Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

best experiences at school?

Started by virtualverny, March 13, 2018, 02:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

virtualverny

hey friends!
so today i had my interview with my first choice college. they addressed me as verny, used he/him, and told me i would be viewed as a boy when i eventually enrol, which is awesome!
it got me wondering about school. i've had plenty of BAD trans experiences at school, but i have yet to hear about good ones. do you have any nice stories about being accepted at school?

*No Profanity Please*
  •  

Julia1996

Unfortunately I don't.  The best day I had at school was the day I graduated and never had to go back!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Allison S

Well in hs we were all seperated and clique-y, ususlly very based on a person's "major". I remember the core classes boys would always tease me in silly ways or randomly tell me I'm cute. Not sure what that has to do with being trans. But I think they were either bi or curious so who knows.

College was okay. I was friends with pretty girls for the most part, we would get lunch, go shopping. That was the best. Then when I decided to dorm, some guy on my floor and I grabbed dinner because we were both kind of loners. It was awkward and I think to ease the situation he told me that I changed his mind about gay people. Because I was "different" somehow. I forget what he meant by that but we never got food together again after lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Jin

When the boys discovered that I liked to have my bumps fondled, I became VERY popular!
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

KathyLauren

None.

I was totally unaware of who I was back then, so none of my experiences felt trans-related at the time.  The experiences I can recall now that, in hindsight, I can identify as trans-related were all bad.  Some very bad.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

big kim

I was Billy no mates til other kids found I could get served in bars at 15. Then I became the most popular kid in my year! I was a punchbag for bullies till I learned fighting dirty & how to throw a punch, avoid blows by making myself less of a target & finishing a fight by hitting a vulnerable point at 13. School was hell, at least 4 kids found boot camp like a holiday camp after my school!
  •  

Kylo

School was hell.

I've been back in further education a few times since then though and everyone's been great. No problems at all. I think they're a bit too accommodating and nervous to please at times, tbh.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Jenniferangelina

Hated High School but im loving college! Just the other day I went to QSA (queer straight alliance) and came out as trans and everybody clapped and gave me hugs. I feel very happy in college and im doing good grade wise for the most part haha (not so good in current class). Im sorry to those of you who havent had any good experiences I know how bad life can get and its not a good experience and makes you feel horrible, but know that in spirit myself and many here are with you thick and thin. Keep it up I am proud of all of you!
Always be your true self! :icon_bunch: Even when you do not quite know who that is yet!  ;D
  •  

DawnOday

Not much happened except comments on my penis size and since I was the tallest person in the band I got to carry the tuba. Notice I did not say "play the tuba" actually I was best a catching peanuts thrown my way, Heck I'm a saxophone player. Oh and I got teased because I could not do chin ups or jump a 3 ft tall hurdle. I've got to say some of closest friends are from that time and they are happy for me. That's why I'm the luckiest person in the world. Thanks for being progressive West Coast. As far as college goes. I am probably the only person operating the yard markers at a football game to have their nose cut open by a yard marker that was 6' tall and I was 6'5" at the time. They ran a sweep and I didn't get out of the way in time. Only took 11 stitches. But I returned in the second half to a standing ovation.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•