Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

In which type area do you live?

Started by Nero, July 05, 2007, 02:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In which type area do you live?

urban
suburban
rural

Lady Sarah

On the outer edge of a town so small, it has only 2 stop lights, and I'm next to an abandoned cotton field.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

sarah1972

Small town suburb of a major metropolitan area on the US east cost... nice quirky town with a very charming small town pharmacy less than 1 walking minute from my house.... last stop on the metro line. The area pretty much has everything except a good SRS surgeon... but there is some hope on the horizon...

•  

epvanbeveren

Suburb of Richmond VA. Kind of not yet in the crowd, but not in the woods either. :)
I am a K. MacPhee girl, re-born on October 4 2017 in Raleigh/Durham NC. USA
I was AMAB on May 6 1963 in Dordrecht, the Netherlands.

OUT and proud - 2014
HRT - 2015
Legal - 2016
GRS - 2017

Full Time - 01/01/2015:
first day (01) of new life (01), '15 = opposite of 51 (my age at the time)

•  

Dianne H

In between two small towns.
Pretty much a hick.
Christian
US Army vet
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

MeTony

•  

DawnOday

I live in the burbs and it is 30 miles away to my support group. I wish I were a little closer to downtown.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Chelsea

In the mountains of Tennessee. Really nice town that has grown over the years. Not so small anymore.

Hugs  :)
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Jin

Like Kimberly we live out in the sticks. Way out where the chickens hump the hoot owls.

That little piece between California and Washington. Not counting PDX, which is basically a suburb of Seattle.
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

•  

Chloe

I chose suburban, SW side of Atlanta, but still have horse farms and cow scenery (500 acres just across street) so suppose would still be a diehard  Jeffersonian Agrarian! (ie: more rural) Sorry but positively despise "city people" . . . Just because you 'ave the WALK signal doesn't mean you can totally IGNORE traffic with yer music Walkman on!!

Was browsing 'polls' this AM to get some topic/question suggestions. I have an original php web based CASS survey system and would like to design and create a serious Transgender survey that incorporates what's called "lookback" - the ability to dynamically ask different groups of people specific questions based on previous poll responses.

Am interested in TG attitudes, living situations and depression. Will post more if interest, when I have more time!

"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

SonadoraXVX

Suburbs of South Los Angeles, CA, in a latino/black megahood, No, not east L.A., either, that's all latino.
To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•  

KathyLauren

A teeny-tiny fishing village, year-round population, including surrounding farmland, maybe 300.  When we go to town for shopping or services, "town" is one of three places, population 4000, 5000, or 6000, depending which one we go to.  So, really quite rural.

My trans services - therapist, HRT doc, support group - are in the city, an hour and a half away, population 400,000.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Sarah_P

I'd definitely classify it as rural. It's the largest town in the county, but it's completely surrounded by farmland. Even the people who live in town could be seen as farm-folks. We have a walmart, and even a movie theater (only built around 10 years ago), but whenever someone wants to do any real shopping or eating out, they drive to Kansas City (and hour and some change away).
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

KittyKatKiera

Washington D.C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •