRyan

If I always male fail I would be delighted.  Not so; but, I have for awhile now been content for what I have.  I wish I was prettier, but with another birthday arriving soon that wish may be a forever wish. 

The secret is contentment.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Not a couple hours earlier at a cosmetics store.  So be it.
  •  

Oldandcreaky

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on May 14, 2024, 08:09:48 PMNot a couple hours earlier at a cosmetics store.  So be it.

I'm sorry to read this, Chrissy. Do you mind sharing what happened?
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Oldandcreaky on May 14, 2024, 08:18:03 PMI'm sorry to read this, Chrissy. Do you mind sharing what happened?

Nothing tragic.  Just some "knowing smirks" and quiet giggles by a clerk.  I believe this was a spontaneous reaction.  No harm I suppose.  This was rather mild on the scale of "not making my day."

May your day be very nice tomorrow!

Chrissy
  •  

Sweet luck

Unfortunately, completely not passing 😞
I'm always trying to look more feminine, but in my country nobody recognizes me as a female. I have done more than 20-25 full electroepilation procedures on my face, being a few months on HRT (T<0.5 ng/ml, E =98 pg/ml), train my voice regularly. My hair has grown below my shoulders already. I'm not so tall (177sm) and not obese. I have already small, but visible grown up breasts (smth between 0 and 0.5 size). Regularly everyday train my body (yoga, fintess, cycling) and following balanced nutrition diet. But anyway nothing brings me closer to feminine look :(((

So what do you think is the proper way to get the pass? Vast FFS with BA?
  •  

LoriDee

You are doing the right things by staying healthy and allowing the HRT to do its work. I have not had FFS or BA. I did have eye surgery for drooping eyelids and the plastic surgeon did a brow lift and cheek lift at the same time. But it was not considered FFS.

You don't need to jump right to surgery. I asked my surgeon about breast implants and he said he won't do them until the breasts have stopped growing. I am 66 years old, but because I am on HRT, growth is still ongoing and I would have to wait to have that surgery.

You can wear padded push-up bras or even breast forms to enhance your top. Dress in feminine clothing, but be subtle. Look at what others are wearing in your area and adopt their style if possible.

Makeup and jewelry are a big help. Earrings, necklaces, and bracelets that have thin chains or a feminine theme (think hearts, flowers, etc.). With makeup, a little goes a long way. I wear a bit of eyeliner and pink lipstick. Avoid extreme colors like red, blue, or black. Nail polish is another good thing. Using just a few of these and being subtle will send the subconscious cues of femininity and you can pass.

Too often I see women wearing formal dresses to business meetings with too much bright makeup and they look like drag queens. Nothing wrong with drag, but it may not be appropriate for a business meeting or reading to children in a library. The best way to pass is not to stand out screaming "I AM A WOMAN!" The best way is to be subtle and blend in with how other women look.

I hope this helps. Keep reading posts on the forum, as others have shared their tips and advice too. We even have a Beauty sub-forum that might interest you.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change /
2024 - Voice Training
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sweet luck

Sweet luck

Dear Lori Dee, really thankful for your warm supporting words and precious recommendations ❤️ I will have a look how my body will change through HRT, but in my case I guess ffs inevitable way. Because I have prominent eyebrows and massive jaw, which couldn't be just fixed without bones work. But maybe  after longer HRT therapy I will change my mind about ffs.
As for wearing dresses and women's accessories, it is impossible. I'm afraid to attract to much attention which is unsafe(( So I wear unisex and want to switch for the feminine style softly.
  •  

LoriDee

What works for you is what works! That is most important.

HRT, especially estradiol, causes body fat distribution. Many of us have experienced this in less muscle definition, softer skin, and softening of facial features. I look more like my mother than my father now after four years on HRT. Just be patient and see how things go. Don't assume you need something yet. It's still too early to tell.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change /
2024 - Voice Training
  •