Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do you pass or not?

Started by Priya, March 04, 2018, 01:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Priya

I don't really pass but I'm getting there I'm curious to hear your passing stories
Anything possible no matter how you feel it isn't  :)
  •  

kitchentablepotpourri

I am always addressed with female pronouns, and treated as a woman, so that's passing to me; however, my ego doesn't cause me to be naive, and assume that I'm at a stealth unclockable level of passing; someone could think/assume I'm trans and just not say anything, or do anything subtle or obvious to let me know.
  •  

Devlyn

Until I start talking, I usually pass as a woman, which is okay but it's not my identity. And it kind of points out the subjective nature of the whole concept of "passing". Basically, if someone comes up and tells me "You're not really a girl", then I'm passing. Not getting the treatment I want, but passing.

Passing only works in a world that rejects a gender spectrum.

Hey, you asked.  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Mariah

KathyLauren

Define "passing".

I pass as a woman.  From a distance, most people will assume I am a cis-woman.  Not so much close up or if I speak, but I still get gendered correctly, even if they read me as trans.  That is my objective, so by that measure, I pass.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

JoniComeLately

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 04, 2018, 01:36:01 PM

Passing only works in a world that rejects a gender spectrum.

Hey, you asked.  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
This is so true. Once you reject the gender binary, passing becomes relative. Thank you for sharing this wisdom, Devlyn!  You just made me feel a whole lot better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: JoniComeLately on March 04, 2018, 02:12:37 PM
This is so true. Once you reject the gender binary, passing becomes relative. Thank you for sharing this wisdom, Devlyn!  You just made me feel a whole lot better!

Just another service I offer!  ;D

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Julia1996

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

MeTony

Passing. Sometimes yes. Sometimes not. I'm pre everything. Last time I obviously passed was in girls sauna. (To not make anyone uncomfortable, pre op). I stood in t-shirt and panites an fixed my hair. A woman in the shower did not dare to come out. She opened the door and stared confused at me. I smiled at her. She closed the door. 30 sek later she opened the door again and was still confused. She came to her senses and finally stepped out. I have a G-cup. Apparantly people don't look at guys chests. Haha

My voice gives me away every time though. But I hope T will fix that.

Tony
  •  

FinallyMichelle

I think so or at least everyone treats me as if I do.
Who knows really but I hope that I do.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

For those that are not happy with their passing percentage, just keep trying, keep putting yourself out there and always display an attitude of self assurance and confidence. 
There are lots of little things that will help a person pass, not just looks and not just voice.  I mentioned this in another thread... go people watching in a mall, an airport, a restaurant, etc and watch the men and women and how they move, how they sit, how they eat their meal, etc, etc.  You will see differences that you can apply to you advantage.

Fortunately for me, after 3 years of HRT I have been now been living full time for 16 months and pass 100%...  lucky for me as my old male self I was never very masculine looking and with my slight build and with my not very manly voice,  transitioning came comparatively easy for me for which I am very thankful. 
As soon as I became full time I quit my middle manager job and I relocated to another town, a very small town, started my own business, and as far as I know, after 16 months no one in town knows of my male past.  I have several groups of friends, men and women.... and I am in a small group of women, perhaps 5 or 6, we go to the local gym frequently... and so far I have passed the locker room "test".   Things couldn't be better!
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Aspiringperson on March 04, 2018, 03:38:05 PM
For those that are not happy with their passing percentage, just keep trying, keep putting yourself out there and always display an attitude of self assurance and confidence. 
There are lots of little things that will help a person pass, not just looks and not just voice.  I mentioned this in another thread... go people watching in a mall, an airport, a restaurant, etc and watch the men and women and how they move, how they sit, how they eat their meal, etc, etc.  You will see differences that you can apply to you advantage.

Fortunately for me, after 3 years of HRT I have been now been living full time for 16 months and pass 100%...  lucky for me as my old male self I was never very masculine looking and with my slight build and with my not very manly voice,  transitioning came comparatively easy for me for which I am very thankful. 
As soon as I became full time I quit my middle manager job and I relocated to another town, a very small town, started my own business, and as far as I know, after 16 months no one in town knows of my male past.  I have several groups of friends, men and women.... and I am in a small group of women, perhaps 5 or 6, we go to the local gym frequently... and so far I have passed the locker room "test".   Things couldn't be better!
How tall are you? If you don't mind me asking and not that it even matters!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Allison S on March 04, 2018, 03:50:34 PM
How tall are you? If you don't mind me asking and not that it even matters!

@ Allison S:  5' 5" if I puff up my hair... most likely 5' 4" dripping wet.  I know that transwomen that are taller have a more difficult time...
,,,but I have cis girlfriends that I go to the gym with that are much taller, one is 5' 11" and one is 6' 2" and they are beautiful and popular women.
Aspiringperson
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Aspiringperson on March 04, 2018, 03:56:40 PM
@ Allison S:  5' 5" if I puff up my hair... most likely 5' 4" dripping wet.  I know that transwomen that are taller have a more difficult time...
,,,but I have cis girlfriends that I go to the gym with that are much taller, one is 5' 11" and one is 6' 2" and they are beautiful and popular women.
Aspiringperson
I'm 5'7" but my hands and feet are huge...[emoji17]

•  

ToriJo

I am frequently misgendered, but I try very hard to live for myself and not for other people.
  •  

big kim

Don't pass  (over 6' big build, growly voice) but look OK & am accepted or mix with people were gender doesn't matter (bikers, punks)
  •  

Deborah

Usually people these days address me as ma'am if they use any pronoun at all.  So I guess I pass or at least leave them guessing.  FWIW, I'm 5'11 and not especially petite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Julie -2010

My dream is to pass and I've worked on a lot of things about me for many years to really try to pass.  I'm finally coming to terms that I'm never going to completely pass.  Yes if people don't stop and get a good look at me or if I'm across the room then I do pass.  Most people treat me as a woman but I'm not passing as a cis-women.  They are just accepting me for whom I am.  I think I always have that dream of the ideal passing.  But like I said above, I'm coming to terms and feel accepted from most people as a women.  Not passing but accepted.  Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

Tamika Olivia

Yeah, most of the time, I assume. I don't, like, ask people, but my interactions involve correct gendering and I don't notice any starts or stares. That's all I want.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

TonyaW

I get gendered correctly most of the time and that works for me.

I'm 6'3" and north of 200 pounds so I really don't think I'm passing for cis even if I some how get my make up perfect. 

I also haven't worried too much about my voice yet so like never on the phone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

RobynTx

I pass if it's dark.

I think I can pass with some makeup on and if people don't look too hard or too long.

•