Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

For those of us Transitioning from Male to Female ; How many have small hands?

Started by judithlynn, March 04, 2018, 10:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How small are you hands. If you measure from your wrists to longest finger

Wrist to longest finger - Under 170mm (6.7 inches)
7 (20.6%)
Wrist to finger = 170mm to 180mm (6.7 inches to 7.1 inches)
7 (20.6%)
Wrist to finger = 180 mm to 190mm (7.1 inches to 7.5 inches)
9 (26.5%)
Wrist to finger greater than 190mm (greater than 7.5 inches)
10 (29.4%)
Side of hand to apex of hand to wrist = Under 95mm (under 3.74 inches)
8 (23.5%)
Side of hand to apex of hand to wrist = 95-105mm (3.74 inches to 4.14 inches)
4 (11.8%)
Side of hand to apex of hand to wrist = Under 115mm (4.14 inches to 4.53 inches)
2 (5.9%)
Side of hand to apex of hand to wrist = Greater 115mm (greater than 4.53 inches)
3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: March 04, 2019, 10:19:46 PM

judithlynn

When I was a lot younger I played Indoor ball games, but I  had a lot of problems handling the Men's sized ball (Handballs, Volleyballs etc!) because I had very small hands for a man. How many of us have had the same issues with tiny hands  for male.
:-*
Hugs

•  

FinallyMichelle

Yep, small hands, small feet, and small, ah... everything.

I am taller than both my brothers, good bit taller than my younger brother, my hands look like little kids hands next to theirs. Feet too and, ah... everything.

My best friend's hands are as big as mine and she only comes up to my chin. She hadn't made fun of my hands in a while until almost a year ago. She had a surgery where she could go home the same day but couldn't drive home so I took the day off to offer support and drive her home. She was unsteady leaving so I held her hand till we got to the car. She laughed the whole way about my tiny hands. ☹️ Maybe I need better friends, do you think? 🙂
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

stephaniec

•  

kitchentablepotpourri

Quote from: judithlynn on March 04, 2018, 10:19:46 PM
When I was a lot younger I played Indoor ball games, but I  had a lot of problems handling the Men's sized ball (Handballs, Volleyballs etc!) because I had very small hands for a man. How many of us have had the same issues with tiny hands  for male.
My hands were so small [how small were they?]; they were so small I had to hold a ping pong ball with both hands😀
  •  

Harley Quinn

At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: kitchentablepotpourri on March 05, 2018, 12:14:37 AM
My hands were so small [how small were they?]; they were so small I had to hold a ping pong ball with both hands😀

Oh yeah?????
Well, my hands were soooooooooooo small, I had to hold a marble with both hands :)

BTW, you do look like a model!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

kitchentablepotpourri

Quote from: Cassi on March 05, 2018, 12:48:38 AM
Oh yeah?????
Well, my hands were soooooooooooo small, I had to hold a marble with both hands :)
Those are some tiny hands ya got there!
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Cassi on March 04, 2018, 11:12:02 PM
I thought only drug dealers use the metric system?
:D It's more like everyone in the workd except non-drug-dealing Americans.   >:-)

I didn't understand what I was supposed to be measuring for the side-to-apex-to wrist measurement. 

My wrist to longest finger measurement was 200 cm.  I think my hands are medium-to-large for female range, smallish for male range.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: kitchentablepotpourri on March 05, 2018, 12:14:37 AM

Lol.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

I've always had small hands and feet. My mom even has bigger hands than me. But I guess my hands are normal for my size.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Deborah

My hands are average size but also slender and double jointed.  I can touch my thumb to my forearm as well as bend my fingers back about 90 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

kitchentablepotpourri

I'm 6 ft tall, and I have long bones and small joints (my current wrist measurement is 6 1/2 inches), and my hand size is medium, but I have longish skinny fingers (my index finger is just a wee bit longer than my ring finger).
  •  

Cassi

Hey!

I'm 6' tall too less 5"!

My wrists have always been kinda small in that I can wrap one hand around the wrist and have a quarter to 3/8" left over.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

kitchentablepotpourri

Quote from: Cassi on March 05, 2018, 10:56:05 AM
Yeah, and have a heck of a time pick'n my nose too! :)
Sounds like you have a classic case of hamster hands!!!
  •  

kitchentablepotpourri

Quote from: Cassi on March 05, 2018, 11:00:02 AM
Hey!

I'm 6' tall too less 5"!

My wrists have always been kinda small in that I can wrap one hand around the wrist and have a quarter to 3/8" left over.
So you're 5'7"? and I don't understand what you're saying about your wrists?

•  

DawnOday

I have small hands for my body size but my feet more than make up for it.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Northern Star Girl

YES, I have small hands and feet to go along with my 5' 4" height...  5'5" if I puff up my hair.   
Fortunately, as my old male self before transitioning I was a small guy with a slight build and a not very masculine face... it was a problem as a young man but now that I have transitioned to full time, the small hands, small feet, short stature, and my face... all works in my favor.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: kitchentablepotpourri on March 05, 2018, 11:06:13 AM
So you're 5'7"? and I don't understand what you're saying about your wrists?

Sorry, in the absence of a tape measure I wasn't sure what the measurement of my wrists are but using a small 6 1/2" envelope have figured they're 7".

What I tried to use to reflect my wrist was:  If I took my middle finger of either hand and wrapped it around my wrist connecting it to my thumb, there'd be about a quarter of an inch extra or overlap - make sense?
I use to be 5' 10" but gravity attacked me. 
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •